Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Final : Barry Hawkins v Judd Trump

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cheshire Cat wrote:Sometimes it's hard to forget how well Barry played against Ronnie in that 2013 final just because Ronnie himself was also playing well. I remember Barry going 3-2 at one point and making it the first time Ronnie had fallen behind in the whole tournament, then 7-7 in the second session and in both cases Ronnie had to respond with centuries, back-to-back at times, just to get back in front. On his day, Barry is top class and he's showing it.

:goodpost:

Postby kolompar

snucar wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Hendry needed to play the White's and the Bond's to win.

Putting a great player like White at the same level with Bond is beyond me.

Still it didn't take an all time great like White to humiliate Hawkins at the UK in 2014, Bond was enough for that <laugh>

Postby Holden Chinaski

kolompar wrote:
snucar wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Hendry needed to play the White's and the Bond's to win.

Putting a great player like White at the same level with Bond is beyond me.

Still it didn't take an all time great like White to humiliate Hawkins at the UK in 2014, Bond was enough for that <laugh>

What about Ronnie humiliating Hendry at the 2008 world championship?

I'm going to stop this childish banter now. I respect both Ronnie and Hendry. And everyone who means something in the game, including Hendry, knows Ronnie's the best. But Hendry was a beast in his prime as well.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Well, Barry is playing as good as Mark Williams did in his prime so far. Great stuff.

130 and 128 breaks :hatoff:

And if Judd starts knocking in long breaks, we could be in for another Classic :-D

Postby TheRocket

It's actually quite amusing, reading some of the comments here.

O'Sullivan has played and competed with the very best players of 4 different generations or so (Hendry,Doherty,Higgins,MJW,Selby,Robertson,Ding,Trump and and and ) and he's having quite a good H2H against all of them , beating them all in the very big matches. And not just beating. He even humiliated the most of them in at least one or two big matches.

He's playing at a very high standard for almost a quarter of century now, something Hendry was never capable of doing. But yeah, Ronnie had it always easy lol. It's more like he made it look so easy because he's that good.
Last edited by TheRocket on 16 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:What's the record for points without reply again?

So you of all people should know that <laugh>

Ronnie's, 552 or something like that.

I obviously knew that it's Ronnie's record, I just wasn't sure about the exact number. Anyway doesn't matter after Trump potting the red.