Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Postby SnookerFan

Meeting a mate in the pub at half-six.

I might chance my arm, and see if I can get one of the TVs on Eurosport. Probably won't work. Man U are playing, but y'know. Worth a try. Might be able to keep my eye on Walden vs Selby.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Do you want me to text you score updates or will you be watching the highlights when you get home?

Thanks, but don't worry. They're working tomorrow, so they'll be out early. I'm hoping to make it back about 8 or half-past.

I just don't like missing a frame unnecessarily. :grrr:

Postby Skullman

A top 16 player can lose to any top 16 player. Walden is a great player when he is on it, although he hasn't put in any performances this season.

But I usually have faith in Selby, and even from behind he always has a chance.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ridiculous clearance. OK the green shouldn't have dropped but some of the shots he pulled off...

This has been the clearance of the tournament by far... and I doubt it will be topped being honest :bowdown:

Can't believe he went for that yellow, thought he would play safe there, but simce he got to that point, why not go for it anyway...

Just ridiculous that, Selby deserves every credit.

Postby Skullman

Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby's long potting has been superb so far. Runs out of position sometimes but that's no problem if you're potting like that.

Of course, you can't keep potting them like that forever. Even if every shot in a break is a 8/10 you're not going to make much.