Post a reply

Re: Pink Ribbon Tournament Draw and Discussions !!!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:If you won the PTC finals though and had to beat the worlds best you would be pretty miffed if you didn't get decent ranking points for it.

how about reach the semis to get points :shrug:

it does seem odd getting points for your first match having already won loads just by getting there.

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:If you won the PTC finals though and had to beat the worlds best you would be pretty miffed if you didn't get decent ranking points for it.

Same goes for the Masters... and yet (nearly) nobody is asking for it to be ranking.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:

Same goes for the Masters... and yet (nearly) nobody is asking for it to be ranking.

The Masters is a closed shop, the PTC's are not.

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:That's because it's invitational and established

Established things sometimes change ... nothing is written in stone forever.
Not that I'm asking for the Masters to be ranking; I think it would bias the rankings. But I think that for the same reason, the PTC Grand Final shouldn't be neither.

And BTW I always thought that wildcards for the Masters were nonsense.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Masters in it's current format is nothing more than a glorified exho event <ok>

you would proberbly like ranking points on it :sad:

Postby Witz78

whats the difference with the Masters then, to win it you def have to beat the worlds best so why not ranking points there too then?

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

how about reach the semis to get points :shrug:

it does seem odd getting points for your first match having already won loads just by getting there.

yeh points straight away for reaching the last 24 is def a total flaw

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:That's because it's invitational and established

Its not Invitational though, its for the top 16 who have earned the right to be there........

just like the PTC finals isnt invitational either, its for the top 24 on the PTC list who have earned the right to be there.

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
Monique wrote:

The Masters is a closed shop, the PTC's are not.

The Masters isnt a closed shop, anyone can win matches to get in the top 16 and qualify for it.

Just like they can qualify for the PTC Finals too

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:Masters in it's current format is nothing more than a glorified exho event <ok>

Rubbish, its one of the showpiece events of the season with bigger money on offer than all but 1 other tournament.

Exho <ok>

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Rubbish, its one of the showpiece events of the season with bigger money on offer than all but 1 other tournament.

Exho <ok>

how ?

u trying to say that players dont care about trying in the event where the riches are <doh>

Postby Bourne

Any rich clown can create a tournament and pump hundreds of thousands into it and invite the best players in the world to play ... means fack all, still won't get any ranking points. Makes me sick how people rate the Masters above the UK for instance <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Win 4 games to win the Masters = £150k
Win 5 games to win the Welsh = £30k

enough said really

TBH that says nothing being THE MASTER and getting on the Roll of honour is what the masters is all about not cash maybe soon tournaments in china might reach 150k that dont make them equal to the masters.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

enough said really

TBH that says nothing being THE MASTER and getting on the Roll of honour is what the masters is all about not cash maybe soon tournaments in china might reach 150k that dont make them equal to the masters.

ill believe that when i see it

for years weve heard of 100 million tv audiences in China, huge boom in the sport, the world fastest growing economy over there etc but yet the tournaments there still have paltry 200k prize funds on offer. Until the money is upped significantly theres always gonna be allegations of players not caring about the Chinese events, and them lacking prestige.

Money talks. End of :no:

Postby Roland

Bourne wrote:Any rich clown can create a tournament and pump hundreds of thousands into it and invite the best players in the world to play ... means fack all, still won't get any ranking points. Makes me sick how people rate the Masters above the UK for instance <doh>

You need a history lesson son :santa:

The Masters is one of the big 3 and it will be forever more. Just ask any of the players. You could create a new invitational with a million pounds to the winner and a BMW for a 147 and all that and invite who you want, a players career record will count a Masters win above anything like that.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:
Bourne wrote:Any rich clown can create a tournament and pump hundreds of thousands into it and invite the best players in the world to play ... means fack all, still won't get any ranking points. Makes me sick how people rate the Masters above the UK for instance <doh>

The Masters is one of the big 3 and it will be forever more. Just ask any of the players.

I know what history thinks of it, but that doesn't change the fact that in it's current guize, it can't be taken any more seriously than any of the other exhos we have on the calendar. Don't get me wrong though, I love watching it (though this years was pretty crap :chuckle: )

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
Sonny wrote:

The Masters is one of the big 3 and it will be forever more. Just ask any of the players.

I know what history thinks of it, but that doesn't change the fact that in it's current guize, it can't be taken any more seriously than any of the other exhos we have on the calendar. Don't get me wrong though, I love watching it (though this years was pretty crap :chuckle: )

current guise?

its still the same as far as i can see.

The move this year to the Ally Pally should take it to another level though i feel and offer the World Championsip a serious rival.

Big pressure on the UK and York to put on a show now i feel or else its in danger of becoming the forgotten Major moreso.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

enough said really

for years weve heard of 100 million tv audiences in China, huge boom in the sport, the world fastest growing economy over there etc but yet the tournaments there still have paltry 200k prize funds on offer. Until the money is upped significantly theres always gonna be allegations of players not caring about the Chinese events, and them lacking prestige.

money talks

in 1991 Jimmy White won 200k for winning the Mita World Masters his greatest achievement according to him was Winning the UK Championship a year later.

Re: Should the PTC finals carry ranking points? (Off topic s

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:This was all in the Pink Ribbon discussion topic that's why I split it :santa:

i was going to sugest that hahaha

PTC
MONEY

jesus it really went off on one lol

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

enough said really

money talks

in 1991 Jimmy White won 200k for winning the Mita World Masters his greatest achievement according to him was Winning the UK Championship a year later.

Obviously Jimmy or any other player would say that, cos its the politically correct answer not to alienate the fans.

The fact is every player would be trying twice as hard in the Mita Masters than they were in some ten bob ranker.