O'Sullivan v Williams
Higgins v Liang
Bingham v Ding

Re: Masters Draw

Postby GJ

Any oop yet ?

Postby Andre147

I'll give my full thoughts on this when I have some spare time, but right now just wanna say I'm very happy with who Ronnie has drawn.

Matches of the round for me are Ronnie v MJW, Murphy v Allen and Trump v Maguire.

Hawkins v Perry the less interesting.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I don't mind Ronnie potentially meeting Selby so early.

Not the same feeling like a final of course but yeah, Ronnie-Selby matches are always special.

Postby Andre147

Could be a blessing in disguise SO, if it were say only in the Final Selby would certainly be eager to get revenge for 2014 loss. Just happy Ronnie doesn't have to face Robbo until Final, lol.

Postby Skullman

Selby got revenge for that already in Sheffield :wave:

Postby Andre147

Yes we are getting ahead of ourselves <laugh>

It's the excitment of his return maybe...

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Selby got revenge for that already in Sheffield :wave:

I'm talking Masters Finals :wave:

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

Could be a blessing in disguise SO, if it were say only in the Final Selby would certainly be eager to get revenge for 2014 loss. Just happy Ronnie doesn't have to face Robbo until Final, lol.

It's actually ROS who should be eager to get revenge for the World final loss but I don't really think, that's in ROS mind anyway. He just played Selby so many times , had many great wins but also very tough defeats against him.

Postby Wildey

a question

how do you know the draw?

it changes every year its not like the WC

Postby Skullman

BBC put it up after the end of the final.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:BBC put it up after the end of the final.

OHHHH

im in denmark not got access to the BBC

Postby PLtheRef

Wildey wrote:a question

how do you know the draw?

it changes every year its not like the WC

But the seeds remain the same, as in Seed 1 plays match 1, Seed 8 plays match 2 etc to ensure 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7, 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5 in the event of all eight seeds winning through to the quarter-finals

Postby Andre147

why behind closed doors this time though? :chin:

If they made it, why not bloody make it Live? I'm not even asking to make it at the actual playing arena, but they could surely have done it in the studio.

Something fishy going on here...

Postby Skullman

No more fishy than any other draw except the Worlds (live) and UK (fixed seedings).

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It's actually ROS who should be eager to get revenge for the World final loss but I don't really think, that's in ROS mind anyway. He just played Selby so many times , had many great wins but also very tough defeats against him.

Speaking of that World Final. Now, one and a half years later, it's still not easy for me to comprehend what exactly happened and where it all went wrong. That final has to be the most frustrating and tiring match I have ever watched.

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:

If they made it, why not bloody make it Live? I'm not even asking to make it at the actual playing arena, but they could surely have done it in the studio.

https://twitter.com/WorldSnooker1/statu ... 6094836737

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

No Consistency at all.

having said that World Snooker Cant Make a proper draw live to save their lives best its behind close doors less embarrassing for them

Postby PLtheRef

First Round Order of Play

Sunday January 10th

Murphy v Allen 1pm
Bingham v Ding 7pm

Monday January 11th

Trump v Maguire 1pm
Hawkins v Perry 7pm

Tuesday January 12th

O'Sullivan v Williams 1pm
Selby v Walden 7pm

Wednesday January 13th

Higgins v Liang 1pm
Robertson v Fu 7pm

https://twitter.com/MaximumSnooker/stat ... 0841816064

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Speaking of that World Final. Now, one and a half years later, it's still not easy for me to comprehend what exactly happened and where it all went wrong. That final has to be the most frustrating and tiring match I have ever watched.

It's up there with the 2010 Masters Final, or 2009 UK semi after all the hard work Ronnie had done.

He lost it after that black off it's spot at 10-5 up, from there Selby grew on confidence and never looked back.

The pink wouldn't have made much difference, I still think Selby would have won had Ronnie potted it.

Postby GJ

Now the chance for robbo to be a double master

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Now the chance for robbo to be a double master

If he carries on like he has yeah he has every chance.

But Snooker has too many variables nowadays, I've seen players win tournaments as well as him and then never win again for the rest of the season.

Not saying it will happen with Robbo, but we can just never tell...

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Speaking of that World Final. Now, one and a half years later, it's still not easy for me to comprehend what exactly happened and where it all went wrong. That final has to be the most frustrating and tiring match I have ever watched.

Yep. That match was definitely painful for the ROS fans, no question about that. I think that Selby did a good job in the third and fourth session. He played some very good safeties and just totally broke Ronnies ryhtm by turning every frame into a tactical battle and it paid off for him.
The strategy worked.

Ronnie choked somewhat in the first two sessions you have to say. Being just 10:7 ahead instead of 11:6 or even 12:5. But he just missed those key balls like the simple black off the spot and just couldn't pull away. Selbys highest break was like 35 until frame 15 if I remember correctly.

And I know. Many people still speaking about that legendary pink he missed but as Andre said. I think, at that stage the damage was already done. I think that Selby would have still won the match. Ronnies rythm was just gone.

Postby Andre147

I would be eager to say Ronnie's 6th, but I should be more realistic and just happy he's there playing.

I'll start thinking about a 6th title should Ronnie reach the Semis...