Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Judd Trump v Stephen Maguire

Postby Andre147

Trump did talk some utter bullocks in that post-match interview, at one point saying his loss of 6-0 to Michael Wild at IC qualifiers was due to the amateur playing some of the best stuff anyone's ever played against him rofl <doh> rofl

Wild didn't have to play well to beat Judd by that scoreline, it was clear Trump was hugely affected by the Shanghai Final loss the week earlier and didn't bother putting up a professional performace v Wild.

It's clear he's suffering a crisis in confidence atm, his Wenbo loss from 4-1 up appears to also still be on his mind. If he faces Robbo, will be interesting to see how he can cope with him.

Postby Prop

Yep, pretty much agree Andre.

He's becoming a major choker. It's almost like he's too much in his own world when he goes a few frames ahead, then when his opponent gets one or two back it wakes him up and he suddenly starts looking over his shoulder. His face changes. You can see the fear/disappointment/shock that it's happening.

I'm not taking anything away from his performance in itself, he won after all.

But if he's going to be the next XXXXXX (insert legendary player of choice) he needs to sort it.

Postby hendry_fan

Aye,just as i thought,Trump ended up winning.

I watched up to the point where he went 4-1 in front.

Nice try from Mags to get back into the match.

Judd indeed aint the best front runner,often when he,s a few frames ahead,it,s as if he then goes into a phase in which he loses focus for not just a frame,but a couple of frames,i know it,s easier said than done,but you can,t just keep focused for a few frames and then think,i,ve got a good,decent lead,i can take my foot off the pedal,he,s a proffessional,so he really should know that way long by now,if he wants to start dominating,or even get anywhere near doin that,winning more,he really has got to get that BIG weakness sorted out,if not,it,s just gonna set him back,add to battle scars and cost him a lot of silverware. :roll: