Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Last 32!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:I swear Foulds has said that about everyone: that 'so-and-so' could win this tournament if they win tonight. Might as well say that everyone who gets into the last 16 could win this tournament.

You've got to be in it to win it. <ok>

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:What is Kyren Wilson's current world rank?

He's no.19 at present. A career high!
But, he's at no.18 in the provisional rankings. Still a good chance of making the Crucible automatically.

Postby SnookerFan

I've still not decided whether cutting down on my Crucible tickets was a good idea this year. I'm going to two sessions a day, rather than three. I kind of regret it now? But being in there all day was knackering.

I'll watch a session or two with a pint somewhere instead.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:Based on the crowds so far, will Manchester be used for the English Open? Discuss.

We're the crowds worse than this during the day? Discuss.

I'm not kidding when I say there looked to be about 20 people there in the afternoon at the worst of camera angles. It was dire.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:If Phil Yates can look up facts about players from 100 years ago that easily, why do the BBC commentators continue to make basic errors?

You make it sound like Dennis Taylor knows how to use the internet.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:If Phil Yates can look up facts about players from 100 years ago that easily, why do the BBC commentators continue to make basic errors?

You make it sound like Dennis Taylor knows how to use the internet.

Fair point.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Hendry wondering whether the refs would be bold enough to tell Alex Higgins to tuck his shirt in.

Higgins'd look 'em in the eye and say 'Ye' can shove yer' dress code up your jaxie.'

Postby Dan-cat

Cheshire Cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Based on the crowds so far, will Manchester be used for the English Open? Discuss.

I'm not kidding when I say there looked to be about 20 people there in the afternoon at the worst of camera angles. It was dire.

I think it's just terrible promotion... It does look rubbish though

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

I think it's just terrible promotion... It does look rubbish though

Used to have the same problem in Telford. One year, I had been watching matches and I went back to my hotel. Stopping into the pub next door for dinner, I asked them to put the snooker on. One guy asked me where it came from, and was amazed to find out it was up the road.

Why is a guy who is interested in snooker, no matter how casually, not know it's in the town he lives in? There was posters up everywhere advertising that The Krankies were in pantomime in Wolverhampton, but no snooker promotion.