Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final : Judd Trump v Neil Robertson

Postby LC

Is there a standard size for pockets? There is a similar argument in the darts forum saying pdc trebles are 4% larger thus higher scores averages etc, don't know how true this is or with snooker if the pockets are bigger

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
GJ wrote:Trump v Ronnie or Trump v Higgins would be the ideal final

Trump would probably rather play Ronnie than Higgins. I think, he fears Higgins more than he does Ronnie. He's never beaten Higgins in a big match.

Fully agree mate, Higgins always seems to get on his head. He should definately have beaten him at Shanghai Final being 7-2 up if I'm not mistaken.

Postby Skullman

I think we've discussed this before? Technically pockets are the same, but can be cut differently, so that they're more accepting. Pockets is just a shorthand because generous cuts of pockets gets tedious to say repeatedly.

Postby GJ

Not sure on mental scars v Higgins I think that win today will boost trump big time and if he gets ahead he will beat Higgins this time.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Shaun Murphy talking bull. Higgins could still beat Hendry's records if he really wanted rofl

If he keeps up his standard this season, it's still possible. Only Robbo stopped him at the UK.

Higgins despite winning tournaments cant maintain that going in a long match and even if he can i would hope other players actually plays better than they did when he won in Australia and Wales

Postby GJ

That decider v robbo Higgins missed a few sitters so maybe in the majors he may be lacking at the crunch moments

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Not sure on mental scars v Higgins I think that win today will boost trump big time and if he gets ahead he will beat Higgins this time.

He has mental scars against Higgins I think. The Shanghai Final being 7-2 up, and one other China match when he was 4-0 up, lost 5-4.

He's definately got a better chance of beating Ronnie than he does against Higgins.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:I think we've discussed this before? Technically pockets are the same, but can be cut differently, so that they're more accepting. Pockets is just a shorthand because generous cuts of pockets gets tedious to say repeatedly.

you dont need to cut them differently all you need is to rub the cush with something by the jaw and they will slide in.

table fitters know the drill.

Postby Andre147

LC wrote:I enjoy big breaks but it does get tedious after a while

If it were your favourite player making them you certainly wouldn't say that.

I like a bit of variety as well, but I do fully enjoy a match like this one. :hatoff:

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I did predict 6-5 win for Trump... we'll see..

:hatoff:

Good prediction. Robbo probably was the favourite today but for whatever reason Trump always seems to be playing well against him. I rarely can remember a match where Judd played bad against Neil. He's always causing Neil problems.

Postby PoolBoy

6 centuries in 11 frames! That standard was frightening.
What's the record for total centuries in any game of snooker? From what I can find, it's 8. But was expecting it to be higher. For example, the 8 was Ronnie v Hendry (4 each) but was over 30 frames.
If Trump and Robbo had another 19 frames to play...who knows how many there would have been!

Postby Wildey

PoolBoy wrote:6 centuries in 11 frames! That standard was frightening.
What's the record for total centuries in any game of snooker? From what I can find, it's 8. But was expecting it to be higher. For example, the 8 was Ronnie v Hendry (4 each) but was over 30 frames.
If Trump and Robbo had another 19 frames to play...who knows how many there would have been!

the 8 you mention by Hendry v ROS was made in one session of 8 frames

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I did predict 6-5 win for Trump... we'll see..

:hatoff:

Good prediction. Robbo probably was the favourite today but for whatever reason Trump always seems to be playing well against him. I rarely can remember a match where Judd played bad against Neil. He's always causing Neil problems.

Yes, he's always doing well against Robertson, doesn't matter how he played in the matches before. Must be some kind of trigger.

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:Looking at the records on Cue Tracker, the game in question, Hendy v O'Sullivan 1999 World Champs semi,
the centuries were compiled in frames 1, 10, 11, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24.

3 matches (I think) have had a record of 8 centuries.

That one, the 2002 Worlds Final and this year Quarter-Final of Worlds between Robbo and Hawkins.

Postby Cue Guru

LC wrote:Is there a standard size for pockets? There is a similar argument in the darts forum saying pdc trebles are 4% larger thus higher scores averages etc, don't know how true this is or with snooker if the pockets are bigger

WS pockets are cut to a different template compared to a standard Star table. They're cut 3.5'' at the pocket fall with an elliptical (not rounded) knuckle. Davis called them huge this week after Bingo gets a red to contact the black cushion half way along and still sink. A standard Star is cut at 3.25'' and 1/4'' diff in . snooker is massive, the diff between a 50 and a ton. We have tables of this size in our league and we can smash them in. We can't do that on our Stars.

And here's the proof, WS fitters won't release the template, nor will they even say yes or no to the question of whether it's the Star template on their tables. So we know they're hiding. With super fast cloths, pros have it easy. You try those shots at SWSA or Northern Snooker centre, you're fooked.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:No match in history has ever had 8 centuries in a row. Why are people saying Trump would have an easier final against ROS compared to Higgy baby. He might blow higgy off the table. He will be praying bingham gets thru

Praying Bingham gets through?

Their last multi.session match didn't go to well for him :wave: