Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Stuart Bingham v Ding Junhui

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Can anyone think of a match that was the turning point for Ding? was it the 2014 welsh open final?

Definately not that match.

The turning point was losing to Michael Wasley at Worlds.

Since then he's been just truly awful.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Can anyone think of a match that was the turning point for Ding? was it the 2014 welsh open final?

I still believe that he could have won the Worlds that year, had he won that match. He was playing so well that season. And he wasn't playing badly against Wasley. Wasley just played out of his skin, playing like Trump at his best. And the fact that he played like a little amateur in his next match against Dale hurt Ding probably even more afterwards.

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:

I agree, after the Welsh he went on to win the China Open. In addition to that he had a comfortable lead twice against Wasley when he was 6-3 and 8-6 in front.

Whether it was a case of taking the match for granted against a Crucible debutant who was bound to be a little nervous or so but as you've said Ding hasn't hit the heights at all. - Outside a couple of APTC wins he has just two ranking semi-finals and one invitational semi-final since the 2014 World Championship -

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I still believe that he could have won the Worlds that year, had he won that match. He was playing so well that season. And he wasn't playing badly against Wasley. Wasley just played out of his skin, playing like Trump at his best. And the fact that he played like a little amateur in his next match against Dale hurt Ding probably even more afterwards.

Wasley played brilliantly, but the whole idea that Ding played well in that match is a fantasy. He was very nervy from ball one.

Postby Andre147

Yes pink Ball I agree, Ding didn't particularly play well against Wasley, but Michael nevertheless was in very good form that match.

Then went from Can't miss a ball to virtually miss everything against Dale.