Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Stuart Bin

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:And by the way, Ronnie won the match! So why would he be making excuses? He won FFS. He's just saying his back is affecting his stance a bit. That's it.

Because he's Ronnie? He could make five 147s and a 146, and still apologise for playing rubbish.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:And by the way, Ronnie won the match! So why would he be making excuses? He won FFS. He's just saying his back is affecting his stance a bit. That's it.

Because he's Ronnie? He could make five 147s and a 146, and still apologise for playing rubbish.

Yes apologising for playing rubbish is normal for him. But some posters were saying if Ronnie loses the final he will use the ecxuse that he lost because of his back. Surely that's something else and not Ronnie's style?

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Yes apologising for playing rubbish is normal for him. But some posters were saying if Ronnie loses the final he will use the ecxuse that he lost because of his back. Surely that's something else and not Ronnie's style?

Fair enough. Not really been following this thread.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 16 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:I think players like Ding, Judd, Robbo and Selby have matched those performances, just not as often.

I agree. The semi final between Robertson and Selby in the Worlds was probably as good as any match.
Just in terms of consistency they are not up there as you say.

I'd keep an eye on Robbo. He just keeps getting better and keeps wanting to improve, and it took a ridiculous performance from Judd to stop him.

If he needs something like that every time...

Robbo has to win another World Title quickly. He's become far to good and consistent for only the one.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Hendry's right, Bingham will definitely see this as an opportunity to prove he deserves the title of world champ.
I think this might be a very good match.

Hendry talking marmite again. There is no need to prove he's worthy of the world title. He proved that by winning it. On route he beat Dott, Ronnie, Trump and Murphy. So we can't even use to easy draw argument.

Also, Hendry on being asked by Hazel; "Is there anybody who can deny Ronnie from winning the title?" replied; "No." This is utter nonsense. Bingham beat Ronnie at The Crucible. The pundits can whinge, cry and pull their hair out all the want. But it happened, and there is no changing it. Bingham proved that he CAN beat Ronnie.

I know Hendry wasn't answering the question literally, and was instead answering the question; "Do you think Bingham or Hawkins can beat Ronnie on current form?" But even so, it's a mug comment by Hendry. As usual he implies that unless you are a top-4 player, than you don't have the ability to beat other players. Even if we ignore Bingham, look at Hawkins. Trump played amazingly to beat Robbo, then Hawkins played amazingly to beat Trump.

Just because the BBC pundits want Ronnie's private parts in their mouth, answering the question; "Is there anybody left in the draw that can possibly beat Ronnie?" with the answer; "No!" is knobbish behaviour from Hendry.

Postby Holden Chinaski

RJFindlay wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
RJFindlay wrote:Watching MOTD is nowhere near as exciting as snooker.

Neither is having sex with a supermodel. :shrug:

It's snooker, the best thing in the world.

I would trade a years worth of orgasms to watch an on-song ronnie.

I love snooker... But I wouldn't go as far as you guys. Sorry.

Postby Skullman

I respect Hendry for telling us his actual thoughts. Of course he's not always right, but I prefer it to others' wishy washy approach, which feels like they want the regular viewer at home to think here's always a chance of a close match, even when there likely isn't.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:I respect Hendry for telling us his actual thoughts. Of course he's not always right, but I prefer it to others' wishy washy approach, which feels like they want the regular viewer at home to think here's always a chance of a close match, even when there likely isn't.

Fair point.

It don't help that he's only right about once a season, mind.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:I respect Hendry for telling us his actual thoughts. Of course he's not always right, but I prefer it to others' wishy washy approach, which feels like they want the regular viewer at home to think here's always a chance of a close match, even when there likely isn't.

Agreed.

Hendry has strong opinions and I enjoy hearing them. With his amount of titles, I think it's probably easy to think you're always right..

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Yes apologising for playing rubbish is normal for him. But some posters were saying if Ronnie loses the final he will use the ecxuse that he lost because of his back. Surely that's something else and not Ronnie's style?

Ronnie wont use it as a excuse he never has but there are plenty on forums/twitter etc that would use it.

if only some of his fans was as honest as he is there would be less crap on here sorry if the truth hurts.

Postby Goldenballs147

Ronnie's body language and general attitude after the MSI was just reminiscent of how he was behaving around the time of the World Grand Prix last year, I find it so remarkable how he can change so drastically, so quickly.

Even at the end as he left the arena he clearly couldn't wait to get out of there, and it wasn't until the end of the post match interview that he even made it seem as if he wanted to be there.

I also find it quite ironic that on one hand Ronnie is calling for a darts type atmosphere at snooker matches, wants crowd involvement with cheering and shouting and a less formal atmosphere, while on the other hand seems to be one of the players that is most affected by it if he isn't in the right frame of mind.

In any event I am genuinely looking forward to tomorrow's final, and hoping to see Ronnie lift his 6th Masters title :)

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:The get in and come on ronnie roars from the crowd on ronnies every shot was annoying. Think it makes ronnie play worse when his fans are too vocal

I think those fans annoy Ronnie as much as they annoy everybody else.

When they did that towards Ding in the final, he went as far as telling them to buck off. I respected him for that.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:The get in and come on ronnie roars from the crowd on ronnies every shot was annoying. Think it makes ronnie play worse when his fans are too vocal

I think those fans annoy Ronnie as much as they annoy everybody else.

When they did that towards Ding in the final, he went as far as telling them to buck off. I respected him for that.

That was a great moment. When it comes down to it, Ronnie is a nice guy.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ronnie's body language was indeed a bit strange yesterday. But it's hard to tell what was the matter,if it was his back problems or something else... It's probably nothing. The man is hard to read.

I know a lot about psychology and I've been watching Ronnie for years, and there's no other person I know who is so hard to understand. He is an enigma. You never know what's going on in his head. He is a fascinating person. I believe he has a hard time living with his superstar status. He is also very critical of himself. Sometimes his behaviour is like someone who's autistic..

Some people like Wild might say "bring out the violins", but it must be hard for Ronnie to be so popular and to have that level of expectation.. I think it's much easier to be the underdog.

Bingham was talking about how hard it is to live up to the expectations of being the world champion. Imagine how it must feel to be Ronnie. Everytime Ronnie plays hundreds of people expect him to play like a god and hundreds of other people want him to lose, so they can say "look, he's not that good!".

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Haye just knocked out some bum in R1. :dizzy:

Thanks. I've taped that to watch it tomorrow. <doh>

Oops, sorry. :emb:

In fairness, you didn't really miss much. <ok>

To be fair, I knew what was going to happen. He didn't pick a comeback opponent to give him a test.

I'm more interested how Dave handled the fight. It's the first time they've shown live boxing. Good to see it in freeview.

I am watching the fight now.