85%
All matches shorten to besst of 11
15%

Total votes : 13

Re: UK short matches vs television coverage

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:It's never crossed my mind when going to the Crucible if I'm getting to watch an opening session or a conclusion to a match. In fact given the choice I'd probably rather see a guaranteed full session of frames. I don't recall seeing too many empty seats at the Crucible in non-final sessions!

Come on man, thats rubbish :chuckle:

You saw a lot of the opening session that Sunday afternoon rofl

Yeah but I wasn't really bothered about that particular match and would rather hang out with you guys :love:

:limp: :limp:

was it a Gay Bar :limp:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:You were closer than most armchair critics <ok>

jesus sickpotter in canada was closer to the action than him rofl

Postby Roland

Wild wrote:

More sober I'll bet. One of the things which will stay with me is glancing across and seeing Witz with a pint of some blue rubbish. Proper men drink beer or cider, not bloody Iron Brew with blue food colouring

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Nice smiley colour contrast going on :santa:

:limp:

You sound really jealous

i was very jealous every time you let them alone together and went in to the crucible :john: <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:
Wild wrote:

More sober I'll bet. One of the things which will stay with me is glancing across and seeing Witz with a pint of some blue rubbish. Proper men drink beer or cider, not bloody Iron Brew with blue food colouring

Simultaneously pour a bottle of Blue Wkd and a bottle of Smirnoff Ice into a pint glass over some crushed ice cubes.

Add the merest suggestion of blackcurrant, insert a translucent straw and voila...... perfection is created especially for the discerning palate of the international jetset. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

depends what action your talking about :shock:

god you came over as a boring jobsworth on 606.

your persona on here is so different your not a bad guy really ;-) <ok>

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Wild wrote:

Simultaneously pour a bottle of Blue Wkd and a bottle of Smirnoff Ice into a pint glass over some crushed ice cubes.

Add the merest suggestion of blackcurrant, insert a translucent straw and voila...... perfection is created especially for the discerning palate of the international jetset. :hatoff:

All I can say is I feel sorry for your guts the next morning

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

depends what action your talking about :shock:

god you came over as a boring jobsworth on 606.

your persona on here is so different your not a bad guy really ;-) <ok>

:limp:

well all i can say is your exactly the same as you were on 606 :D

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Wild wrote:jesus sickpotter in canada was closer to the action than him rofl

All I can say is I feel sorry for your guts the next morning

heres a few i made earlier....... :hatoff:

its the ideal summer drink or perfect too if youve a hangover and cant face lager :clap:

One word of caution, dont add Baileys to the blackcurrant version of this (see below) <doh>

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:The ideal summer drink is ice cold cider, the proper stuff

Kopparberg Pear Cider my first choice by far

Actually had a few pints of the Olde English for starters last Friday night and they went down a treat

Back in my student days i practically lived off Cider and Cheese toasties :dinner:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I voted for non-televised but I certainly wouldn't cry like a baby if the format was reduced <ok>

id put Hearn in A & E i wont be crying ;-) <laugh>

Postby Bourne

The UK has been wrongly formatted for a number of years now so I won't get any more upset over this change than any of the others if it means we get more TV matches :D

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:The UK has been wrongly formatted for a number of years now so I won't get any more upset over this change than any of the others if it means we get more TV matches :D

same number of TV Hours dumbed down and no longer the prestige it was to win it just a run of the mill event.

even players feel that like Mark Joyce who made the Quarters last year.

Postby Dannyboy

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:The UK has been wrongly formatted for a number of years now so I won't get any more upset over this change than any of the others if it means we get more TV matches :D

same number of TV Hours dumbed down and no longer the prestige it was to win it just a run of the mill event.

How is it dumb downed? Power Snooker and 6-Reds Snooker is dumbed down snooker and those formats have been told where to go. Snooker needs to change with the times. Unfortunately TV = exposure = cash which is king.

Postby Wildey

Dannyboy wrote:
Wild wrote:

How is it dumb downed? Power Snooker and 6-Reds Snooker is dumbed down snooker and those formats have been told where to go. Snooker needs to change with the times. Unfortunately TV = exposure = cash which is king.

what the buck is this non existant time we keep hearing nonsensical rubbish about ??

does bucking up = changing with the times ?

buck me people got to start get bucking real here instead of talking bullocks without any bucking proof to back up what they think is needed for snooker <doh>

Postby Wildey

Snooker needs to change with the times ??

what buck does that supose to mean thats just bullocks to try and justify rubbish from admins.

if someone cockerels up ill bucking tell them and if this is true sod the year its a cockerel up plain and simple.

Postby Wildey

Dannyboy wrote:What are you on about?

just because its 2011 why buck things up for the sake of change because its cool to change for change sake.

its becoming boring the line its "2011 we got to move with the times" my question WHY ?

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

just because its 2011 why buck things up for the sake of change because its cool to change for change sake.

its becoming boring the line its "2011 we got to move with the times" my question WHY ?

Its called evolution.

Not moving with the times bucks things up more.

We didnt move with the times under Rodney Walker and look where it got us <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

Its called evolution.

Not moving with the times bucks things up more.

We didnt move with the times under Rodney Walker and look where it got us <doh>

yes but point is you got to move with times if its the right thing to do......if you just move with the times because its the done thing where will it end in 2030 will it be time to move with the times again sod if its the right thing to do.

Postby Wildey

it really is becoming the in excuse to explain why snooker in the rubbish it did not evolve ...

to some extend i agree however there are things that worked brilliantly and changing it screwed it up and the UK Championship is top of that list....its been changed and screwed about so much if they had only kept the initial format with best of 31 frame final in the first place.

they have a brilliant new venue they need to look on ways to enhance it prestige which in recent years has been dented although i understand the thinking (if its true) for best of 11s matches it is just another nail in the coffin of what has been a long and painful death of the UK.

It needs something to booster it and sorry this is not the way to go.