Post a reply

Re: Sangsom World 6 Reds Championship

Postby Andy Spark

Well done Thep! When I watch him play I always feel I want to adopt him and give him a square meal. :dinner:

I suppose he might just naturally be that shape, maybe I'm speaking from the perspective of a westerner familiar with a full English and plates of chips, but still looks a trifle too much on the thin side to me.

Postby Andre147

Haven't followed any of this, just 2 or 3 frames on Snookerrom channel and Trumps mini-maxi yesterday.

Hope one of the underdogs wins, ideally Thepchaya.

Postby Gridlock

Un-Nooh is fun to watch. Trump had his usual moments, but I am especially irked that I didn't get to see McGill at all. Selby is my pick.

Postby PoolBoy

Good for the hosts to have one of their own Thailand players in the final. (Final is tomorrow - first to 8 frames)
But, hey..wasn't there a tongue-in-cheek thread on this forum about Matt Selt becoming World Champion?
Well, he's certainly giving it a good shot here at becoming A World Champ! :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

SteveJJ wrote:Liang Wenbo 7 v 4 Matt Selt.

All Asian final guaranteed.

Un Nooh currently 3-1 up

Good, hopefully Un-Nooh can win it, he was my main tip for the title, at least the one I'd like to see win. <ok>

Postby Gridlock

Seems I read somewhere that these Thai tables have a bit larger pockets and the balls are larger diameter as well

Postby PoolBoy

Gridlock wrote:Seems I read somewhere that these Thai tables have a bit larger pockets and the balls are larger diameter as well

I'd be very surprised if that was the case - certainly for a professional event of this standing.
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh closed-out his match 7-3, against compatriot Noppon Saengkham.

Final is Saturday morning 8.30am UK time (first to 8 frames)

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Liang Wenbo

Postby Gridlock

PoolBoy wrote:
Gridlock wrote:Seems I read somewhere that these Thai tables have a bit larger pockets and the balls are larger diameter as well

I'd be very surprised if that was the case - certainly for a professional event of this standing.
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh closed-out his match 7-3, against compatriot Noppon Saengkham.

My feeling about the tables too.if this is a world snooker event then seems they'd have to be uniform

Postby kolompar

Andre147 wrote:Haven't followed any of this, just 2 or 3 frames on Snookerrom channel and Trumps mini-maxi yesterday.

Hope one of the underdogs wins, ideally Thepchaya.

Same here, what a stupid schedule, 150 matches on the weekdays, 1 on the weekend <laugh>
Would have liked to see some of the amateurs, looks like the Pakistanis had a good tournament, Helgason too, there was Ben Judge, and of course, probably the most interesting, Peter Francisco.
Thepchaiya doing well, one more match for him.

Andre147 wrote:Now what I would love to see would be an 83 maximum break, it's certainly more plausible than a 155 break. <ok>

Wael Talat, who didn't win a match here, had knocked in one in the 2014 IBSF 6 reds. :-D

Balls definitely the same size, pockets looked generous. These are Shender tables, the ones used at the bigger amateur tournies, probably set up to the IBSF pocket templates which are different to the pro ones.

Postby Wildey

Gridlock wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:

My feeling about the tables too.if this is a world snooker event then seems they'd have to be uniform

its not a World Snooker Event it is sanctioned by World Snooker but they don't organize it.

Doesn't matter about the pockets in this because its played minus 9 red balls so it has no bearing on the record books.

its a event on it own in the schedule similar to the Shootout.

Postby Gridlock

Balls definitely the same size, pockets looked generous. These are Shender tables, the ones used at the bigger amateur tournies, probably set up to the IBSF pocket templates which are different to the pro ones.[/quote]
Thank you for the clarification. I do recall seeing that was the brand of table.

Postby Gridlock

Sorry I didn't get the quotes exactly. SometimesI hate this android tablet!

Postby PoolBoy

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 8-2 Liang Wenbo

Thepchaiya reeled off 7 frames in-a-row from 1-2 to take the title!

Great effort and although not added to the ranking money, £45,000 is a great payday for a 'variant' event.
It's ten grand more than the runner-up will receive at the forthcoming Shanghai Masters and more than John Higgins got for winning the season's first ranking event. Indeed, even a losing semi finalist at the UK Championships 'only' gets £30k.

Postby kolompar

Thought I would only miss a couple frames, in the end I only saw the last one. Both missed some balls (even with the big pockets :-D ), but good to see Thepchaiya's done it.

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 8-2 Liang Wenbo

Thepchaiya reeled off 7 frames in-a-row from 1-2 to take the title!

Great effort and although not added to the ranking money, £45,000 is a great payday for a 'variant' event.
It's ten grand more than the runner-up will receive at the forthcoming Shanghai Masters and more than John Higgins got for winning the season's first ranking event. Indeed, even a losing semi finalist at the UK Championships 'only' gets £30k.

:D very happy for him, he was my main tip for the title even before the event started, at least he was the one I was rooting to win.

Well done. :hatoff:

Postby Andy Spark

Well done Thep! THEPCHAIYA UN-NOOH: 6 REDS WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPION 2015!
:pompom:
Last edited by Andy Spark on 12 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.