Post a reply

Re: So, I'm going to the Champion of Champions....

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:"nothing to worry about".......I'd tend to disagree with that comment. You want your ticket in your hand as you leave for Coventry - otherwise you have to go to the ticket office at the venue and tell them the whole saga etc....when you would rather be soaking up the atmosphere - maybe a sneaky pint or a Pukka pie. :wave:

Because I only decided to do this a few weeks ago, I'd already made plans for the Friday night. So I'm travelling up Saturday, and arriving more than two hours before the event. The hotel is part of the complex, so I already have to go there and ask to leave my luggage there pre-match, then nip back in between matches and book into my hotel.

At least I arrive with a few hours to spare, to tit around with this.

Postby SnookerFan

Actually, if this is a problem with all See Tickets tickets and not just mine, there could be chaos at the ticket office on arriving, couldn't there? Everybody trying to get tickets. rofl

I reckon ITV4 should send out Neal Foulds to interview us. They could use it as a feature during Mid-Session interval. You'd get some balding fat hammer in an I Love Snooker T-Shirt going; "I've come all the way from bucking Croydon for this...."

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Actually, if this is a problem with all See Tickets tickets and not just mine, there could be chaos at the ticket office on arriving, couldn't there? Everybody trying to get tickets. rofl

I reckon ITV4 should send out Neal Foulds to interview us. They could use it as a feature during Mid-Session interval. You'd get some balding fat hammer in an I Love Snooker T-Shirt going; "I've come all the way from bucking Croydon for this...."

How will we recognise its you tho ???? Arent all snooker fans fat, bald and wearing funny t-shirts ???? Can you wear that funny shirt as we saw you in at the crucible (when you was asleep on the front row??) <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:How will we recognise its you tho ???? Arent all snooker fans fat, bald and wearing funny t-shirts ???? Can you wear that funny shirt as we saw you in at the crucible (when you was asleep on the front row??) <laugh>

I'm not sure where that shirt is. I've had it for years, and had to find it out specifically for The Crucible. rofl

If I'm not in the front row, it seems a lot of effort.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:How will we recognise its you tho ???? Arent all snooker fans fat, bald and wearing funny t-shirts ???? Can you wear that funny shirt as we saw you in at the crucible (when you was asleep on the front row??) <laugh>

I'm not sure where that shirt is. I've had it for years, and had to find it out specifically for The Crucible. rofl

If I'm not in the front row, it seems a lot of effort.

<ok> :wave:

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:What a bucking debacle.

My tickets have arrived, but they've sent me a ticket for afternoon's play on Saurday when I've ordered a ticket for all day.

I'm on hold waiting to talk to them now.

Jeepers creepers, they couldn't find weed in Amsterdam...

Postby SnookerFan

Spoke to the customer helpline. Hopefully I'm getting a spare ticket left at the venue.

buck knows which venue they'll leave it at, mind. <doh>

Worst comes to the worst, my hotel has a nice looking bar and a big screen TV. rofl

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:Spoke to the customer helpline. Hopefully I'm getting a spare ticket left at the venue.

buck knows which venue they'll leave it at, mind. <doh>

Worst comes to the worst, my hotel has a nice looking bar and a big screen TV. rofl

They'll leave it to one side for you in a hotel in St. Petersburg. Be there at noon.

Postby SnookerFan

I got an e-mail from See Tickets saying a duplicate set of tickets had been left at the Box Office, and later I noticed a phone message left on my mobile phone apologising that they'd forgotten to include tickets to both session and confirming tickets had been left at the Ricoh Areana box office.

I have great faith in this super competent company, that now nothing can go wrong. <doh>