Post a reply

Re: UK Championships Good News about York BUT....

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:well we cant just sit back do intercourse all let him walk all over us.

i say we make a protest by nobody attending Gloucester to watch qualifiers if they reduce it from best of 17.

'we' ? When did you last attend :limp:

we them anyone just dont go to gloucster abnd hit them in the pockets

and gj where did dave say that because ill take bucking him on aswell.

tosser

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl :wave:

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:well we cant just sit back do buck all let him walk all over us.

i say we make a protest by nobody attending Gloucester to watch qualifiers if they reduce it from best of 17.

I'm going to Gloucester whether its best of 17 or best of 1 frame match. You got the wrong attitude. Boycotts do nothing but hurt the boycotter. I wanna see UK qualies............and I WILL. :win: :wave: <ok>

go then but dont start complaining when theres best of 11 frame matches in york in a few years.

its now we should make a stand <ok>

Postby Smart

You dont go anyway, so why are you complaining....................

Logistics come into this more than you can imagine, its not all about keeping tradition for tradition sake. Yes I prefer best of 17 a million per cent, but this change is not something to spit your dummy at.................... rofl rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:anyone who cares about the future of snooker should not go within a 100 yards of Gloucester for nothing to do with World Snooker.

im sorry sarah and paul but this is war

Wild - that statement you made is utter tripe. Hang your head in shame....... :irk:

its the truth and ill not go within a million miles to any bucking world snooker tournmament ever a bucking gain if Tosspot runt reduces the UK Qualifiers.

mate ive been more than you 3 years agpo you hadent been to a single bucking venue where ive been going since the mid 80s ok ive not gone last 3 years because of my mum having a stroke and got responsabilities but i wont be going again thats for sure.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I certainly won't call you deluded or a pin end because I know you want what's best for snooker, and I wouldn't agree with calling you that, but I honestly think this is much a do about nothing Wild. I don't care what they do with the qualifiers once they keep the tournament itself in it's current form.

I called him a pin end for calling on people to boycott the qualifiers at SWSA. Not that he would've gone himself.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl :dinner: :wave:

Postby Wildey

you lot are just accepting weaklings without any balls

Barry sais jump you say yes mr hearn how high ohhh mighty..

bucking losers

Postby Lucky

Wild wrote:
Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:anyone who cares about the future of snooker should not go within a 100 yards of Gloucester for nothing to do with World Snooker.

Wild - that statement you made is utter tripe. Hang your head in shame....... :irk:

its the truth and ill not go within a million miles to any bucking world snooker tournmament ever a bucking gain if Tosspot runt reduces the UK Qualifiers.

mate ive been more than you 3 years agpo you hadent been to a single bucking venue where ive been going since the mid 80s ok ive not gone last 3 years because of my mum having a stroke and got responsabilities but i wont be going again thats for sure.

You seem to think that the whole sport has a responsibility to keep the same as YOU like it. If the sponsors, players, TV companies and management feel that a re-jig of ANY tournament is necessary to move the sport forward then so be it. The demented ramblings of someone with far too much time on there hands won't change a thing <ok>

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:
Smart wrote:

You dont go and this is a convenient excuse not to go. Armchair fan, not a true supporter of the sport - FACT. :win: :wave: <ok>

Postby Smart

Lucky wrote:
Wild wrote:
Smart wrote:

You seem to think that the whole sport has a responsibility to keep the same as YOU like it. If the sponsors, players, TV companies and management feel that a re-jig of ANY tournament is necessary to move the sport forward then so be it. The demented ramblings of someone with far too much time on there hands won't change a thing <ok>

Lucky - well said :hatoff: <ok>

Postby GJ

i see wilds point but mate there are so mnay events if they have to cut something surely quallies is the only option

+ they used to be shorter format so i dont see a huge issue

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
davehendon David Hendon
@
@snookerisland I got called a twit by your mate Wild but I think I'll live

What did you say muppet?

i said i havent got a twiter acount because twitter is for twits

Postby GJ

MATE

did you complain when it used to be shorter format for uk quallies

if it helps make room for other events i cant see the issue

Postby SnookerFan

I'm kind of in the middle on this debate, actually. If you can call it a debate. I don't really go to qualifiers, so I don't give buck if they reduce them, as long as they leave the tournaments as they are.

But like Wild, I am worried that Mr. Hearn seems to think that short matches are more entertaining then long matches. I'm not saying that he will change the majors, but it'd be naive to say we are 100% sure he won't as well. I mean, after the World Open we had Davis and Parrot making out that shortening the World Championship was all but a guarantee. It wasn't obviously, but is Steve (A famous Barry Hearn bum chum.) Was Hearn testing the waters, see what we think?

Look, we all agree that long tournaments such as The Worlds and the UK should stay. Nobody is disputing this. I think making this clear to Hearn can't be a bad thing. But you've got to do it right. Sending e-mails to Hearn calling him a Trigger Happy sausage and threatening to rape his sisters if he changes the tournament is just going to make you look like a nutter, and is going to make Hearn flag your e-mails up as spam. He'll never read your e-mails again, and you'll have accomplished nothing. If you wish to make an objection, do so. In his own mental way, Wild does make a good point. Just because Hearn has done a lot of good for the sport, doesn't mean we shouldn't point out things we don't like. The point of trying new stuff is some of it sticks, some of it fails. And we shouldn't be scared to say when a new idea isn't working for us. That's just called Trial and Error. I certainly wouldn't want Hearn to think shorter matches are the way forward, every single time.

On the other hand swearing loudly and blindly accomplishes buck all. And neither does boycotting an event that you've never been to in your life.

Postby SnookerFan

And moving back to the subject at hand.

I never went to York, but I may go in December. I can see the objection to Telford by most people. The only reason I can think of it being there was it was cheaper for World Snooker to hire somewhere outside but near Birmingham, then it was to rent a place directly in the middle of a big city. Won't particuarly be missed. Though the TIC itself was quite nice, even if it didn't have the Crucible factor, because the people of Telford didn't give a buck whether it was there or not.

Did anybody go to York? Was it any better?

And Wembley Arena won't be missed. It didn't have as much atmosphere as they pretended it did on the BBC. I've been told the Ally Pally is difficult to get to. Another place I've never been. What's that like?

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:MATE

it used to be shorter format when you had 500 players playing in Blackpool not 96 there's no reason for it

and when you reached the final Qualifying Rounds it was at Best of 17 anyway.

Postby PLtheRef

GJ wrote:i see wilds point but mate there are so mnay events if they have to cut something surely quallies is the only option

Yes, but in a generation of best of 5 and best of 7 ranking finals it can grate, - that said, making comments personal Wild does very little good, other than bring the forum into disrepute. We've got one of the more known journalists in snooker, and what does a snookerisland

SWSA do a lot for the game, but since we dont like what the governing body are doing, why not make life hard for them, Paul, Sarah, Janie etc have done a lot for the game, and for charity, yet we want them run into the ground for taking on a so-called poisoned chalice.

I agree, the UK Quals should be a minimum best of 13, but I dont make scathing attacks against anyone who dare disagree

Wild - you are no doubt passionate about this sport, every single one of us here are, but it doesnt see everyone clamouring overboard.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:MATE

it used to be shorter format when you had 500 players playing in Blackpool not 96 there's no reason for it

and when you reached the final Qualifying Rounds it was at Best of 17 anyway.

<ok>

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:
GJ wrote:i see wilds point but mate there are so mnay events if they have to cut something surely quallies is the only option

Yes, but in a generation of best of 5 and best of 7 ranking finals it can grate, - that said, making comments personal Wild does very little good, other than bring the forum into disrepute. We've got one of the more known journalists in snooker, and what does a snookerisland

SWSA do a lot for the game, but since we dont like what the governing body are doing, why not make life hard for them, Paul, Sarah, Janie etc have done a lot for the game, and for charity, yet we want them run into the ground for taking on a so-called poisoned chalice.

I agree, the UK Quals should be a minimum best of 13, but I dont make scathing attacks against anyone who dare disagree

Wild - you are no doubt passionate about this sport, every single one of us here are, but it doesnt see everyone clamouring overboard.

im sorry if i offended anyone <ok>

Postby wheelsofsteel

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:
davehendon David Hendon
@
@snookerisland I got called a twit by your mate Wild but I think I'll live

What did you say muppet?

i said i havent got a twiter acount because twitter is for twits

... in the same way fan clubs are for f ....

Postby Sarah Mount

Please don't boycott us :crying:

I appreciate you are disappointed by their decision to cut the number of frames for the qualifiers but surely, if that is what they have decided to do it is better to be able to go and watch the best of 11's than have them played behind closed doors? From our point of view, the longer the matches, the more days of play we have the opportunity to sell tickets for and the more money we can reinvest in the Academy into our grass roots schemes but the calendar being busier seems to have dictated this change in format. People not coming to watch the UK Qualifiers will hurt the SWSA more than anyone. We were given a chance last year, albeit with a fortnights notice, and that has resulted in us being given further opportunities this season with the UK Qualifiers and two PTCs. This is our chance to prove that more should be played at the SWSA. A lot of the players are telling us they want to be playing in Gloucester so we have to try and make that happen.

We are delighted that we have been given the opportunity to stage three events next season and we truly hope we do them justice for both the spectators and the players. You can guarantee we will do everything we can to achieve this. Let's use these Pro events to filter money and opportunities into the grass roots of snooker so in ten years time we can all get excited over the next generation of young, talented players.

As I say Wild, I appreciate your disappointment and I know (or at least hope!) that it is nothing personal against us at the SWSA but I had to explain the importance to the SWSA of people supporting these events. I'm more than confident that I could not persuade you to attend the UK Quals but if your personal circumstances allow, it would be great to see you at one of the PTC events :)

Postby Wildey

Sarah Mount wrote:

Please don't boycott us :crying:

I appreciate you are disappointed by their decision to cut the number of frames for the qualifiers but surely, if that is what they have decided to do it is better to be able to go and watch the best of 11's than have them played behind closed doors? From our point of view, the longer the matches, the more days of play we have the opportunity to sell tickets for and the more money we can reinvest in the Academy into our grass roots schemes but the calendar being busier seems to have dictated this change in format. People not coming to watch the UK Qualifiers will hurt the SWSA more than anyone. We were given a chance last year, albeit with a fortnights notice, and that has resulted in us being given further opportunities this season with the UK Qualifiers and two PTCs. This is our chance to prove that more should be played at the SWSA. A lot of the players are telling us they want to be playing in Gloucester so we have to try and make that happen.

We are delighted that we have been given the opportunity to stage three events next season and we truly hope we do them justice for both the spectators and the players. You can guarantee we will do everything we can to achieve this. Let's use these Pro events to filter money and opportunities into the grass roots of snooker so in ten years time we can all get excited over the next generation of young, talented players.

As I say Wild, I appreciate your disappointment and I know (or at least hope!) that it is nothing personal against us at the SWSA but I had to explain the importance to the SWSA of people supporting these events. I'm more than confident that I could not persuade you to attend the UK Quals but if your personal circumstances allow, it would be great to see you at one of the PTC events :)

ive calmed down since

its just frustrating when everything is geared towards reduction without any need for it.

im just a bit apprehensive that its just the tip of the iceberg of reductions if it stays just regarding UK Qualifiers there is no problem but i fear its just the start.

Postby Wildey

everything else is the right way forward

although ive never been much to london the Wembley Arena just felt wrong somehow lets hope Allexanda Pallace is better

ive been 5 or 6 times to telford ill be honest i hated it so that needed a new venue lets hope York can be it rightful home

and Brilliant that World Snooker is taking snooker to SWA

JUST this Reduction is whats snake hissing me off.