Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby Andre147

Jester82 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Very well said Holden, it shall be a great match, no matter who wins.

I obviously want a Ronnie win, but as you say he has nothing left to prove, let's see how this one pans out..


Great match? Not necessarily...


Are you one of those that when their favourite player loses you say it wasn't a great match, despite it being so?

If you are, then I feel sory for you.

How many times has Ronnie lost a match and I've immediatly said it was a great one? 2010 Masters Final which your favourite player won was a great match indeed, same for 2006 Final actually.

We just need to enjoy it. <ok>

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Very well said Holden, it shall be a great match, no matter who wins.

I obviously want a Ronnie win, but as you say he has nothing left to prove, let's see how this one pans out..


Great match? Not necessarily...


Are you one of those that when their favourite player loses you say it wasn't a great match, despite it being so?

If you are, then I feel sory for you.

How many times has Ronnie lost a match and I've immediatly said it was a great one? 2010 Masters Final which your favourite player won was a great match indeed, same for 2006 Final actually.

We just need to enjoy it. <ok>


I think he was trying to wind you up since some people don't enjoy watching Selby when the frames go scrappy.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, do you think there will be fireworks at the Ally Pally when these two meet on Thursday?


Very hard to predict, I mean...

Their 2012 Welsh Open semi was one of the their worst matches, both couldn't get going and Ronnie just got dragged down.

I think the incredible atmosphere on Thursday afternoon will inspire both players to play well, but maybe at the beggining or business end we'll see them be a tad nervous and start missing a few, which is totally understandable.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Very well said Holden, it shall be a great match, no matter who wins.

I obviously want a Ronnie win, but as you say he has nothing left to prove, let's see how this one pans out..


Great match? Not necessarily...


Are you one of those that when their favourite player loses you say it wasn't a great match, despite it being so?

If you are, then I feel sory for you.

How many times has Ronnie lost a match and I've immediatly said it was a great one? 2010 Masters Final which your favourite player won was a great match indeed, same for 2006 Final actually.

We just need to enjoy it. <ok>


I think he was trying to wind you up since some people don't enjoy watching Selby when the frames go scrappy.


Probably you're right Clara.

I miss your posts here, but obviously you have more important things to do at the moment with your exams, studies and all.

I wish you all the best for those. <ok>

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:Probably you're right Clara.

I miss your posts here, but obviously you have more important things to do at the moment with your exams, studies and all.

I wish you all the best for those. <ok>


Thanks Andre :-) I'll still visit occasionally when there's an important event going on. I like reading the posts on here.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, do you think there will be fireworks at the Ally Pally when these two meet on Thursday?


Very hard to predict, I mean...

Their 2012 Welsh Open semi was one of the their worst matches, both couldn't get going and Ronnie just got dragged down.

I think the incredible atmosphere on Thursday afternoon will inspire both players to play well, but maybe at the beggining or business end we'll see them be a tad nervous and start missing a few, which is totally understandable.


Actually I wasn't expecting such a serious reply after my cheap wordplay with the fireworks <laugh>

But back to the match. The atmosphere will be superb, London has the most passionate Ronnie supporters and against Selby it will get crazy. I would love nothing more than a close hard fought match with Ronnie winning.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:After his match against MJW Ronnie did mention he's had some back problems and how these problems affected his cue action.. Hope this won't bother him too much in the future.


Don't know if it was you, but someone here mentioned they could see Ronnie moving a lot on certain shots, and today Ronnie just proved that with his post-match reaction.

Like you say, hope the problem isn't too serious. Selby is dangerous enough already even if you are 100% fit.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Holden Chinaski wrote:After his match against MJW Ronnie did mention he's had some back problems and how these problems affected his cue action.. Hope this won't bother him too much in the future.


Ronnie won the Masters already with a brand new cue, now it's time for him to win it with a broken back :-D

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby SnookerFan

Let's not start this again.

When Ronnie bruised his foot, everyone was going; "HE WON A TOURNAMENT WITH A BROKEN FOOT!" :zzz:

By the way, I've had mild neck problems my entire life. But I'm attending a snooker match tomorrow.

In keeping with the way you lot talk; "Paralytic makes snooker tournament. Hazel Irvine wants to have sex with him."

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby Lou147

SnookerFan wrote:Let's not start this again.

When Ronnie bruised his foot, everyone was going; "HE WON A TOURNAMENT WITH A BROKEN FOOT!" :zzz:

By the way, I've had mild neck problems my entire life. But I'm attending a snooker match tomorrow.

In keeping with the way you lot talk; "Paralytic makes snooker tournament. Hazel Irvine wants to have sex with him."

Wouldn't be surprised..

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby Andre147

Jester82 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Walden is pathetic today.


Does not matter, 'cause Ronnie will get massively screwed... :innocent:

Grow up.


Didn't you Gentleman write that Walden was pathetic? Well, we'll see who has the last laugh...


Image