Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Final

Postby Cloud Strife

Skullman wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote: This event is only behind the majors

Huge boost for robbo

Let the haters hate

No it's not, don't be silly.

What is above it then, excluding the majors?

International, unless you already consider it a major. Shanghai and China Open as well.

Postby GJ

PoolBoy wrote:Got to concede, the bookies got it spot on again!
I remember we were all puzzled at Robbo being installed as pre-tournament favourite despite displaying little form to justify the tag - and an on-form Higgins was rated as only 5th favourite. Well, as he didn't reach the last-4, that was correct, also!

We were all puzzled .....

:chin:
Last edited by GJ on 15 Nov 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:MOST SUCCESFUL GUY OF SUCCESFUL GUYS 2015: EMILY SANDE. WELL DONE, EMILY.

Wrong Thread this is Champion of Champions Thread

Postby Gridlock

Pretty much just followed final on live scoring. Yay Neil. Allen probably had low blood sugar or something.

Postby Andre147

Gridlock wrote:Pretty much just followed final on live scoring. Yay Neil. Allen probably had low blood sugar or something.

Allen said post-match he was very nervous from ball one, don't ask me why but he said never felt confortable out there today, and fact remains (one Masters meeting aside) he has never beaten Robbo in a high profile match.

Postby SnookerFan

Hotel was too posh. Booked for closeness.

Considering the hotel was full of snooker players and fans, there was a lack of craic in the bar. Though it was inside the main venue, so I didn't have to go outside the whole time.

Breakfast was nice, snooker was good. I got upgraded to front row in the first session on telly. My mum saqw me on TV.

Came back hangover free,because going to bed was more fun than the bar. That's unheard of.

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:Hotel was too posh. Booked for closeness.

Considering the hotel was full of snooker players and fans, there was a lack of craic in the bar. Though it was inside the main venue, so I didn't have to go outside the whole time.

Breakfast was nice, snooker was good. I got upgraded to front row in the first session on telly. My mum saqw me on TV.

Came back hangover free,because going to bed was more fun than the bar. That's unheard of.

You were seen on telly? Maybe I should take a look at the match.

Postby SnookerFan

The night before the final, I got in the lift with Clive Everton. I didn't realise the lift opened from the different side on the first floor.

Everton was moaning to some ITV bod that he was tired, and was looking forward to get the final over.

I opened my mouth to say; "Don't worry, Clive. You're 5 days down, with one to play." But at the same time door I thought was a wall I was leaning on opened, and I nearly fell bottom over tit.

Clive tittered. Which to be fair, was a better reaction than my joke would have got.

Postby SnookerFan

Clara8633 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Hotel was too posh. Booked for closeness.

You were seen on telly? Maybe I should take a look at the match.

I wouldn't bother. Not worth seeing.

Postby SnookerFan

Clara8633 wrote:Just curious.

I was by the baulk end. I had a black T-Shirt on with I Love Snooker on. The second frame I moved to the back, because I'd had a few pints, and nipped out between frames for a slash.

Postby cazmac

Is it just me or has this been the poorest professional tournament for some time. The final was very poor and the last frame Allen just seemed to be going through the motions as if he just wanted to get out of there Don't get me wrong I not suggesting anything under hand, only that he never had the fight in him. In his defense he look tried from the start. I suppose just having won BO he was probably dead on his feet. To be fair I didn't watch all the matches but one's I did catch were poor and boring. I did catch the JH vs JP match which I did like.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:The night before the final, I got in the lift with Clive Everton. I didn't realise the lift opened from the different side on the first floor.

Everton was moaning to some ITV bod that he was tired, and was looking forward to get the final over.

I opened my mouth to say; "Don't worry, Clive. You're 5 days down, with one to play." But at the same time door I thought was a wall I was leaning on opened, and I nearly fell bottom over tit.

Clive tittered. Which to be fair, was a better reaction than my joke would have got.

I would have fan-boy hosed him!

Postby SnookerFan

I got his autograph ages ago. Thing is I packed my autograph book and pen, but then had to take my pen out of my bag and forgot to put it back in.

I could've got Kyren Wilson, Mark Johnston-Allen, that blonde referee and Jill Douglas' autograph. But without the pen, I just left the book in my bag.

I can't remember off the top of my head whether I have Alan or Neal Fould's autograph. I'd have to check through my previous book, and I can't be fussed at the moment.

Postby sas6789

cazmac wrote:Is it just me or has this been the poorest professional tournament for some time. The final was very poor and the last frame Allen just seemed to be going through the motions as if he just wanted to get out of there Don't get me wrong I not suggesting anything under hand, only that he never had the fight in him. In his defense he look tried from the start. I suppose just having won BO he was probably dead on his feet. To be fair I didn't watch all the matches but one's I did catch were poor and boring. I did catch the JH vs JP match which I did like.

Yeah the standard was pretty mediocre for the most part.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:Just curious.

I was by the baulk end. I had a black T-Shirt on with I Love Snooker on. The second frame I moved to the back, because I'd had a few pints, and nipped out between frames for a slash.

Our beloved SnookerFan can be seen right at the start of this video,he can be seen for 15 whole seconds from 0.45- 1.00. :-D

https://youtu.be/s16zjobWIuo

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Can't view that at work.

Is it really me, or are you making a joke about me that I can't see until I get home? rofl

No, it's you. You're sitting down at the baulk end in your I Love Snooker shirt waving to the camera.

Postby Clara8633

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Is it really me, or are you making a joke about me that I can't see until I get home? rofl

No, it's you. You're sitting down at the baulk end in your I Love Snooker shirt waving to the camera.

Yes I saw him too <laugh> That has got to be him, right?

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Actually, now you mention it, I think I did do that. I saw myself on the big screen, and tried to get on telly.