Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Quarter Finals!!!

Postby sas6789

SnookerFan wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Mark Allen has beaten ROS over the best of 25 frames; that's a consolation according to Yates. <ok>

At least Hendry calls it as it is -- poor.

Hendry finds everything poor.

He's right though that match was poor.

Postby LC

Murphy playing well, but I bet he can't believe his luck these last tourneys he's played no one and is looking like winning back to back titles with 200,000 quid to boot

Postby sas6789

LC wrote:Murphy playing well, but I bet he can't believe his luck these last tourneys he's played no one and is looking like winning back to back titles with 200,000 quid to boot

He did beat the current WC in the final of the Grand Prix lol.

Postby Goldenballs147

sas6789 wrote:
LC wrote:Murphy playing well, but I bet he can't believe his luck these last tourneys he's played no one and is looking like winning back to back titles with 200,000 quid to boot

He did beat the current WC in the final of the Grand Prix lol.

Everyone beats the current WC these days :)

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Mark Allen has beaten ROS over the best of 25 frames; that's a consolation according to Yates. <ok>

Hendry mentioned you earlier when he said.

"i have to be careful what i say some people don't like me to give my opinion"

he is being payed to give an honest opinion.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I imagine there's a bit of extra pressure, because I think Murphy or Ben would fancy their chances if they got through. Allen has admitted he's playing terribly, there's a good chance either of these two would beat him and make the final.

Postby Goldenballs147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Hendry. Not accepting Murphy's excuses.<ok>

I love the way Hendry makes no bones about calling him out on it either. Proper punditry.

It's a shame that's him finished up for the tournament, Hendry and Everton are such a fantastic pairing. I can only hope this won't result in more Yates.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Looks like Twitter was right at the start of the week when ITV announced Hendry would only be doing the first 4 days of the tourney. Shame he won't be around for the Semis and Final.

EDIT: Oh fleck, more Yates.. I think that'll end up being the case.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Hendry mentioned you earlier when he said.

"i have to be careful what i say some people don't like me to give my opinion"

he is being payed to give an honest opinion.

Calm down, Wild. I was only having a laugh. I'm under no illusions how low standard that match was.

Hendry was a 7 times World Champion, who believed losing a final was a failure, no matter how well he played or how close the result.

To be fair, he is going to find most things poor by comparison.