Post a reply

UK Format shorted-players opinions?

Postby randam05

Have we got any of the players opinions on the shortening of the UK format yet?

Especially the older players like higgins, williams, ronnie, davis who will be used to having the UK as a longer format.

Thanks.

Re: UK Format shorted-players opinions?

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Have we got any of the players opinions on the shortening of the UK format yet?

Especially the older players like higgins, williams, ronnie, davis who will be used to having the UK as a longer format.

Thanks.

political correcness as a WPBSA Board member will mean Davis will love it lol

and Ronnie being Ronnie just loves to criticize so those 2 players opinions wont mean much lol

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Love to hear Peter Ebdon's thoughts :redneck:

i dont think many will like it but Peter Ebdon will be my voice inside a player minus the swearing lol

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
and Ronnie being Ronnie just loves to criticize so those 2 players opinions wont mean much lol

You're talking about the guy who says he finds The Crucible dull. I'd have put Ronnie down as somebody who'd be in favour of finishing a match, and bucking off. rofl

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:Love to hear Peter Ebdon's thoughts :redneck:

Im sure we will later this season. Now that will be interesting :-) A man close to my heart :love:

Postby Sickpotter

I think the top players will quickly realize that the chances of a mediocre player knocking them out jumps big time with a shortened format.

I'd like to see the opinions after a season of tampering, players and fans alike will then have some results they can use to decide on the success or fail of this idea.

ATM, I'm dead against shortened formats to TBH I don't see that changing. At the top level you need lots of frames to ensure the class progress. FFS if it's too long for TV edit it <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Sickpotter wrote:I think Ronnie will quickly realize that the chances of a mediocre player knocking him out jumps big time with a shortened format.

I'd like to see the opinions after a season of tampering, players and fans alike will then have some results they can use to decide on the success or fail of this idea.

ATM, I'm dead against shortened formats to TBH I don't see that changing. At the top level you need lots of frames to ensure the class progress. FFS if it's too long for TV edit it <doh>