Post a reply

Ladbrokes Players Championship Quarter Finals!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 22nd of March ~ Sunday 27th of March at Event City, Manchester

Mike Dunn will be playing in only his second World Ranking Quarter Final and the first for almost 2 years where he played in the Semi Final of the 2014 China Open losing 6- to Ding Junhui after a Quarter Final win over Mark Selby just a few weeks before Selby became World Champion.

Also in the Quarter Finals is man of the Moment Shaun Murphy, Mark Allen, Ricky Walden,Ali Carter, Ding Junhui, Barry Hawkins and Ben Woollaston in a very high Quality line up.

Who will reach the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Ben Woollaston v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 4-1
Mark Allen v Mike Dunn Allen leads 5-0
-------------------------------------------------------
Ricky Walden v Allister Carter Carter leads 4-2
Ding Junhui v Barry Hawkins Ding Junhui leads 7-6

ORDER OF PLAY

(For viewers outside the UK)

Image Image

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Quarter Finals!!!

Postby hendry_fan

What a match i played yesterday evening,i served up the BIGGEST pile of cobblers i,ve served up for donkeys years.

I played against a young guy who recently joined the club where i play,till yesterday evening,we only ever played 1 frame together (which i won on the black).

We ended up playin 6 frames,he beat me 5 frames to 1.

Anyone who plays snooker knows full well just how hard,frustratin it can be,especially if nothin goes right.

I was absolute cabbage in all departments in the game,when he went 3-0 up,i felt like goin up to him and calling it a day :off: ,but the gentleman that i am,i thought,nah,lets keep going,my goal was not to get whitewashed,he went 4-0 in front,but i managed to win the 5th frame,i have to say,i had a very bad run o the balls,which of course did,nt help,but i had my fair share of chances which i just could,nt capatalise on.

When he went 2-0 in front,my patience,concentration,will to win,fighting spirit totally collapsed and i started to do a Michael Holt,almost every pot i missed,when i lost position,played a sloppy safety,i shook ma head,rolled ma eyes and started to mutter to myself.

When he won the 6th frame,i went up to him and shook his hand,i said,well played,then i said,thats the worst i,ve played in a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time,he must o thought,well,it could harldy get any worse. <laugh>

He,himself played ok,nothin special,if i,d of played how i normally do,i,d of beaten him.

On my way home,i felt as flat as an omelette and i thought,the next time i play him,i,m gonna be right up for it,i want revenge,i,ll be determined to show him that i can serve up more than cabbage,scrambled eggs. :-D

So pleased that Dunn has gotten so far,i think Allen will end his run today though.

From the players remaining,i,d like either Ding,Carter,Smurph or Dunn to go on and win the this tourney. :-)

Postby Cheshire Cat

Might as well call it as it is and say Murphy in this sort of form could spank every bottom left in this tournament if he maintained it.

I think the romantic scenario would be a Ding v Murphy final, where Ding makes a career resurgence and wins the title. He then goes on to the win the Worlds and dominate the game for the next decade.

Happy ending and snooker done for another season. :innocent:

Postby boris_the_butcher

Cheshire Cat wrote:Might as well call it as it is and say Murphy in this sort of form could spank every bottom left in this tournament if he maintained it.

I think the romantic scenario would be a Ding v Murphy final, where Ding makes a career resurgence and wins the title. He then goes on to the win the Worlds and dominate the game for the next decade.

That scenario disgusts me.

Postby votesforgoats

Hope Ding or Carter can win this, would be good for them to get a pretty nice title after long droughts. (for different reasons of course) If I recall correctly both of them have won one small title this season but this'd be a nice prize. But I definitely fancy Murphy to take down Woolly and then whoever comes through in the other match - not that I would discount the possibility of Allen beating him. And if so the other finalist would also have a headache on their hands.

Postby PoolBoy

Neil Foulds suggested on commentary last night that ticket sales had been good for this Easter weekend's sessions. The attendances have been dreadful so far, and it looks very poor on TV. It won't do Manchester's chances of staging future events much good.

Anyway, it's on to the one-table-set-up now, for the quarter-finals onwards. Pity it wasn't best-of-9 for this round!
Looking at the prize money for this competition, there's a huge difference between winner and runner-up.
£100,000 for the winner; £38,000 for the runner-up. Obviously that's 38% of the winner's total.
But, In some tournaments, the runner-up gets 50% (Welsh Open £60k v £30k) and the International Championship it's 52% (£125k v 65k).

Postby Cheshire Cat

PoolBoy wrote:Neil Foulds suggested on commentary last night that ticket sales had been good for this Easter weekend's sessions. The attendances have been dreadful so far, and it looks very poor on TV. It won't do Manchester's chances of staging future events much good.

Anyway, it's on to the one-table-set-up now, for the quarter-finals onwards. Pity it wasn't best-of-9 for this round!
Looking at the prize money for this competition, there's a huge difference between winner and runner-up.
£100,000 for the winner; £38,000 for the runner-up. Obviously that's 38% of the winner's total.
But, In some tournaments, the runner-up gets 50% (Welsh Open £60k v £30k) and the International Championship it's 52% (£125k v 65k).

I remember MJW having a go at World Snooker on Twitter because of the new prize money rankings, about how the difference between runner-up and winner was far too big. Quite right. The Worlds is a good example of this; the runner up doesn't even get half of what the winner earns and the winner will soon be getting £500 000, which is a joke (not the money itself, you should get big money for it, but the fact that money = ranking points).

Postby SnookerFan

boris_the_butcher wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Might as well call it as it is and say Murphy in this sort of form could spank every bottom left in this tournament if he maintained it.

That scenario disgusts me.

Why?

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:My dad has just served a home brewed lager beer. We're eating chicken and chips for lunch.

Pls, don't make me crave my Chinese tonight anymore than I already do.

Still BO7 I think. Booooo.

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Finally I get to see Ricky :-)

Not pulling a Dan-Cat, are you?

Watching him from up a tree?

Under a blanket on the sofa with an epic hangover it was my birthday yesterday

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:

Ricky is the sort of nice guy that would see you in the tree, shrug his shoulders and just let you continue watching. As you do. <laugh>

RISSSSHHHHIIIIIIIII. Jill needs a bit more 'snooker exposure' and time presenting it, sort of like Hazel did. Hazel is pretty knowledgable about the game these days.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Under a blanket on the sofa with an epic hangover it was my birthday yesterday

Happy Birthday. 60th or 61st?