Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman, a serious question. Ronnie fans are usually anxious when he has to play Selby because he doesn't have the best record against him (pretty much 50-50 which is poor for Ronnie's standards). But aren't you as a Selby not also a bit anxious when Selby has to play Ronnie as he also inflicted some painful defeats to your favorite player? Would like to hear your perspective on this.

Postby Holden Chinaski

When the camera is behind Selby when he's down on a shot, it's amazing how much his head and body sways from left to right. I've been watching him play for years and i still can't get used to the way he shakes his head when down on the shot. He looks like he has Parkinsons. Amazing how he can pot like that.

Anyway. Selby playing great today!

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:When the camera is behind Selby when he's down on a shot, it's amazing how much his head and body sways from left to right. I've been watching him play for years and i still can't get used to the way he shakes his head when down on the shot. He looks like he has Parkinsons. Amazing how he can pot like that.

Anyway. Selby playing great today!

Yeah Selby definately not a great example for younger players on how to stay still on the shot.

4-0 it is, Ricky getting battered here, but I hope he doesn't get whitewashed.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:No way Selby will play like this against Ronnie.

He always tried a more cagey approach against him as he knows that could likely frustrate Ronnie. I've seen Selby hit big breaks against him, namely Masters 2010 Final, but often he knows exactly how to explore Ronnie's weakness, and fair play to him.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Skullman, a serious question. Ronnie fans are usually anxious when he has to play Selby because he doesn't have the best record against him (pretty much 50-50 which is poor for Ronnie's standards). But aren't you as a Selby not also a bit anxious when Selby has to play Ronnie as he also inflicted some painful defeats to your favorite player? Would like to hear your perspective on this.

Not the same for me personally. Many players have inflicted painful defeats to Selby, and I'm no more anxious than I would be for a match against Robbo, Trump, Murphy et al.

You may not believe me, but I'm actually looking more forward to Selby v Higgins than Selby v ROS (partly because I might miss Thursday's match :grrr: )

Postby Skullman

Pink Ball wrote:At what point will Selby forget that people have homes to go to, beginning a process that will conclude with eventually stuttering over the line at around 11.47pm?

Looks like now.