Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Judd Trump v Stephen Maguire

Postby Prop

Just copied my post from the pre-tournament thread, which is now dead:

Regarding Trump... has anyone noticed over the last season or so just how 'off' he cues up in relation to when he strikes the white? It looks about 5 degrees out sometimes.

Obviously he's an incredible player when he's 'on it', the amount of juice he gets on the white is mad.

But.. I just wonder whether this is affecting his game somewhat on the litte delicate, nervy shots. Dead weight off a cush, that sort of thing.

I haven't yet heard it mentioned in comms (certainly not from the likes of DT..) but just have a look and see for yourself when the camera's looking down his shot.

Postby Andre147

Hope Mags wins this one, never liked Judd, never will I think. Mags has got a good record against him.

But I think Judd will win it, showed some very good form at CL, that is way way diferent than this, but Trump may want to start getting some silverware this season.

Postby hendry_fan

I watch a heck of a lot o snooker,but i can,t recall watchin a match between these two. :roll:

As much as i,d like Stephen to win,i can,t see it happening.I was wrong with my prediction in yesterdays match between Smurph n Allen,i won,t be disappointed if i,m wrong again with my prediction in this match.

:D COME ON STEPHEN!. :D

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:I like both these guys really. Today I'm going to be routing for Judd because I'd rather see him in the latter stages of this and also because I'm naughty. Very naughty.

"VerynaughtyDan-cat". :censored:

On or off the table?. :chin:

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:Right, have a surprise free few hours so will try and catch as much of this match as I can.

I'm routing for Mags today.

:bowdown: <ok> :happy: Skullman,i admire your good taste!. :happy: <ok> :bowdown:

Postby Andre147

From what I've listened from Ebdon yesterday, he's pretty good in the commentary box :hatoff:

Don't know if he's again this afternoon, but I'm watching on ES.

Hope Mags wins, but as always will need a fast start against Judd, or Trump could easily just run away with it.

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:I've always liked Mags. I have no idea why as he's pretty unlike all the other players I like, but I do :shrug:

Maybe it,s not only his style of play that you like,mabye it,s his charachter,temperament you like too,#can,t beat a bit of table,knuckle,cue banging#. ;-) <laugh>