Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Semi Finals

Postby Vallomas

masterdoctorgenius wrote:perry should have won the match by now

Well, Robbo hasn't played good, but Perry is far from his best too.

So, 4-4 (or 5-4 for Robbo in a few minutes) is a fair score so far.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:5-4 Robbo. Both making mistakes so either could still win really.

Similar postion like Joe was against Higgins.

Will have to play similar to beat Neil, but I doubt it.

Postby LC

You just knew at the start perry wouldn't win, I think he needs to distance himself from Robertson and practice with other people, he's to close and it's the Aussie who wins all there matches

Postby Vallomas

I had a hope that Joe would have won the previous frame.

He's not as calm as he was on Wednesday when Higgins left him 5-4 behind and I also doubt that he can turn the things around.

Robbo scored first on frame 10, by the way.

Postby Andre147

Just remembered how Ronnie beat Neil at this same stage 2 years ago... went to a decider, Ronnie knocked in a century, just a wonderful break that was, played absolutey brilliantly. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

LC wrote:You just knew at the start perry wouldn't win, I think he needs to distance himself from Robertson and practice with other people, he's to close and it's the Aussie who wins all there matches

No he doesn't, their head to head is pretty even, 10-8 in Robbo's favour. If you take out CL, Robbo leads 8-4, but he certainly doesn't win all their matches, far from it.

Postby Skullman

Also, you'd think lack of quality practice partners wouldn't benefit him in the long run. Seems a bit extreme just to get a possible edge on one of many top players.

Postby Skullman

LC wrote:Let's say all the big matches, can't recall him winning a big one, didn't he choke a final not long ago against Robertson?

Last year. Hardly a choke, Robbo just played better than him. You'd think that would be the reason he's lost most of their other matches as well.

Postby Andre147

Well done Robertson, finally starting to play well after a horrible season start.

Hasn't won a big title since that Wuxi win, so he certainly badly wants to win tomorrow.

Postby Vallomas

I don't think that Robertson brought his A game in any stage of the game (except for the 144 break). But he is in the final and of course he is the favourite to win the tournament now.

Postby LC

I just think that Robertson always has the edge when they play, and wins most of the time, maybe he's just better, joe should look at ways of changing it

Postby Vallomas

He hasn't had because Perry wasn't good (at least he didn't play as well as he did against Higgins).

Allen has the bottle to be a more difficult opponent, but the final (if he beats Kyren) will be a different match.

Postby Andre147

Robertson saying he won't watch the 2nd Semi-Final, he will instead.........

Watch the new James Bond film, Spectre :-D

Great choice Neil, I've watched it and it's great!

Postby PLtheRef

Credit due to Perry for going back to 4-4 having lost the sixth frame when he really should have won it. - Could see Robertson winning 6-2 at that point.

Robertson did impress in parts and killed the match off when he had to, but other than that there is still a sense of being underwhelmed by his performances so far - he's not had to be at his best in his group and met a Perry who wasn't as good as he was on Wednesday

That may sound a harsh assessment, but I do think that either Allen or Wilson has a good chance of beating Robertson over the best of 19 frames

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
LC wrote:Let's say all the big matches, can't recall him winning a big one, didn't he choke a final not long ago against Robertson?

Last year. Hardly a choke, Robbo just played better than him. You'd think that would be the reason he's lost most of their other matches as well.

definition of a choke is lost on some people.

Postby Vallomas

PLtheRef wrote:That may sound a harsh assessment, but I do think that either Allen or Wilson has a good chance of beating Robertson over the best of 19 frames

The fact that the final is a best of 19 makes it more difficult for Allen or Wilson, IMO.

You need to be very consistent if you want to beat a top player like Robertson, even if he won't play his best. If Allen plays well, like he did in Bulgaria and some parts of the CoC matches, of course he can beat Robbo. I doubt that Kyren can do it, though.

Postby Vallomas

I remember, but Judd isn't as consistent as Robbo is.

We will see, though. Maybe Kyren will prove himself good enough to do it, snooker is unpredictable sometimes.