Post a reply

Re: Gdynia Open (Kreativ Dental Clinic ET 6) !!!

Postby Vallomas

Cheshire Cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What's the name of that referee who is about 12 tall? The guy with the beard.

Milosz something, I think. I keep hearing the ES commentators saying his first name, can't remember his last.

Milosz Olborski. He's from Poland and WS notes that basketball is one of his hobbies (what a surprise).

Postby Cheshire Cat

At least this is better than the boxing dross that was served up last night. Was listening Frampton v Quigg on 5 Live and the commentators sounded bored out of their minds, I could only imagine how bad it was to watch.

Postby Muppet147

Cheshire Cat wrote:At least this is better than the boxing dross that was served up last night. Was listening Frampton v Quigg on 5 Live and the commentators sounded bored out of their minds, I could only imagine how bad it was to watch.

I watched it on a free stream and it was as rubbish as it must have sounded on the radio.

Still, I didn't have to pay so I only invested my valuable time in it.

Postby Andy Spark

LC wrote:That quarter final line up is depressing, this could be 2006, only Wilson and woolaston trying to hold back the oldies

I wouldn't call them "oldies" just yet. :gran:

Postby SnookerFan

Sky tend to take casual boxing fans for mugs, making out every PPV is the best thing ever, even if it's just a British title level fight or Kelly Brook fighting some guy ranked 278 in the world. People who like boxing casually end up being fooled into watching it, and the hardcore fan relents and buys anyway.

Saying that I did watch last night's fight expecting it to be better than it was. The occasion got to them I think, especially Quigg.

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:Quarter-finals:

Barry Hawkins v Kyren Wilson
Ben Woollaston v Martin Gould
Marco Fu v Mark Selby
Andrew Higginson v Mark King

The only time I saw Higgins on this week was when he was playing The Friendly Ghost on Friday night. He looked marmite. Apparently he has been playing better since.

Postby Vallomas

Just saw that Selby is 3-0 in front, but Higginson is ready to pull one back (barring snookers).

It seems that Maguire will play at the World Grand Prix, which is very important for him since he is struggling to be back on the top 16 for the Worlds.

Postby eraserhead

pasunegirafe wrote:Our first finalist is known. Selby puts a stop to the Higginson comeback and wins 4-2.
Think it's Selby's first final since the China Open last year?

I think so, he's been getting to semis and quarters in big comps but then getting stopped by the eventual winner.

I hope Gould can build on his German masters success.

Postby SnookerFan

pasunegirafe wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Edging towards watching the snooker now.

Yes, join us Image

WTF?

I'm trying to hypnotize you. Did it work?

I just woke up naked on my living room floor.