Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final : Judd Trump v Neil Robertson

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:Strife if Robbo does beat Trump who would you rather him face in the semis who would have the best chance of beating him

You didn't ask me, but Hawkins would without a doubt, Robbo played his A game against him at Worlds Quarter-Final this year, and still lost the match 13-12.

Allen on the other hand, and especially at the Masters, has played superbly well against Robbo, and still lost the match.

Hawkins for me has a much better chance.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Strife if Robbo does beat Trump who would you rather him face in the semis who would have the best chance of beating him

You didn't ask me, but Hawkins would without a doubt, Robbo played his A game against him at Worlds Quarter-Final this year, and still lost the match 13-12.

Allen on the other hand, and especially at the Masters, has played superbly well against Robbo, and still lost the match.

Hawkins for me has a much better chance.

Yeah, I would go along with that. Hawkins doesn't fear Robertson, that's for sure. Allen on the other hand, for whatever reason, just hasn't performed in big matches for a while now.

Postby Ronnie79

Hawkins has only won one match ever in the event this year. Its hard to see him take Robbo out and make the final. Surely Allen has to step up and make a triple crown final sooner rather than later. His record against Robbo is very poor at the mo though

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:Interesting how all the Ronnie fans want Robbo to lose :chin:

that pattern is becoming very obvious

Why would Ronnie fans want Robbo to lose? I don't understand. I don't give a toss if Robbo or Judd wins..

Postby Skullman

I noticed that too. They've been much less thorough since the worlds ended. Maybe they're busy with their actual paying work, rather than the website where they write for free? I know Dave Hendon has started up snooker podcasts.

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way, Inside Snooker seems to be slacking a bit this year. Didn't they usually have lengthy match previews at the Masters? Also only few match reports with comments.

That site is on its last legs, IMO. Just as Snooker Island is.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way, Inside Snooker seems to be slacking a bit this year. Didn't they usually have lengthy match previews at the Masters? Also only few match reports with comments.

That site is on its last legs, IMO. Just as Snooker Island is.

<laugh> I've been posting here since 2010 and I would say that the forum is in very good shape. Not at it's peak, but still pretty good.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:I noticed that too. They've been much less thorough since the worlds ended. Maybe they're busy with their actual paying work, rather than the website where they write for free? I know Dave Hendon has started up snooker podcasts.

Interesting. Where I can find these podcasts without having to use Google?