Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I haven't seen Selby play as well as this since this encounter against Higgins in the 2009 world championship.

Which he lost...

Lost but made 5 tons, 3 of them consecutively.

I can garantee you SKull, I watched the whole match Live and let me tell you it's one of the best Crucible matches I've seen.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:Yes is Selby trying to send a message to Ronnie? Like :I'll hammer you next time we meet?

So far he's looking like he's on drugs as SO said <cool>

He's potting long pots and making breaks. Just playing good snooker, like he should do more often as a world number one. That's it. Nothing that special.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Yes is Selby trying to send a message to Ronnie? Like :I'll hammer you next time we meet?

He's potting long pots and making breaks. Just playing good snooker, like he should do more often as a world number one. That's it. Nothing that special.

Yes you're probably right, but you can't deny how good the clearance in the first frame was. :hatoff:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Yes you're probably right, but you can't deny how good the clearance in the first frame was. :hatoff:

Yes great clearance.

Postby Holden Chinaski

The only thing that's missing a bit from Selby's game is his positional play. He's creating problems for himself by running out of position too much. Other than that he's playing great. Walden will have to play his very best if he wants to win this. Selby might whitewash him.

Postby Andre147

barrydoherty54 wrote:In this form im looking forward to Selby giving Ronnie a beating.

The only beating Selby gave him was Welsh Open semi. 6-2.

Ronnie has given him quite a few over the years <ok>

Postby Andre147

Selby playing like this might inspire Ronnie to also play well himself.

I'm not worried at all to be honest, just hoping for a cracking Selby v Ronnie match at Masters yet again. <ok>
Last edited by Andre147 on 12 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.