Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final : Barry Hawkins v Ronnie O'Sulliv

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Another one is mark allen maybe jealousy

What's Mark Allen saying?

Well, he's just looks snake hissed off that ROS is the box office and he's always making a big deal out of it. I think, when World Snooker posted on twitter that the Ronnie match against MJW is already almost booked out Allen posted a tweet, saying something like, "maybe you could promote the matches of the others players as well and not just Ronnies".

With him it's really a thing of jealously whereas with MJW it really looks at times that they have some personal problems. I think, Ronnie and MJW have never got along actually.
Last edited by TheRocket on 17 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Another one is mark allen maybe jealousy

What's Mark Allen saying?

Well, he's just looks snake hissed off that ROS is the box office and he's always making a big deal out of it. I think, when World Snooker posted on twitter that the Ronnie match against MJW is already almost booked out Allen posted a tweet, saying something like, "maybe you could promote the matches of the others players as well and not just Ronnies".

With him it's really a thing of jealously whereas with MJW it really looks at times that they have some personal problems. I think, Ronnie and him have never got along actually.

I think MJW really does respect and admire Ronnie. At heart, MJW is a wind up merchant and probably sees Ronnie as an easy target for his antics sometimes.

Allen on the other hand does seem to have a chip on his shoulder for whatever reason, I agree with you there.

Postby Andre147

MJW really respects Ronnie no doubt, he's always saying he's the best ever seen, that no other player can touch him when on song. Hell, it was even MJW's ideia to pay Ronnie whatever he wants for turning up <laugh>

I think they had some issues in the past, similar to that Ronnie/Hendry 2002 sad little life remark, but I think MJW and Ronnie get along well. Not mates by any means, but no needle between them anymore.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:MJW really respects Ronnie no doubt, he's always saying he's the best ever seen, that no other player can touch him when on song. Hell, it was even MJW's ideia to pay Ronnie whatever he wants for turning up <laugh>

I think they had some issues in the past, similar to that Ronnie/Hendry 2002 sad little life remark, but I think MJW and Ronnie get along well. Not mates by any means, but no needle between them anymore.

I remember Ronnie made some comments about MJW in his first book and MJW retaliated, and it sort of escalated from there. But they seem to be fine now, though.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:That Snooker movie they made... The Rack or whatever it's called...

airs tomorrow evening no? I might give it a watch on Monday or something.

Think it's out on the tomorrow online, looking forward to it hope it isn't cheesy.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Mark Williams and his dry humour cracks me up all the time. I /think/ it's the Stuart Bingham professional opinion skit where Mark just straight faces the camera and goes 'I don't really have an opinion on him. I don't really like him.' <laugh>

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Guys, i dont know how u would feel

but a loss for ronnie would be a massive disappitnment in my eyes. After beating great players but still moining about his bad back i am not confident. Feels like the WGP last season. Played crap all tournament but reached the final. Led 6-4 and never won a frame after that.

his back is mentally damaging him. 2010 he played so vs robbo and MJW and was close to winthe title. I was in shock for 2 weeks. In the penumalte frame where he had the chance to counter attack he potted some amazing balls. Potted the last red left handed along the cushion but came on the wrong side of the blue and missed a mid distance yellow. Fractions. And he got another chance but didnt land ideal on the green and tried a thin cut left handed. Could have snookered there.

I will be massively disappointed. To lose 5 masters finals is too much

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:MJW really respects Ronnie no doubt, he's always saying he's the best ever seen, that no other player can touch him when on song. Hell, it was even MJW's ideia to pay Ronnie whatever he wants for turning up <laugh>

Shaun Murphy "Many are saying O'Sullivan is the best ever, but the records say otherwise".

Postby Cloud Strife

This film (The Running Man) is both funny and depressing at the same time. I suspect the film makers tried to do a social commentary throughout much of this film, and thirty years on its more apt now than it was at the time of its release.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:

Shaun Murphy "Many are saying O'Sullivan is the best ever, but the records say otherwise".

Dont give a toss what Murphy "I have an opinion on everything" says :wave: records are not all there is to it.

I'm even surprised you took that Murphy remark seriously.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Dont give a toss what Murphy "I have an opinion on everything" says :wave: records are not all there is to it.

I'm even surprised you took that Murphy remark seriously.

Clive Everton - "Achievements outweigh opinion every time".

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:vodkadiet, you should post more. I enjoy your posts.

I prefer reading others comments. I admit that I don't watch as much snooker as I did in the past so I like to read about what is happening. But thanks anyway. I will bear it in my mind Cloud Strife.

Postby Andre147

Just enjoy the Final mate <ok> With all that silly negativity you never gonna enjoy Ronnie's wins.

Ronnie will do fine tomorrow, may be a close match but I don't think he'll lose this one.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:

I prefer reading others comments. I admit that I don't watch as much snooker as I did in the past so I like to read about what is happening. But thanks anyway. I will bear it in my mind Cloud Strife.

Yes I do enjoy your as well Vodka, as you probably know already.

You used to post here often in the past, but not anymore it seems.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:- Collapse of the world economy
- Control of society through a corrupt and state owned media
- Sadistic game show
- Police state

These are a just a few of the world's problems.

The whole of The City of London is a crime scene....

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:

:hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:- Collapse of the world economy
- Control of society through a corrupt and state owned media
- Sadistic game show
- Police state

These are a just a few of the world's problems.

The whole of The City of London is a crime scene....

Indeed. Aided and abetted by certain elements of the government.

Postby Prop

I personally absorb less of what he says but more of what he plays, as time goes on.

What you could once call enigmatic is now largely irrelevant nonsense, in relation to his actual snooker.

Sometimes I wonder if it's just a bit of a game to him, saying he's struggling, rubbish in practice - he's keeping everyone guessing, keeping people talking, sustaining the circus. He probably gets a bit of a laugh out of it, between him and himself.

I believe this is what MJW was alluding to so tactfully on twitter earlier.

Hazel and the boys can't help trying to create some sort of story out of nothing whenever he's in the studio. And I think he just plays along, saying any old nonsense in order to dodge any weighty expectations.

He's not as good at transparent conversation as he is at snooker, but that shouldn't mean a thing - I tune in to watch snooker. He can say what he likes as long as he keeps trying and doesn't throw the towel in.

As for the match, I'd really like to see Barry get a quick start. Something like the two quick tons he rattled in straight off against Trump would settle him, and I think we'd then see him play his better stuff.

Ronnie could click tomorrow and freeze him out completely, instead of making inspirational clearances to steal frames (which was great entertainment, admittedly).

Fingers crossed it's a belting game.

I said at the start of this tournament that I had a funny feeling it would be very special for some reason. This is probably the 25th or 26th Masters I've watched, and so far it rates very highly indeed. Great stuff.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Yes I do enjoy your as well Vodka, as you probably know already.

You used to post here often in the past, but not anymore it seems.

I tend to come alive more about this time of the year onwards. I thank you for your comments. You are also a very good poster Andre.

Postby Ronnie79

I did not like Allen Murphy's, Kings or MJW comments on ronnie on the beeb today. Allen said he was weak mentally coming from a player who can only win ptcs. King said he was jekyll and hyde and mjw said he was strange off the table. Not very nice comments really