Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Final : Barry Hawkins v Judd Trump

Postby hendry_fan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What happened between Trump breaking down and Hawkins potting the final colours to win? Did Trump choke?

Trump played a bad safety in which he gave Barry a long pot at the red,he pots it and clears from there.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What happened between Trump breaking down and Hawkins potting the final colours to win? Did Trump choke?

Just a safety that wasn't good enough. Left Hawkins a too easy long red and he cleared.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:If Ronnie doesnt win this title now <doh>

In a way there's now more pressure on Ronnie than yesterday. Let's see if it will affect him tonight.

Good point, but I really don't think Ronnie will be looking too far ahead.

He wants to exact revenge for the WC loss, and that I think will spur him on. <ok>

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
LC wrote:Don't think Robertson would of lost against Hawkins

That's what Hendry says as well on twitter.

Hendry also probably thought Barry had no chance against Robbo in the Worlds last year :wave: He nearly always says that he expects the bigger name to win.

I don't think he wanna be disrespectful to Barry with this comment. He justs want to point out probably that Trump is lacking the winning mentality or just choking when it really matters and you've got to say that Hendry is right about that.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I think Hendry should know better than anyone that every day is a different day. Look at Robbo last year; sublime against Ronnie and then hammered by Murphy in the final. Credit to Judd though, match is barely over and he's already onto twitter to wish Barry all the best, looked like a nice handshake after the match as well.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
LC wrote:Don't think Robertson would of lost against Hawkins

That's what Hendry says as well on twitter.

Hendry also probably thought Barry had no chance against Robbo in the Worlds last year :wave: He nearly always says that he expects the bigger name to win.

I don't think he wanna be disrespectful to Barry with this comment. He justs want to point out probably that Trump is lacking the winning mentality or just choking when it really matters and you've got to say that Hendry is right about that.

That easy missed red being 4-3 up was a choke, agreed. But I wouldn't say Judd bottled this match, Barry was just a bit better today.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 16 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Barry Hawkins vs Judd Trump Review

Postby KelvinW

Barry Hawkins defeated Judd Trump 6-4 this afternoon in the Semi Finals of the Masters. Judd Trump lead 4-3 but Barry hit back with 3 centuries and won the match.
He is looking to face either Stuart Bingham or Ronnie O Sullivan in the Final.

Postby KelvinW

TheRocket wrote:
LC wrote:i just think Judd lacks the winning mentality, can't do it consistently

He has the same problem like Matthew Stevens had in his prime. They have all the talent in the world but they can't produce it in the very big moments.

Judd's a bit like Jimmy White.

Postby KelvinW

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
But Bingham IS a joke. And Ronnie will destroy him tonight.

You are the joke.

Unless you want to prove me wrong, and enter the World Championship and show us how well you'd do.

What he meant is Bingham is a solid player, but he is nothing special. He doesn't stand out in a crowd of players

Postby SnookerFan

KelvinW wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
But Bingham IS a joke. And Ronnie will destroy him tonight.

You are the joke.

Unless you want to prove me wrong, and enter the World Championship and show us how well you'd do.

What he meant is Bingham is a solid player, but he is nothing special. He doesn't stand out in a crowd of players

He didn't mean that. If he meant that, he'd have said that.

Muppet always over exaggerates when it comes to insulting people. No idea why he pretends to be such a tool, as he's a nice guy.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I told you Barry's capable of beating anybody when in form.

<doh>

Who didn't know that?

Some Hendry and Selby fans were acting like Barry is a joke. Alot of them also say Ronnie had an easy final against Barry in the worlds. <doh>

Clueless people. <ok>

Could work for the BBC commentary team. :hatoff:

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:Nothing against Judd Trump as a person but his similarities to Matthew Stevens when it comes to choking in the big moments is really fascinating.

He's nothing like Stevens.

Trump has won 5 ranking/to be ranking tournaments. In those finals, he beat Mark Allen, Neil Robertson (twice), Mark Selby and Ronnie O'Sullivan. Hardly the mark of a choker.

The problem Trump has is that he's far better against the likes of Selby, Robertson & Sullivan than he is against the likes of Kyren Wilson, Wenbo, Barry Hawkins and Stuart Bingham. If he had more Ronnie about him and played brilliantly against EVERYONE as opposed to just great players, he'd be our current World Champion and already an all-time great. I still trust him to put this right.

Trump has never asked a stranger for spare change