Post a reply

Re: 188BET Champion of Champions Semi Finals

Postby Cloud Strife

Skullman wrote:Have to say I do prefer tighter pockets rather than the overly generous ones BBC events use.

Are these not the same table manufacturers used everythwhere?

I do prefer the tighter ones too.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:I don't think it's bullocks, how could Robbo be considered favourite when he only won those matches Wild mentioned and especially against those type of opponents, exception being Dott.

Even Ronnie at times has been considered the bookies favourite when he was clearly out of form.

But now Robbo IS the favourite to win the whole event, I've no doubts about that.

even after his play in his Group he wasent playing to a high standard but today its been much better and for the first time i now think he is favorite to win doesent mean he will though

Postby Skullman

Cloud Strife wrote:
Skullman wrote:Have to say I do prefer tighter pockets rather than the overly generous ones BBC events use.

You say that but I've noticed pots go in after hitting a cushion half a foot away in BBC events while there've been pots here that have stayed out after touching a jaw.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I don't think it's bullocks, how could Robbo be considered favourite when he only won those matches Wild mentioned and especially against those type of opponents, exception being Dott.

Even Ronnie at times has been considered the bookies favourite when he was clearly out of form.

But now Robbo IS the favourite to win the whole event, I've no doubts about that.

Well, the bookies have proven to be correct haven't they? They made him favourite and more than likely he will go on and win it. :shrug:

For me once Ronnie withdrew Robbo was the clear favourite for this. I don't really put too much stock in PTCs and anyone can have a bad run in foreign rankers.

no such thing as foreign rankers its a tour and each event is played on that tour on merit all this British events are best is a load of rubbish and players need to snap out of that amateurish mind set if it exists.

Postby Cloud Strife

Skullman wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

You say that but I've noticed pots go in after hitting a cushion half a foot away in BBC events while there've been pots here that have stayed out after touching a jaw.

Quite right too if they have been adjusted. At a tournament like this where it's the "best" players competing, I want to see tough pockets.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

cough cough Murphy's pink 2009 Worlds Semi pmsl

And yeah BBC has always had more generous pockets, whether some people admit it or not. China's are the tighter ones no doubt, but here at the CoC they too have been tight, not much going in if a ball hits a jaw.

Postby Skullman

Wildey wrote:no such thing as foreign rankers its a tour and each event is played on that tour on merit all this British events are best is a load of rubbish and players need to snap out of that amateurish mind set if it exists.

Anyway, from Robbo's perspective aren't all rankers except the Aussie Open foreign?

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wildey wrote:no such thing as foreign rankers its a tour and each event is played on that tour on merit all this British events are best is a load of rubbish and players need to snap out of that amateurish mind set if it exists.

Anyway, from Robbo's perspective aren't all rankers except the Aussie Open foreign?

yup its very strange some fans perspective on what foreign is.

Postby Wildey

clive hit the nail on it head the jaws differs from table to table

and also a few tricks that table fitters know to make tables easier.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Ridiculous shot down the rail from Robbo and he has a chance to steal another frame from Perry

his long potting today has been better than its been for a very long time

Postby Skullman

Vallomas wrote:Despite Robbo's poor positional game, I can't see how he may lose this match...

Perry is starting to play better now though. Drawn level at 4-4.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:yesterdays event makes it tough to enjoy todays matches

It does yeah, but at least by watching some Snooker we can even if for brief moments ease our pain for those wh lost their lives by watching something we love.

Postby Andre147

Vallomas wrote:Indeed, Perry was good in the last one.

Let's see if Robbo has a response.

Like all great champs, they raise their game when the question is asked, I expect him to raise his now.