Post a reply

Re: Nongfu Spring World Cup Group Stage !!!

Postby Wildey

Vallomas wrote:Skalski is showing some potential.

Yes he is definitely holding his end up in the Belgium team

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I really hope one of the underdog teams win and get places in the CoC, that would ruffle some feathers. I haven't been able to watch a minute of this yet hopefully on Friday/sat.

Do the winners here get in the CoC?

Postby PoolBoy

England should be looking for a 5-0 against UAE tomorrow - or certainly a 4-1 at least!
That would manoeuvre them into a good position to qualify. That really is a 'group of death' though!

Before I looked at the groups, I would have assumed that the 8 quarter-final teams would have been the 5 'British Isles' nations; plus China and Thailand, then another from possibly Hong Kong, Belgium, Australia or India.
But then I discovered that the hosts had a 'China 2' team! For me, they'd be a qualifier too ahead of HK, BEL, AUS and IND.

As it transpired, my 8 'qualifiers' were drawn thus:
A. China
B. Scotland
C. Wales - Northern Ireland
D. England - China 2 - Thailand - Rep of Ireland

And that Group D obviously can't happen!!

As it stands, no country has yet booked their place in the quarter-finals.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 17th of June

NB 2.30pm

Group B
Hong Kong 2-3 Belgium
Scotland 4-1
Malaysia
Iran 1-4 Brazil

Postby Wildey

Thursday 18th of June

6am

Group C
Australia v Poland
Wales v Northern Ireland
Pakistan v Qatar

NB 8am

Group D
England v United Arab Emirates
China B v Thailand
Republic of Ireland v Germany

12.30pm

Group B
Hong Kong v Scotland
Malaysia v Brazil
Iran v Belgium

NB 2.30pm

Group A
China A v Norway
India v Malta
Singapore v Austria

Postby Vallomas

Poor game selection by Eurosport.

Can't understand why they show Australia vs Poland while we have Wales vs N. Ireland on the other table.

MJW mad a century against Swail, btw and Wales are 3-0 up now.

Postby PoolBoy

1 Wales 17
2 Australia 12
-------------------------------
3 Northern Ireland 12
4 Pakistan 9
5= Poland 5
5= Qatar 5

All to play for tomorrow with the key games being:
Northern Ireland v Pakistan
Wales v Australia

Postby Vallomas

What happens if two teams finish with the same points? The one who has won their match goes through?

Interesting to see that Pakistan has still a possibility to make it.

Postby PoolBoy

roy142857 wrote:If 2 finish on same 'points' (frames won!) then winner of their match goes through, not sure though if 3 finish on the same unless one of the three beat both of the others ...

They apparently bring back the 3 teams for a 'blue-ball shootout'!
I'll see if I can find where I read that!

Postby PoolBoy

Found it hidden away in the Official World Snooker site!

In determining the top two positions in each group, should there be an equal number of frames won by two or more teams, then the following criteria will determine the final position of each team in each group:

If two teams are equal, the winner of the match between the two teams who are equal
If two or more teams are tied a sudden death blue ball shoot out will be played between the teams who are equal. The blue ball will be placed on its spot and the cue-ball must be struck from within the D. The teams will toss a coin to determine who will go first. Each player in each team will take turns to pot the blue from its spot.

In determining positions 3-6 in each group, should there be an equal number of frames won by two or more teams they shall remain tied in the group. The respective prize money for each group position will totalled and shared equally between the tied teams.

Postby PoolBoy

PoolBoy wrote:Found it hidden away in the Official World Snooker site!

In determining the top two positions in each group, should there be an equal number of frames won by two or more teams, then the following criteria will determine the final position of each team in each group:

If two teams are equal, the winner of the match between the two teams who are equal
If two or more teams are tied a sudden death blue ball shoot out will be played between the teams who are equal. The blue ball will be placed on its spot and the cue-ball must be struck from within the D. The teams will toss a coin to determine who will go first. Each player in each team will take turns to pot the blue from its spot.

In determining positions 3-6 in each group, should there be an equal number of frames won by two or more teams they shall remain tied in the group. The respective prize money for each group position will totalled and shared equally between the tied teams.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/world-cup-c ... ion-rules/
I've changed (in my cut-and-paste) what I assume is a 'typo' in rule 8 as these are 6 team groups, not 5.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Do the winners here get in the CoC?

Yes, but they have to play as a doubles team.

rofl rofl

That's like a WWF style handicap match.

hehehe :)

...and the final of the Champion of Champions is: Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Mark Williams and Michael White... er...

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
hehehe :)

...and the final of the Champion of Champions is: Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Mark Williams and Michael White... er...

Michael White could turn heel on Mark Williams. After Mark has looked after him, and helped nurture the young talent, Michael could wait until Mark was on a shot and hit him with a steal chair. Ronnie would then win the match, with Clive Everton going; "Oh my God! This is heinous."

Or am I taking the WWF analogy too far?

Postby PoolBoy

1. China 'B' 14
2. England 13
-----------------------------
3. Thailand 12
4. Rep of Ireland 12
5. Germany 7
6. UAE 2

England v Rep of Ireland
China 'B' v Germany
Thailand v UAE

This group is still wide open ahead of the deciders tomorrow!

Postby SnookerFan

Stuart Bingham ‏@Stuart__Bingham A much needed win today 5-0. We need to win 5-0 or 4-1 against Rep of Ireland to get thru or have a chance. #cmonengland

Winner, Winner. Chicken Dinner.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Michael White could turn heel on Mark Williams. After Mark has looked after him, and helped nurture the young talent, Michael could wait until Mark was on a shot and hit him with a steal chair. Ronnie would then win the match, with Clive Everton going; "Oh my God! This is heinous."

Not far enough.

Clive could come storming out of the commentary box and turn on both the Rocket and Michael White, brandishing a massive thor-like hammer. Clive wins - finally taking his throne as the true King of Snooker, with Prince McManus and court jester Fouldsy by his side (Fouldsy beat Selby in a previous round, therefore stripping him of his jester sobriquet.)

Postby Lou147

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Not far enough.

Clive could come storming out of the commentary box and turn on both the Rocket and Michael White, brandishing a massive thor-like hammer. Clive wins - finally taking his throne as the true King of Snooker, with Prince McManus and court jester Fouldsy by his side (Fouldsy beat Selby in a previous round, therefore stripping him of his jester sobriquet.)

Before Stephen Lee and Quinten Hann make an astonishing return as a tag team, sweeping all before them, although against the odds (See what I did there). Then Lee turns heel on Hann and ultimately claims his place as the king who stands astride the game of Snooker.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 18th of June

6am

Group C
Australia 4-1 Poland
Wales 4-1 Northern Ireland
Pakistan 4-1 Qatar

NB 8am

Group D
England 5-0 United Arab Emirates
China B 3-2 Thailand
Republic of Ireland 4-1 Germany

12.30pm

Group B
Hong Kong 1-4 Scotland
Malaysia 1-4 Brazil
Iran 2-3 Belgium

NB 2.30pm

Group A
China A 3-0 Norway
India 0-0 Malta
Singapore 0-1 Austria

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:You can tell how interested we all are in the World Cup, can't you? rofl

i am but im working so i cant be here 24/7 anymore

Postby fridge46

SnookerFan wrote:You can tell how interested we all are in the World Cup, can't you? rofl

I am very interested in the World Cup, but it is hard to get into when World Snooker and EuroSport arent taking the event seriously.

EuroSport are showing a few hours starting at stupid o'clock then an hour-or-so of "highlights" in the evening. Because of this, I believe it is blocked on the official stream. They dont even have cameras on all three tables!!

Then there is World Snooker... they just post the overall results. If we are lucky, we get the frame scores. But without knowing which players took part in the frames, results/scores/breakdowns are absolutely ducking useless!!

I excepted better from World Snooker (or maybe I am just kidding myself!)

Postby SnookerFan

fridge46 wrote:

I am very interested in the World Cup, but it is hard to get into when World Snooker and EuroSport arent taking the event seriously.

EuroSport are showing a few hours starting at stupid o'clock then an hour-or-so of "highlights" in the evening. Because of this, I believe it is blocked on the official stream. They dont even have cameras on all three tables!!

Then there is World Snooker... they just post the overall results. If we are lucky, we get the frame scores. But without knowing which players took part in the frames, results/scores/breakdowns are absolutely ducking useless!!

I excepted better from World Snooker (or maybe I am just kidding myself!)

This is a fair point.

I switched on the highlights on Eurosport at 8pm, and the cycling overran by 20 minutes. Then I got some half-arsed introduction by Phil Yates, which basically was just him speaking over commentary; "Hello, welcome to the highlights show of the World Cup from Wuxi", whilst play was being shown. We saw half of the first frame, then it skipped to half way through the next frame.

I thought; "Sod this." I aint watched any more yet. If I can be bothered, I might get up at 6am on Saturday to watch some. I don't know if I can though.