Post a reply

Re: Barry Hearns Statement Discussion

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:I would have liked to see 10x Ladies Champion Reanne Evans get the Jimmy card since he doesn't need it yet, rather than Wattana.

Yeah. Wattana is an odd choice, aint he?

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:I would have liked to see 10x Ladies Champion Reanne Evans get the Jimmy card since he doesn't need it yet, rather than Wattana.

Why give Evans a wild card? She patently isn't good enough. Wattana is a former world number 3 who did wonders for snooker in the Far east.

Postby Skullman

I vaguely remember hearing about it being something to do with lifetime earnings, which is why Wattana was chosen.

Postby Andy Spark

vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Why give Evans a wild card? She patently isn't good enough. Wattana is a former world number 3 who did wonders for snooker in the Far east.

Yes, really glad Wattana is getting given a tour card, he totally deserves it for services to snooker. :-)

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Yes, really glad Wattana is getting given a tour card, he totally deserves it for services to snooker. :-)

its not a tour card they are not on the tour they are top up players

Postby Andy Spark

Wildey wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

its not a tour card they are not on the tour they are top up players

I know, I meant that. :-) Anyway, it is like a card to play on the tour. As far as I'm concerned they have a tour card.