Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Final

Postby Andre147

Don't want to sound like MDG, but I can see this being a one sided Final if Allen doesn't cut on those mistakes, and especially can't leave Robbo long reds to go at, at least get the cue ball tight in baulk cushion.

Postby Vallomas

Andre147 wrote:Don't want to sound like MDG, but I can see this being a one sided Final if Allen doesn't cut on those mistakes, and especially can't leave Robbo long reds to go at, at least get the cue ball tight in baulk cushion.

I was also thinking about it.

Allen has made silly mistakes in the last two frames and Robbo punished him. And we all know how dangerous Neil can be when he finds his hand.

I hope that Allen will be more careful after the MSI.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Allen's safety really letting him down today.

It is yeah.

4-1 down now, things starting to get one sided...

Postby Skullman

Robbo missed a pot he'd normally get but Allen doesn't take advantage. When your opponent isn't playing well you can't miss easy balls.

Postby Andre147

Have to leave for a bit, hopefully when I get back the session is at 5-4, but most likely it will be 6-3 or even 7-2 in Robbo's favour.

Postby Skullman

Robbo takes it like he has the majority of these safety battles.

5-2 Robbo. Not as clinical as he was earlier but still taking the frames.

Postby Vallomas

Allen is not playing like in the earlier stages, but he could do something if he had won the last frame.

With 5-2 for Robbo, I find it difficult to turn the things around.

Postby Skullman

Missed the last half hour because of some work but looks like Allen took the eight and Robbo is in amongst in the last of the session.

Postby Skullman

And barring snookers, it's 6-3 at the end of session. Not insurmountable but Allen will need to play better this evening.

Postby Andre147

So Robbo leads 6-3 as I expected.

Allen will have to play like in the 2nd session of the UK Final 2011 to stand a decent chance, and hope Robbo's level drops down a bit.

Winning the first mini-session 3-1 is vital for him, 2-2 would be no good.

Postby Wildey

missed most of the session catched the final frame Neil looked impressive the way he took his chances.

Robbo was always going to come good at some point just too good not to.

Postby GJ

wildey talking sense again :hatoff:

Robbo has done this throughout his career winning a big title when people are doubting him

Come on Neil

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:wildey talking sense again :hatoff:

Robbo has done this throughout his career winning a big title when people are doubting him

Come on Neil

Ronnie too has that habit of proving people wrong when most write him off. <ok>

Robbo was always going to win a big title sooner or later, same will happen with Ding I hope, both are far too good not to.
Last edited by Andre147 on 15 Nov 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:wildey talking sense again :hatoff:

Come on Neil

Ronnie too has that habit of proving people wrong when most write him off. <ok>

Robbo was always going to win a big title sooner or later, same will happen with Ding I hope, both are far too good not to.

:hatoff:

Postby Andre147

If Allen doesn't win this session 3-1 or a bonus 4-0 he's pretty much lost this Final. 2-2 would be no good being 8-5 down.