Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Last 32!!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

stateofwonder wrote:I see MJW is 3:2 up. Is the match any good? Seems some people here aren't impressed

MJW has played terribly. I actually don't know how he's got 3 frames on the board. Balls have been a bit awkward at times though.

EDIT: actually MJW hasn't been that bad. He's been awful in this 6th frame though, some terrible shots.

Postby Andre147

MJW doing a Selby and going after 5 snookers :zzz:

Didn't last long though.

Not great match, but Dom is definately the deserved winner.

MJW having confidence troubles again, but as TR said, next season there will be lots of ranking events, it will be his best chance of winning one before he definately ends his career. Would love of he won at least one more, sad to see such a great player like him not follow the footsteps of Ronnie and Higgins.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Dale had breaks of 72, 73, 82 and 61. That's pretty damn' good.

Said himself in the studio that he was trying to be more aggressive and quick. Well he was definitely playing some positive and aggressive shots today. <ok>

Postby Dan-cat

Cheshire Cat wrote:Dale had breaks of 72, 73, 82 and 61. That's pretty damn' good.

Said himself in the studio that he was trying to be more aggressive and quick. Well he was definitely playing some positive and aggressive shots today. <ok>

He needed to do something.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:MJW having confidence troubles again, but as TR said, next season there will be lots of ranking events, it will be his best chance of winning one before he definately ends his career. Would love of he won at least one more, sad to see such a great player like him not follow the footsteps of Ronnie and Higgins.

It's unlikely, he was a great player but he wasn't as consistent as the likes of Higgins and his longevity is nowhere near Ronnie's.

To bounce back to winning tournaments is simply not within his caliber IMO.

Postby Dan-cat

Thursday, 24 March

Second round (best of seven frames)

Matthew Selt (Eng) v Ben Woollaston (Eng)

Dominic Dale (Wal) v Shaun Murphy (Eng)

Mark Allen (NI) v Mark King (Eng)

Ryan Day (Wal) v Mike Dunn (Eng)

Marco Fu (HK) v Ricky Walden (Eng)

Judd Trump (Eng) v Ali Carter (Eng)

Ding Junhui (Chn) v Michael White (Wal)

Robert Milkins (Eng) v Barry Hawkins (Eng)

MORNING! :)

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Despite being asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow last night, I'm still absolutely knackered this morning.

I have to say,i,m verrrrry impressed by your "tenacity" SnookerFan,i stole that word from,no,not Dan-cat,but from JV btw. :-D

It amazes me that you can function so good,the amount of stuff you write here,(which is mostly funny,good n knowledgeable) is impressive,especially after all the drinkin you do,i dunno how you do it,but good on ya mate,your a good geezer. ;-) :clap:

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Hendo_Fan, morning :) what's your match of the day today? Ding vs Whitey for me - hope they show that :)

Good morning Dan-cat,

I,m not really bovered bout todays line ups tbh,mabye it,s cause there are no Scots left,but if i had to pick one to watch today,then i,d pick Trump v Carter. :-)