Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Best-of-11's? You've got to be kidding me <doh>

yes thats been the biggest clanger so far from Barry <doh> <doh>

All I can say is buck THAT <doh>

Re: UK short matches vs television coverage

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:Don't see yous complaining about the Masters being BO11 :john:

I've always thought the Masters is a bit overated actually, much preferred the UK, because of best-of-17s :hatoff:

Postby Bourne

Tubberlad wrote:

I've always thought the Masters is a bit overated actually, much preferred the UK, because of best-of-17s :hatoff:

:hatoff:

Postby PLtheRef

True, but the thing with the Masters is as it always has been is that - whereas the sport has repeatedly sold the UK's name has been sold on the idea of the minimum 17 frame matches. I'm still of the opinion that it should be best of 13 frames or at least matches split into two sessions, which could both be achieved with still ensuring that there was all 32 players playing on the TV.

Still, they must have taken a comment I made on board about the prices remaining the same despite the fewer frames, and the following day they put up the offer for the cheaper tickets.

Postby Wildey

John From London Town wrote:The Masters wasn't always bo11's, used to be bo9's & up until the semi's then the bo11's kicked in.

lets put the masters in a frame and hang it on the wall as the only tournament to be increased in the last 30 years :hatoff: :bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
John From London Town wrote:The Masters wasn't always bo11's, used to be bo9's & up until the semi's then the bo11's kicked in.

lets put the masters in a frame and hang it on the wall as the only tournament to be increased in the last 30 years :hatoff: :bowdown:

The PTCs are longer then they were thirty years ago. rofl

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:

The PTCs are longer then they were thirty years ago. rofl

But they have managed to shorten Pot Black, which is a shame. :dizzy: