Post a reply

Re: 2013/14 - Is the flat structure upon us?

Postby Witz78

Its a fairly obvious one probably but with the money structured rankings coming in, does he envisage prize money rocketing as events compete with each other.

And if a sponsor throws more money at an event than the World Championships has, what sort of impact would that have??

Also the PTCs, does he envisage them becoming a Challenger tennis equivalent under the money rankings list, as the big boys will be unlikely to play them as theyll focus on the bigger full rankers, so itll mainly just be lower ranked and younger players playing them?

In effect that means these PTCs on a money list will effectively become rankers in their own right then and individual sponsors could throw a few extra quid at them to boost their standing over other PTCs and make them more attractive.

There are some questions among that rant, i just typed away once i got going haha

Postby vodkadiet

Can you ask if he does Hearn's laundry? Hearn's cooking? Hearn's house cleaning? Does he wash Hearn's car? Any other errand boy duties for the Guvnor?

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Shaun Murphy weighs in with his opinion. (Again.)

Shaun Murphy ‏@Magician147
Really don't get how anyone in the snooker world can argue against the proposed new structure. Everyone in at round one is how it should be.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Shaun Murphy weighs in with his opinion. (Again.)

Shaun Murphy ‏@Magician147
Really don't get how anyone in the snooker world can argue against the proposed new structure. Everyone in at round one is how it should be.

Dave Hendon has weighted in to. Murphy is admitting not knowing all the facts....

Slow day at work. :emb:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Murphy often wades in without thinking things through properly himself.

He just seems to like to toady up to what World Snooker are doing, don't he? Often before World Snooker have even done anything. <laugh>

Dave Hendon came in and said something about the BBC might have a different opinion to Murphy, and Murphy was all; "Oh, I thought the BBC had agreed it already." Then started chatting about how people should make all the facts known, so he could comment properly.

Postby Roland

Murphy's personal opinions always seem to be what he perceives to be public opinion or what he thinks World Snooker want him to say. But then again he is a Queen fan so enough said really. #fencesitter

Postby Witz78

No surprise that clown Hendon is against it

worst of it is, half the clown players and fans who follow him will fall for his claptrap.

Gimme Murphy or any players views a million times over his.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Murphy's personal opinions always seem to be what he perceives to be public opinion or what he thinks World Snooker want him to say. But then again he is a Queen fan so enough said really. #fencesitter

I fail to see what his musical tastes have to do with it. :shrug:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:Murphy's personal opinions always seem to be what he perceives to be public opinion or what he thinks World Snooker want him to say. But then again he is a Queen fan so enough said really. #fencesitter

I fail to see what his musical tastes have to do with it. :shrug:

agreed :bowdown: i like Queen and i dont sit on any fences.

I hate this Frank Zippo character though :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:No surprise that clown Hendon is against it

worst of it is, half the clown players and fans who follow him will fall for his claptrap.

Gimme Murphy or any players views a million times over his.

so John Higgins dissing you in a Nightclub was the Right thing to do <ok>

AGREED rofl

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny

I assume Ferguson didn't have much to say. I reckon Hearn just tells him to give standard answers, that reveal nothing about how Hearn plans to wreck the sport.

Postby Roland

Haha wishful thinking. There's no chance of that ever happening. All his world triumphs have been captured for future generations to see first hand. Joe Davis era is all mythical with no proper footage, and half of the events didn't even have more than 2 players entered.

Postby Skullman

Jewell wrote:If they do change the format of the World Championship will that then devalue the previous World titles?

I mean look at the likes of Joe Davis, Pulman etc and how many World titles they won, but because they were won in another era, under a different format, people don't put much stock in them nowadays.

Could it be that Stephen Hendry's 7 World titles won't mean as much in the future because they weren't won under the 'latest' structure/format.

Would also mean that your beloved Ronnie's titles will mean less.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Haha yes it would. Of course with Ronnie it wasn't always about the titles, his legacy lies elsewhere.

paying doctors for sicknotes

Postby Roland

Yes it happened and I will aim for a 2 parter in the form of a Christmas and New Year special. You will not want to miss it!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Yes it happened and I will aim for a 2 parter in the form of a Christmas and New Year special. You will not want to miss it!

any tinsel around the specials lol

Postby Casey

I still think the flat structure shouldn't apply to the WC - all the other tournaments, yea. But if you seed the top 16 through to the Crucible then it's a real incentive for the players to climb the rankings.

Postby Roland

Casey wrote:I still think the flat structure shouldn't apply to the WC - all the other tournaments, yea. But if you seed the top 16 through to the Crucible then it's a real incentive for the players to climb the rankings.

It will be interesting to see if you still think that after reading the interview.

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:
Casey wrote:I still think the flat structure shouldn't apply to the WC - all the other tournaments, yea. But if you seed the top 16 through to the Crucible then it's a real incentive for the players to climb the rankings.

It will be interesting to see if you still think that after reading the interview.

:?

Postby Wildey

with Most Tournaments next season a Flat 128 draws

BUT

how do you think they will Work out the Qualifying for the other 3 Events thats still tier But 128 players.

This

Round 1 97-112 v 113-128
Round 2 81-96 v Qualifiers from Round 1
Round 3 65-80 v Qualifiers from Round 2
Round 4 49-64 v Qualifiers from Round 3
Round 5 33-48 v Qualifiers from Round 4 LAST 64 MONEY ROUND
Round 6 17-32 v Qualifiers from Round 5

or

Round 1 97-112 v 113-128
Round 2 81-96 v Qualifiers from Round 1
Round 3 33-64 v 65-80+Qualifiers from Round 2
Round 4 Players from Round 3 play each otherLAST 64 MONEY ROUND
Round 5 17-32 v Qualifiers from Round 4

or Maybee

Round 1 65-96 v 97-128
Round 2 33-64 v Qualifiers from Round 1
Round 3 Players from Round 2 Playing each otherLAST 64 MONEY ROUND
Round 4 17-32 v Qualifiers from Round 3

or has someone got another Sugestion?

Postby Wildey

SnookerAnalyst wrote:You don't need round 2 in the 3rd option. That looks the most sensible one to me - I haven't come up with a flatter one yet.

yes i confused myself a bit lol

Postby Monique

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 4974775359

Liebe Snookerfans, die Verhandlungen mit der WSA und dem Tempodrom sind abgeschlossen!

Vom 29.01. - 02.02.2014 werden die vierten German Masters statt finden!

Barry Hearn strukturiert gerade wieder die Turnierstrukturen durcheinander um es für alle noch attraktiver zumachen.
Dies bedeutet für Berlin folgendes Format:

128 Profis spielen alle in der ersten Runde im KO-System. Die übrigen 64 Spieler werden dann ALLE im Tempodrom zu sehen sein.
Natürlich sorgt dies immer für Diskussionen unter den Spielern und Zuschauern. Ein Topstar kann dann eventuell in Runde 1 die Segel streichen.
Andere junge, gierige Spieler bekommen aber auch das Flair des Tempodroms zu spüren, was wohl auf der Tour einmalig sein dürfte.

Nun stellen sich sicher viele die Frage: Wie kriegt ma so viele Spiele überhaupt unter?!?!
Die Lösung: 8 Tische - 7 im Hauptsaal, ein Tisch in der kleinen Arena
Runde 1 - Mittwoch an allen drei Sessions und Donnerstag am Morgen
Runde 2 - Donnerstag nachmittag und abend
Runde 3 - Freitag mittag
Viertelfinale - Freitag abend
Halbfinale - Samstag
Finale - Sonntag

Tickets wird es spätestens ab Beginn der WM geben.
Wir freuen uns bereits wieder auf die tolle Stimmung mit euch!

Eurer Dragonstars Team

This is telling us that next season all matches, from last 128 on will be played at the venue, with a full flat structure.
There will be 7 tables in the main arena and one table in the "small arena" - whatever that is. Eights matches simultaneously.

Wednesday: 3 sessions - Round 1
Thursday: 3 sessions - Round 1 in morning, Round 2 afternoon and evening
Friday: 2 sessions - Round 3 afternoon - Round 4 evening
Saturday : semis (one table setup)
Sunday: Final

There you go and way to go. Full event at the venue. Just a shame they didn't make it a full week. Money I suppose.