Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Shaun Murphy v Mark Allen

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:If Murphy loses he'll be the eleventh champion to go out in their opening match of a title defence.

The others are: Mountjoy, Mans, Thorburn, Taylor, J Higgins, Stevens. Hunter, O'Sullivan, Selby and Ding.

Higgins a the only one to do it twice.

Thanks for the info PL. <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

What a match!,very enjoyable.

Verrrry well done Mark!. :clap:

Murphy did,nt lose the match just due to the disaster in the 6th frame,but lets put it this way,it certainly did,nt help.His long pottin and a good few unforced errors helped him in losin,especially the many errors he made in that final frame.

Postby Cloud Strife

Smart wrote:Don't like that hugging at the end, don't see that at ranking events. No place for that.

I don't like that either. The way Murphy was hugging and smiling at the end, you could be forgiven for thinking he was the winner of the match, not Allen.

Postby Andre147

hendry_fan wrote:What a match!,very enjoyable.

Verrrry well done Mark!. :clap:

Murphy did,nt lose the match just due to the disaster in the 6th frame,but lets put it this way,it certainly did,nt help.His long pottin and a good few unforced errors helped him in losin,especially the many errors he made in that final frame.

Yes agree with that.

Murphy should definately have done better after MSI and he didnt. Did well from 5-2 down to 5-4, but left it too late.

Well done Allen, played well all match, bit twitchy at the end, but that's to be expected.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Smart wrote:Don't like that hugging at the end, don't see that at ranking events. No place for that.

I don't like that either. The way Murphy was hugging and smiling at the end, you could be forgiven for thinking he was the winner of the match, not Allen.

You definately wont see Ronnie, Higgins, even Hendry in his heyday doing that.

Postby Smart

Cloud Strife wrote:

I hope this match was clean betting wise.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I think I remember Ronnie hugging and smiling with Paul Hunter.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I think I remember Ronnie hugging and smiling with Paul Hunter.

Probably the only one because he was very good mates with him.

Postby Holden Chinaski

pasunegirafe wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Most of us were wrong then...

Allen wins the match.

Robbing us of valuable points :sad:

Not me :-)

Yeah, by accident. You meant to put Murphy as the winner <laugh>

I'm not sure what I was thinking yesterday, lol. I knew it was going to be a close match.