Post a reply

Re: UK Championships Good News about York BUT....

Postby Roland

"I'm not going to tough the majors"

Wild you are hilarious and hilariously deluded.

Yeah, let's show Hearn by showing our lack of support of the SWSA. You pin end!

The issue here is, there are so many events in the calendar now so what does it matter if the non big prize money qualifying events over longer formats are reduced slightly if the main event remains over longer format? Who is to say, there could end up being more longer format events at venues.

Postby PLtheRef

GJ wrote:dave hendon

why should uk quals be best of 17? 20 years ago they were best of 11. 10 years ago they were best of 9

Adds pointless days to qualifiers

Indeed they were, when there was an unrestricted tour of 250-300 professionals trying to qualify for tournaments. The problem is that the tournaments qualifying and finals are bunched now together - only Sheffield has any sort of break between the qualifiers and the finals, and the problem where the UK is concerned is playing the qualifiers and finals over two different formats, i.e. one session and two session. How the tour works now gives no time to players to develop into the best of 17 matches. Obviously in events like the Welsh, China tournaments etc they are played under one session, just like at the finals, so it has no adverse

The absolute minimum the UK Quals should be is best of 13, played under 6/7

And why did the players ask it to be extended from 11 to 17? Because of the reason I gave you

Postby Tubberlad

randam05 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
randam05 wrote:ARE THE QUALIFIERS GOING TO GLOUCESTER PLEASE?

I think so... give me a second

Thankyou tubber :-) <ok>

Yes, Hendon's blog say some qualifiers & PTCS will be in Gloucester

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:"I'm not going to tough the majors"

Wild you are hilarious and hilariously deluded.

Yeah, let's show Hearn by showing our lack of support of the SWSA. You pin end!

The issue here is, there are so many events in the calendar now so what does it matter if the non big prize money qualifying events over longer formats are reduced slightly if the main event remains over longer format? Who is to say, there could end up being more longer format events at venues.

thats just it when the uk qualifiers gets reduced its just a matter of time

barry can go to buck himself silly the format not reducing for no runt.,

Postby jojo

im with sonny on this one a better angle to look from i would rather hearn reduces the frames needed to win qualifying matches for all ranking events if it means making them longer frame format in the tv stages

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:im with sonny on this one a better angle to look from i would rather hearn reduces the frames needed to win qualifying matches for all ranking events if it means making them longer frame format in the tv stages

thats not going to happen

we really are on a slippery slope here and people accept it like some sunday school nurds.

Postby Tubberlad

I certainly won't call you deluded or a pin end because I know you want what's best for snooker, and I wouldn't agree with calling you that, but I honestly think this is much a do about nothing Wild. I don't care what they do with the qualifiers once they keep the tournament itself in it's current form.

Postby Roland

The qualifiers for the Worlds have become established though as I found out. That's a great little event in itself.

Tell you what, these best of 25 frame matches over 8,8,9 frames are pretty bloody good as a format and it would be great if they could somehow bring a few more of them in for finals.

Postby Roland

Tubberlad wrote:I certainly won't call you deluded or a pin end because I know you want what's best for snooker, and I wouldn't agree with calling you that, but I honestly think this is much a do about nothing Wild. I don't care what they do with the qualifiers once they keep the tournament itself in it's current form.

I called him a pin end for calling on people to boycott the qualifiers at SWSA. Not that he would've gone himself.

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:The qualifiers for the Worlds have become established though as I found out. That's a great little event in itself.

Tell you what, these best of 25 frame matches over 8,8,9 frames are pretty bloody good as a format and it would be great if they could somehow bring a few more of them in for finals.

It would work well for a UK final :hatoff: play the first session on a Saturday evening, then finish up the day after with a possible seventeen frames. Perfectly feasible.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:I certainly won't call you deluded or a pin end because I know you want what's best for snooker, and I wouldn't agree with calling you that, but I honestly think this is much a do about nothing Wild. I don't care what they do with the qualifiers once they keep the tournament itself in it's current form.

thing is tubber if i honestly thought that id not be this worried but i dont believe that for one second.

its the start to some of our worst nightmare..

its like chipping away at a rock until its reduced and reduces.... unless we as a unit makes a stand now in 5 years we will be watching a UK Championship played to the Masters format.

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:

thing is tubber if i honestly thought that id not be this worried but i dont believe that for one second.

its the start to some of our worst nightmare..

its like chipping away at a rock until its reduced and reduces.... unless we as a unit makes a stand now in 5 years we will be watching a UK Championship played to the Masters format.

I understand your concern, but I think it's too early to jump to that conclusion Wild. If the UK Championship were reduced to that kind of format though, I would be in staunch opposition.

Postby Wildey

by just letting authorities get away with a little thing they will push for something bigger....

its now we should say no or its too late.

Postby Wildey

jo jo

you know as well as me mate if people get away with things they will think of other things to get away with.

unless we put our foot down where will it stop.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Storm, teacup etc

thats how this country so screwed nobody up for a fight and just accept everything

Postby Bourne

Nice edit wild haha

But point stands, he has said he won't touch Worlds yet you still seem desperate to make that link, it's your insecurity I'm afraid.

Postby Tubberlad

Sorry Wild, I just think there's big difference between changing the qualifiers and the tournament proper in my opinion. Maybe I'm being a bit Neville Chamberlain about it, but I honestly think he knows better then to devalue the UK.

Postby Wildey

if there was a compromise even best of 11 quals and best of 31 final.

no nothing like that just reducing everything is on the agenda and its one way traffic to fucksvile.

dont say i did not tell you whats coming but obviously you don't give a buck and just like timmid mice will accept it without the balls to say get screwed bazza.

im dropping it now and will be telling you i told you so with bells on when theres talk of best of 11 main draw .

Postby PLtheRef

Havent I just spent nearly every post this evening criticising the decision?

Well it will be interesting to see players reactions, a few are still up

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:well we cant just sit back do buck all let him walk all over us.

i say we make a protest by nobody attending Gloucester to watch qualifiers if they reduce it from best of 17.

I'm going to Gloucester whether its best of 17 or best of 1 frame match. You got the wrong attitude. Boycotts do nothing but hurt the boycotter. I wanna see UK qualies............and I WILL. :win: :wave: <ok>