Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie79 wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling if Robbo beats Fu he will be in the final ?. Cant see Trump or the others beating him in that section


He's certainly in with a shout. But you know, one match at a time.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:Really tough opener Marco in great form so should be a close one.


Robbo's form is greater. COC winner, UK Champion.

Fu won't be easy, but I fancy Robertson to win.


Robbo didn't play Gibraltar, first round loser at German Masters against amateur Ashely Huggill. :wave:

I agree he should win it, but I won't be surprised at all to see Fu as the winner.

Silly CL apart, they are tied at 4-4 in the head to head.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Robbo didn't play Gibraltar


So?

I'll give you that his loss to amateur proves form? But how can you say the fact that he missed a PTC proves that he has no form?

By that logic, Ronnie is the worst player on the tour, because he has barely played this season.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Robbo didn't play Gibraltar


So?

I'll give you that his loss to amateur proves form? But how can you say the fact that he missed a PTC proves that he has no form?

By that logic, Ronnie is the worst player on the tour, because he has barely played this season.


Yes skipping Gibraltar was probably due to him winning CoC and UK, but still should never have lost to an amateur like that, I watched that match and he was simply pathetic to say the least, lost count the amount of blacks off its spot he missed.

Of course this is a totally diferent prospect, but I do fancy Fu's chances here. Hope he can send Robbo packing. <ok>

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Someone said it in another thread earlier and I'll repeat it here. I think Robbo is set up to fail here at the Masters. It's incredibly difficult to keep the good form and intensity going after winning two big tournaments in a row. He might win this match but I can't see Robbo getting past Trump.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Someone said it in another thread earlier and I'll repeat it here. I think Robbo is set up to fail here at the Masters. It's incredibly difficult to keep the good form and intensity going after winning two big tournaments in a row. He might win this match but I can't see Robbo getting past Trump.


Yes if Fu can't get the job done, Trump will get him found out. <ok> For once I shall be rooting for Judd if they do meet.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Someone said it in another thread earlier and I'll repeat it here. I think Robbo is set up to fail here at the Masters. It's incredibly difficult to keep the good form and intensity going after winning two big tournaments in a row. He might win this match but I can't see Robbo getting past Trump.


Yes if Fu can't get the job done, Trump will get him found out. <ok> For once I shall be rooting for Judd if they do meet.


Me too. I don't like players being too dominant in the game (unless it's Ronnie of course).

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby Clara8633

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Fu is just about the easiest draw Robertson could have gotten here. I expect him to win comfortably, 6-1 or 6-2.


Ding, Bingham, Perry, Hawkins currently tougher draws than Fu?


Even amateurs are lucky to face Ding in a draw nowadays.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Fu is just about the easiest draw Robertson could have gotten here. I expect him to win comfortably, 6-1 or 6-2.


Ding, Bingham, Perry, Hawkins currently tougher draws than Fu?


Even amateurs are lucky to face Ding in a draw nowadays.


rofl

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby Andre147

Hopefully Fu can send the Aussie packing :wave:

If not, like I said yesterday, Robbo will get found out against Trump. As SO also mentioned, Robbo is due to have a failure in this event, almost impossible nowadays to dominate the Majors.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby Cheshire Cat

Every time they call Marco the 'Silent Assassin' I can't help but think of him slipping into the arena, blitzing a 6-0 win and then just disappearing without even showing up for the post-match interviews. Very ninja-like. <cool>

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby Dan-cat

Cheshire Cat wrote:Every time they call Marco the 'Silent Assassin' I can't help but think of him slipping into the arena, blitzing a 6-0 win and then just disappearing without even showing up for the post-match interviews. Very ninja-like. <cool>


Have you noticed that you never see ninjas anymore? They must be getting better

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby Ronnie79

I like jason mohammed but he was talking some rubbish today saying "when you have had a nightmare season like marco you dont want to draw robertson first round". He has won 2 events since november and had a good run in the uk. Check your facts man

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:I like jason mohammed but he was talking some rubbish today saying "when you have had a nightmare season like marco you dont want to draw robertson first round". He has won 2 events since november and had a good run in the uk. Check your facts man


Yes he can be a bit clueless at times.

And absolutely, the IC is way ahead of the CoC, nowadays it's like we have 4 Major tournaments like in tennis and golf, with the IC, UK, Masters and Worlds. The UK though has lost a lot of it's prestige.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Neil Robertson v Marco Fu

Postby Skullman

Don't think snooker really has the same four majors model as tennis and golf. Worlds is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of prestige and format (and money), and there's no real consensus on whether the IC (or any other event) counts.