Post a reply

Re: World Open

Postby Wildey

nothing obvious there Monique no proof at all you just trying to convince yourself as much as me snooker is only one frame one after another...

you like that frame your hooked you dont like it your not hooked.

if you get hooked to something and enjoying a match how is it good that match is over fast ?

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:nothing obvious there Monique no proof at all you just trying to convince yourself as much as me snooker is only one frame one after another...

you like that frame your hooked you dont like it your not hooked.

if you get hooked to something and enjoying a match how is it good that match is over fast ?

Well it's very obvious to me Wild. I'm a qualified teacher and have been teaching at various levels, from high school to Uni for about ten years.
Don't you remember when you were a child? Perception of time changes over life. A two hours match is short for an adult, it's very long for a child. And children react to the present, the here and now. They want a result.

Postby GJ

since it was over wild and simple have continually had digs at the world open

so their continuing negatives comments on it our getting so boring

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

i Rate it and some can say im biased

where as monique who is neutral on the matter agrees it was a good tournament

monique :hatoff:

wild and simple :? :roll:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:since it was over wild and simple have continually had digs at the world open

it was a ok tournament but the constant bigging it up to be better than it was did not work because no bucker in any country aparantly wants the format in a fit <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:since it was over wild and simple have continually had digs at the world open

I wasn't trying to debate whether it was a good tournament. Different people are always going to have different ideas about what is good. I really tried to get into the World Open, I took the week off work to watch it, but found myself getting bored of it. That's not to say it was bad, or should be cancelled, just because it wasn't my favourite tournament.

This thread wasn't supposed to be about whether we like the World Open or not, Wild was simply making an observation that the calendar suggests they are either dropping the tournament, or shortening it. This has got nothing to do with whether we enjoyed the tournament or not. I was merely wondering what reasons they might have to consider dropping/shortening the tournament that seemed pretty popular with most snooker fans. (Which it was.)

To be fair, I seemed to be the only one who was talking about anything else on subject. We've got Monique and Wild arguing about whether it was good. You making accusations at me for being simple, just because I didn't enjoy that particular tournament.

Wasn't the original point to analyse what's happening with the World Open this season? It's descended into petty arguing, without much discussion of the original topic. <doh>

Postby Wildey

well they obviously could not sell it to the right people for the right price in enough time......im sure the World Open will be back but i doubt for this Season and definitely not for that date now.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:well they obviously could not sell it to the right people for the right price in enough time......im sure the World Open will be back but i doubt for this Season and definitely not for that date now.

A problem finding the right venue, you think?

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:I wasn't trying to debate whether it was a good tournament. Different people are always going to have different ideas about what is good. I really tried to get into the World Open, I took the week off work to watch it, but found myself getting bored of it. That's not to say it was bad, or should be cancelled, just because it wasn't my favourite tournament.

This thread wasn't supposed to be about whether we like the World Open or not, Wild was simply making an observation that the calendar suggests they are either dropping the tournament, or shortening it. This has got nothing to do with whether we enjoyed the tournament or not. I was merely wondering what reasons they might have to consider dropping/shortening the tournament that seemed pretty popular with most snooker fans. (Which it was.)

To be fair, I seemed to be the only one who was talking about anything else on subject. We've got Monique and Wild arguing about whether it was good. You making accusations at me for being simple, just because I didn't enjoy that particular tournament.

Wasn't the original point to analyse what's happening with the World Open this season? It's descended into petty arguing, without much discussion of the original topic. <doh>

My first post was to observe that the qualifyers were still advertised on the WSA site altho obviously with a date clash with PTC3 and I was suggesting that maybe it's only out of the calendar because they have to find new dates and venue. I also observed that the event was still in red, so deemed to be ranking... so it was well on topic. ;) after that... :emb:

But it's that "rascal" Wild of course! Insisting it's been ditched because short formats are no good! :no: shame on you Wild!

<laugh> :kiss:

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:My first post was to observe that the qualifyers were still advertised on the WSA site altho obviously with a date clash with PTC3 and I was suggesting that maybe it's only out of the calendar because they have to find new dates and venue. I also observed that the event was still in red, so deemed to be ranking... so it was well on topic. ;) after that... :emb:

But it's that "rascal" Wild of course! Insisting it's been ditched because short formats are no good! :no: shame on you Wild!
<laugh> :kiss:

Match length is another topic, but one in which we are all passionate, so it will boil over sometimes. rofl Don't worry.

So, do you think we'll see the World Open Mon, but one that clashes with PTC 3?

Postby Monique

I think that we will see one ranking tournament, most probably short format, because it's only 4 days, and not "World Open" because it's too late to be able to organise and involve the amateurs. And I don't know when they will putt the qualifs but obviously not at the dates initially scheduled.

Postby Monique

For those who read carefully there is an interesting bit of information in the "Eurosport announcement".
Clearly the World Open has NOT been ditched.

6-10 July 2011, Wuxi Classic, China
11-17 July 2011, World Cup, Thailand
18-24 July 2011, Australian Goldfields Open, Australia
25-28 August 2011, PTC Europe / Paul Hunter Classic, Germany
5-11 September 2011, Shanghai Masters, China
15-18 September 2011, Brazilian Masters, Brazil
30 September - 2 October 2011, PTC Europe, Poland TBC
21-23 October 2011, PTC Europe, TBA
27-30 October 2011 or 26 March - 1 April 2012, World Open, TBA
11-13 November 2011, PTC Europe, Belgium TBC
3-11 December 2011, UK Championship, York
16-18 December, PTC Europe, TBA
6-8 January 2012, PTC Europe, Germany TBC
15-22 January 2012, The Masters, London
1-5 February 2012, German Masters, TBA
13-19 February 2012, Welsh Open, TBA
14-18 March 2012, PTC Final, TBA
26 March - 1 April or 2-8 April 2012 , China Open, China
21 April - 7 May 2012, World Championship, Sheffield

So the question is when and where it's gonna happen, because obviously, if end of March it can only be in Asia because the China Open will then start on the next day. It also means it's unlikely that it will attract many European (including UK) amateurs because of travel times/costs

Postby Wildey

i think it is now confirmed there will only be 8 main rankers with 2 possible scenarios

Australia
Shanghai
World Open
UK
German Masters
Welsh Open
China Open
World Championship

OR

Australia
Shanghai
UK

German Masters
Welsh Open
World Open
China Open
World Championship

Postby Witz78

whys the Sky Shootout dissapeared?

funny how the WO is either going to be 4 days long or 7 days long.

I dont think the World Open should go to China, with 2 rankers + 2 invitationals already, i think China has its share of tournaments that it deserves to at the moment, unless they get the finger out and start throwing big money at events.

Personally i think its a joke that Scotland wont have an event given the World Champions from here (sadly) and the history of the game here over the last 25 years or so. Plus the clubs are thriving again up here and always busy.

Also a joke that Eire and N.Ireland dont have proper rankers with national identity, ie Northern Ireland Trophy / Irish Open etc anymore.

If the bog standard prize money of 200-300k on the table gets a ranker in Europe, Wales or China, then surely these 3 countries, Scotland, Eire and N.Ireland can manage that.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:whys the Sky Shootout dissapeared?

funny how the WO is either going to be 4 days long or 7 days long.

I dont think the World Open should go to China, with 2 rankers + 2 invitationals already, i think China has its share of tournaments that it deserves to at the moment, unless they get the finger out and start throwing big money at events.

Personally i think its a joke that Scotland wont have an event given the World Champions from here (sadly) and the history of the game here over the last 25 years or so. Plus the clubs are thriving again up here and always busy.

Also a joke that Eire and N.Ireland dont have proper rankers with national identity, ie Northern Ireland Trophy / Irish Open etc anymore.

If the bog standard prize money of 200-300k on the table gets a ranker in Europe, Wales or China, then surely these 3 countries, Scotland, Eire and N.Ireland can manage that.

for scotland to get a tournament why wont BBC Scotland do what BBC Wales has done for years because unless british TV are interested there wont be tournaments here.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
27-29 january
Sky Shoot Out

http://www.specsavers.co.uk/

Theyd need to be a hell of a pair of specs considering the Shootout wasnt on the list of events Monique posted :dizzy:

eurosport wont be showing the shootout then

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
27-29 january
Sky Shoot Out

http://www.specsavers.co.uk/

Theyd need to be a hell of a pair of specs considering the Shootout wasnt on the list of events Monique posted :dizzy:

eurosport wont be showing the shootout then

ive no time for minor details like that............ :fart:

Postby Monique

Shoot-out has not disappeared. It's a Sky event and I reckon Sky will want exclusivity of broadcast. Same for PL.

Postby Bourne

The Sky Shootout is a Sky event :hmmm:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:The Sky Shootout is a Sky event :hmmm:

funny that <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:it says here http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles ... 289,00.pdf

the world open will be in china between 5th and 11th of March and has a sponsor :chin:

what ive noticed from that is that the World Championship qualifiers are played just before the World Championship in 2012 instead of before the China Open like they normally are.

surely the case now for updating the rankings after the China Open so the true top 16 make it automatically to Sheffield is there now.

if not, then i certainly hope next season, with 2 full seasons of the new calendar being taken into account, that the rankings will be more rolling.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:

the world open will be in china between 5th and 11th of March and has a sponsor :chin:

what ive noticed from that is that the World Championship qualifiers are played just before the World Championship in 2012 instead of before the China Open like they normally are.

surely the case now for updating the rankings after the China Open so the true top 16 make it automatically to Sheffield is there now.

if not, then i certainly hope next season, with 2 full seasons of the new calendar being taken into account, that the rankings will be more rolling.

I've been asking this for years, about bucking time, there's no logical reason why the World qualies had to be held so early in the last how ever many seasons.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:

Hainan is a place in China http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainan
not a sponsor ;-)

but they dont call the china open the beijing china open .....its a World Open could be played anywhere in the world so why put a place name in the title.

Postby Wildey

lets hope it wont be played in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogeryrchwyndrobwyllllantiseiliogogogoch in wales

The Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogeryrchwyndrobwyllllantiseiliogogogoch World Open

rofl

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:lets hope it wont be played in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogeryrchwyndrobwyllllantiseiliogogogoch in wales

rofl

how the hell can YOU spell that right rofl

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:lets hope it wont be played in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogeryrchwyndrobwyllllantiseiliogogogoch in wales

rofl

how the hell can YOU spell that right rofl

dont know if i have <laugh>

just went with the flow <laugh>