Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Final : Mark Selby v Ronnie O'Sullivan

Postby Pink Ball

I'm not a Ronnie fan by any means, but what an insane talent he is. Practice in no substitute for competitive snooker, and that he can not only compete but win in spite of time off is beyond impressive.

He's the most naturally gifted sportsman I've ever seen.

Postby eraserhead

Skullman wrote:Bet ROS has heard that he's his harshest critic too many times. Davis was merely alluding to it and he has a clear 'buck off' look on his face.

That's his face all the time <laugh>

Postby Andre147

What an incredible clearance that was, just :bowdown:

Under pressure, it probably is one of Ronnie's finest clearances, especially some of the shots he had to pull off there.

Selby was just outplayed today, Ronnie's long potting if not 100% was pretty close to it. Selby ran out of position very often, plus his break off shots the first 3 frames he did them were just amateurish.

Very very happy for this result. :happy:

RONNIE :D :happy: :D

Postby SnookerFan

boris_the_butcher wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Turned it off. No disrespect to Ronnie, but his voice makes my skin crawl.

you're missing a good interview. He's eating a chocolate doughnut.

That'd snake hiss me off more after mistakenly eating a jam doughnut earlier. I really fancied a chocolate doughnut, and picked up the wrong thing.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:We witnessed the return of the (snooker) King!

He's not the King just getting to the semis.

I'm not talking about his tournament progress. His performance today was a statement.

And if ended up getting beat by Higgins or Robbo/Trump over the weekend what statement would that make?

Postby Andre147

SO I absolutely loved when the cameraman zoomed in on Selby's face in that clearance... it reminded me of the 2010 Final when they zoomed in on Ronnie's face after Selby doubled the red.

Cameraman :spot on:

Postby TheRocket

He outplayed Selby in the safety department but I mean. No matter what you're doing, that guy is always coming back, doesn't he? It's just his usual business.

I really felt the worst and if it had gone 5:4, who knows what would have happened.