Post a reply

Re: All matches should be 1 session bes of 35s

Postby Roland

AC or LT - please can you tone down the silly topics as they feed directly onto the Snooker Island twitter and I have been receiving comments from people who actually think it's me coming up with some of these ridiculous ideas.

I can quite easily take away your privilege to start topics :santa:

Postby AC or LT?

Roland wrote:AC or LT - please can you tone down the silly topics as they feed directly onto the Snooker Island twitter and I have been receiving comments from people who actually think it's me coming up with some of these ridiculous ideas.

I can quite easily take away your privilege to start topics :santa:

Whilst I'd argue there not silly topics so much as less popular ideas I'll post less topics. Snooker moving to a single-frame length format does make sense, but that has to be the format deemed as the best in the game - which I'd argue is the one you need to win the World Championship - Best of 35 - the key difference I argue is that we need to move to a tennis style where you play the matches in one go.

Postby Cloud Strife

AC or LT? wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I'd like to see a tournament with all matches being best of 35s.

It could be an 8 man event contested by the elite.

A 128 player event all Best of 35s would be brilliant, with 10am kicks off on a 8 table set up and play to a finish that day.

I'd pay to watch that. <ok>

Postby AC or LT?

Could be done pretty easily

Last 128
Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday
8 x Last 128
Last 64
Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday
8 x Last 64
Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday
4 x Last 32
Monday/Tuesday/
4 x Last 16
Wednesday/Thursday/
2 x Quarter Finals
Friday/Saturday
1 x Semi Finals
Sunday
1 x Final

If we combined this, the normal worlds and my reformed world championship we'd have one hell of a triple crown for players to go at.

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:
gcjdavid wrote:LOL The players could die. (>﹏<)

We could all die at any moment. We could be sat on our sofa with our feet up, and the roof caves in.

pmsl

Postby gcjdavid

Meanwhile in China (or 1001 ways to die #487

A shopkeeper was upset about a man parking his motorcycle outside her shop. So the shopkeeper grabbed the man's balls and squeezed it until the man died.

Postby SnookerFan

gcjdavid wrote:Meanwhile in China (or 1001 ways to die #487

A shopkeeper was upset about a man parking his motorcycle outside her shop. So the shopkeeper grabbed the man's balls and squeezed it until the man died.

What were the first 486 ways, I missed them.