Post a reply

Re: Rankings thread

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Have I missed something btw, is rolling rankings definitely being introduced ?

na nothing deffo but he cant understand why the rankings are the same through the season....possibly after consolation he will keep it that way but for the first time ever a WSA Admin has mentioned it which is good.

and RR ive always been in favor of rolling rankings what ive said was it wont keep out Mark King or players like that of being top 16 no system can compensate for winning or losing frames or matches.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Have I missed something btw, is rolling rankings definitely being introduced ?

na nothing deffo but he cant understand why the rankings are the same through the season....possibly after consolation he will keep it that way but for the first time ever a WSA Admin has mentioned it which is good.

and RR ive always been in favor of rolling rankings what ive said was it wont keep out Mark King or players like that of being top 16 no system can compensate for winning or losing frames or matches.

yes it would keep the likes of King, Perry, Ebdon out of the top 16 at times as it would be more like the provisional rankings list so theres times when they had been around 17th-22nd on this, so then they would have had to qualify for events, whereas the likes of Cope, Wenbo and Walden would have benen in the rolling top 16 and qualified for that tournament automatically.

Perhaps if King dropped out of the top 16 then he would decline as the pressure of not being safe in the top 16 for a season at a time would kick in, likewise perhaps Cope, Wenbo would kick on and take their game to another level and push on further up the elite.

Postby Wildey

yes at times the same as it would mean at this years WC Murphy could meet Higgins in the quarters instead of the semi with rolling rankings.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:yes at times the same as it would mean at this years WC Murphy could meet Higgins in the quarters instead of the semi with rolling rankings.

witz is 100 today rofl <laugh>

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:yes at times the same as it would mean at this years WC Murphy could meet Higgins in the quarters instead of the semi with rolling rankings.

witz is 100 today rofl <laugh>

he doesn't look a day over 88 lol

Postby The Cueist

wildJONESEYE wrote:

wild :D Well done for seeing sense, <ok> Me and another poster was on about this a while back and we was told we were ta;king rubbish by snooker traditionalists.

Now look at the value and it restores rankings integrity in relation to any given players current form thatis in the top 48. :clap:

Postby Alex0paul

Williams moves up to 7th pushing Murphy down to 8th :ahh:

Postby Wildey

after the shanghai masters Ricky Walden was no 9 he looked all set for a top 16 birth all he had to do was be consistant and he was there 4 tournament later hes 18 and defanatly outside the top 20 after sheffield.

Postby Roland

He must be gutted.

So what's the state of play going into the Crucible i.e. who needs to win to be top 16 etc?

Postby GJ

ebdon has to beat dott if he does cope must beat carter to get in the top 16

if ebdon ad cope both reach round 2 wenbo will miss out if he loses in round 1

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:ebdon has to beat dott if he does cope must beat carter to get in the top 16

if ebdon ad cope both reach round 2 wenbo will miss out if he loses in round 1

no disrespect to Perry or Dott but for me the outsider of the 3 is Wenbo.

Postby GJ

cope plays carter not perry mate

Postby Alex0paul

Dott needs to reach the semis if Wenbo or Cope lose in round 1.

Postby Casey

Alex0paul wrote:Dott needs to reach the semis if Wenbo or Cope lose in round 1.

Do you mean if Cope or Wenbo win in round 1?

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:cope plays carter not perry mate

dont split hairs lol

point is i fancy ebdon and cope to win more than i do Wenbo <ok>

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Dott needs to reach the semis if Wenbo or Cope lose in round 1.

Do you mean if Cope or Wenbo win in round 1?

no lose lol

so basicly if cope and wenbo wins Dott needs a final <ok>

Postby GJ

i think we will have 3 seeds losing in round 1

last year only 2 lost in round 1 :scared:

Postby Bourne

Come on GJ, we're waiting ... ;)