Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final : Barry Hawkins v Ronnie O'Sulliv

Postby Skullman

Andy Spark wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:This is Ronnie's 11th Masters final. Far ahead of everyone else in that regard.

I'd prefer Hendry's 6/9 than Ronnie's possible 5 or 6/11.

Of course, seeing good of a player I am, turning up to the Masters would be an overachievement for me...

If you prefer 6/9 to 6/11 then you must prefer Ronnie's 5/5 over Hendry's record in the UK's. :-)

Yup.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:This is Ronnie's 11th Masters final. Far ahead of everyone else in that regard.

I'd prefer Hendry's 6/9 than Ronnie's possible 5 or 6/11.

Of course, seeing good of a player I am, turning up to the Masters would be an overachievement for me...

If you prefer 6/9 to 6/11 then you must prefer Ronnie's 5/5 over Hendry's record in the UK's. :-)

Yup.

But isn't getting to the final also worth something? It's surely better than going out early...

Postby TheRocket

Btw. I think that Robertson is the number 1 favourite for the World Championship. If you look at his current form and the standard he's producing atm, someone really need to play at his very very best to beat him and even then it's very tight.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Btw. I think that Robertson is the number 1 favourite for the World Championship. If you look at his current form and the standard he's producing atm, someone really need to play at his very very best to beat him and even then it's very tight.

As I wrote in the other thread he's overdue another title. Since late 2011 or so he turned into an world class match player and won Masters and UK titles, but he has nothing to show for from the Worlds despite some great performances.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
But isn't getting to the final also worth something? It's surely better than going out early...

Well, it's more cash, but a loss is a loss. I'd feel worse about losing when the trophy's almost within reach personally (assuming I was good enough to win).

Postby TheRocket

Skull has the same attitude as me probably. I always think that I'd rather lose in the semis than reaching the final and losing there. Nothing worse than losing in the final and especially if it's a close one, it'll be always in our head.

If I look back at the 2014 World Championship, I think , losing to Joe Perry would have been a lot nicer than reaching the final and then losing to Selby lol. Yes, people can say that you played in one more World final but still.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Well, it's more cash, but a loss is a loss. I'd feel worse about losing when the trophy's almost within reach personally (assuming I was good enough to win).

Fair enough. I'm sure Stephen Hendry will agree as well.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The scoreline in the last 5 Masters finals:

10-2
10-4
10-6
10-6
10-4

No close matches since 2009 and 2010

We won't be able to hold our nerves again if this gets really close <laugh> say 10-8 or even 10-9...

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

But surely winning three matches is better than winning just one or two? :chin:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:

10-2
10-4
10-6
10-6
10-4

We won't be able to hold our nerves again if this gets really close <laugh> say 10-8 or even 10-9...

i predicted Ronnie to win 10-8. :emb: I got my last two predictions or Ronnie matches right as I predicted him to beat Selby and Bingham 6-3...

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Skull has the same attitude as me probably. I always think that I'd rather lose in the semis than reaching the final and losing there. Nothing worse than losing in the final and especially if it's a close one, it'll be always in our head.

If I look back at the 2014 World Championship, I think , losing to Joe Perry would have been a lot nicer than reaching the final and then losing to Selby lol. Yes, people can say that you played in one more World final but still.

In that case we would have missed the amazing finish from Ronnie in the Perry match though.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Skull has the same attitude as me probably. I always think that I'd rather lose in the semis than reaching the final and losing there. Nothing worse than losing in the final and especially if it's a close one, it'll be always in our head.

Sory but dont agree with that at all.

I know Finals are meant to be won, it's a massve failure if a player cant win one having worked so hard to get there.

BUT how can one predict the future? I couldn't say last year : oh I'd rather Ronnie loses to Bingham because I know he'll lose against trump next round (WC). One can just never predict it.

I know where you're getting from, but given the choice right now, I would still prefer Ronnie losing to Selby than against Perry.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:

10-2
10-4
10-6
10-6
10-4

Surely it can't get worse than against Selby in 2010.

Ronnie can become the joint record champion of the Masters tomorrow. That's quite a prospect for Ronnie I think. Because right now despite all his greatness he's still behind Hendry and Davis in the respective triple crown leader boards.

Postby Andre147

Isn't it amazing that at 40 years of age Ronnie O'Sullivan is yet again in a Major Final, with the chance to equall his great rival Hendry on number of Masters titles.

Beats MJW, WN1 Selby and current World Champion Bingham along the way. Hopefully 2013 WC finalist as well.

It will be a sad day when this man definately quits the Sport. before people moan about it, it will move on just like after A. Higgins and Jimmy White, but Ronnie is one if not our greatest ever player in Snooker.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:Isn't it amazing that at 40 years of age Ronnie O'Sullivan is yet again in a Major Final, with the chance to equall his great rival Hendry on number of Masters titles.

Beats MJW, WN1 Selby and current World Champion Bingham along the way. Hopefully 2013 WC finalist as well.

It will be a sad day when this man definately quits the Sport. before people moan about it, it will move on just like after A. Higgins and Jimmy White, but Ronnie is one if not our greatest ever player in Snooker.

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Isn't it amazing that at 40 years of age Ronnie O'Sullivan is yet again in a Major Final, with the chance to equall his great rival Hendry on number of Masters titles.

It's certainly a good start to his 40s life chapter. Hopefully he'll carry on for many many more years. The day Ronnie quits will mark the end of an era the sport has never seen before and will mostly never see again.

Postby TheRocket

Am I the only one who thinks that MJW somestimes really makes himself looking like a moron? I don't know why but sometimes he's making himself look like a jobless guy who's just wasting his life on twitter and keep making stupid comments about other players, particularly O'Sullivan. And not just stupid comments, clear offensive language as well.

I don't know why he feels the urge to do that and it's up to him at the end of the day but it's really strange.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that MJW somestimes really makes himself looking like a moron? I don't know why but sometimes he's making himself look like a jobless guy who's just wasting his life on twitter and keep making stupid comments about other players, particularly O'Sullivan. And not just stupid comments, clear offensive language as well.

I don't know why he feels the urge to do that and it's up to him at the end of the day but it's really strange.

You're not the only one mate. <ok>

MJW would certianly win a Twitter tournament nowadays. A Snooker one? Only Seniors rofl

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 wrote:Got this from Twitter:

In 2016 Ronnie O'Sullivan:

11 matches played ✔ 11 matches won ✔ 11 centuries made ✔ 11th Masters final ✔

:D

And yet he has a bad back! I was just thinking that maybe when Ronnie at last believes nothing is really wrong with his life or body, maybe that will be the time he plays crap snooker.