Post a reply

Should there be prize money for a 147 break?

Yes
73%
No
9%
Not bothered
18%

Total votes : 11

Re: Should there be a maximum break prize in snooker?

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:At the end of the day, money makes the World go round. Do I believe that players will be more willing to pass up the opportunity of a maximum if there's no financial incentive? Absolutely.

that is very very very sad and one of the reasons barry hearn felt like banging his head against a brick wall last season.

<doh>

Hearn said he didnt want to reward mediocrity

Well a 147 break is at the opposite end of the scale to mediocrity so therefore it should be rewarded

END OF :no:

Postby Wildey

having tantrums in PTC was the common thing because they felt it beneath them for so little money there's that word again .

yes money makes the world go round but 147 prize money wont.....

just say there was a rolling prize money for 147 would that include PTC ?
Last edited by Wildey on 02 Jun 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:Players cant give a buck about the sport as long as they can bleed every last penny from it.

Most sportspeople hate the sports they play once they get into it competitively. A fact of life. Ayrton Senna was a glaring ommision in that he said he could not give up Formula One because he loved it too much.

I think a maximum break should be rewarded. End of.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:Players cant give a buck about the sport as long as they can bleed every last penny from it.

Most sportspeople hate the sports they play once they get into it competitively. A fact of life. Ayrton Senna was a glaring ommision in that he said he could not give up Formula One because he loved it too much.

yes it should be rewarded but in the grand scheme of things its not important.....

Barry Hearn did not take it out without a good reason and for the same good reason he will put it back but honestly i wouldn't give a flying buck if he don't because it means nothing what so ever to me.

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

yes it should be rewarded but in the grand scheme of things its not important.....

Barry Hearn did not take it out without a good reason and for the same good reason he will put it back but honestly i wouldn't give a flying buck if he don't because it means nothing what so ever to me.

It ain't about me or you though

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

It ain't about me or you though

exactly so why are fans bothered one way or the other rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:That's bull mate. He's the only guy who really went for a maximum at the Crucible this year, and there was no massive prize money. He really went all out twice against Dominic Dale in an effort for a maximum. Graeme Dott turned down a much better opportunity when he had the frame all but wrapped up and played for a blue.

Well, then why make so much of a fuss when he only got £4,000 at the World Open? It only reflected badly on him. Even more so if it was against what he actually felt.

Point is, I can't see this would be such a huge issue amongst fans if this hadn't happened.

Postby Tubberlad

SnookerFan wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:That's bull mate. He's the only guy who really went for a maximum at the Crucible this year, and there was no massive prize money. He really went all out twice against Dominic Dale in an effort for a maximum. Graeme Dott turned down a much better opportunity when he had the frame all but wrapped up and played for a blue.

Well, then why make so much of a fuss when he only got £4,000 at the World Open? It only reflected badly on him. Even more so if it was against what he actually felt.

Point is, I can't see this would be such a huge issue amongst fans if this hadn't happened.

I agree with that actually. Sullivan certainly didn't look great making such a song and dance of the whole thing, it was stupid.

As for the fact it wouldn't be an issue, again, I agree, but I do think there shoul be a prize fund for it, certainly.