Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Willi

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:So have returned to see Ronnie just beat MJW in a decider. From what glimpses I saw livescores, didn't look like a fluent match with lots won in one visit.

Anything people would like to add?

I started watching at 3-2 and it was a fascinating match from that point on. Ronnie knocked in 2 centuries to comeback from 2-4 to lead 5-4. There were mistakes but also some great shots. Williams pushed the boat out at the end and it cost him dearly. Overall great drama and the match of the tournament so far.

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Willi

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:So have returned to see Ronnie just beat MJW in a decider. From what glimpses I saw livescores, didn't look like a fluent match with lots won in one visit.

Anything people would like to add?

Well, actually, until the fifth or six frame or so it was more like worst match of the tournament so far. Many misses, Ronnies highest break was 47 I think at that stage while Williams had a 64 if I remember correctly. It definitely wasn't a good match quality-wise. Neither in safety nor in breakbuilding

But after that things really changed. Ronnie started to make the big breaks including two centuries and a 60 to go 5:4 ahead. And we really had a fascinating 10th and 11th frame.
Last edited by TheRocket on 12 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.