Post a reply

Re: Tour Qualification !!!!

Postby Wildey

Family Life really should not be braught up in this discussion Barry Hearn had Kids while he was making his fortune he knows all about jugling family with a Job.

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:zzzzzzzzz snooker players still get far more time off to play Happy Families than the average man in the street

if there that concerned about juggling reading bedtime stories and changing nappies with being a professional sportsman, then maybe they shoulda kept it in their trousers at the time :D

You brought the subject. no me. And it's a pretty idiotic statement from someone who isn't in the situation to his own admission.
Last edited by Monique on 26 May 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:Family Life really should not be braught up in this discussion Barry Hearn had Kids while he was making his fortune he knows all about jugling family with a Job.

I would ask his family how present a father he was before stating that.

Postby Alpha

Witz78 wrote:zzzzzzzzz snooker players still get far more time off to play Happy Families than the average man in the street

if there that concerned about juggling reading bedtime stories and changing nappies with being a professional sportsman, then maybe they shoulda kept it in their trousers at the time :D

:hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Family Life really should not be braught up in this discussion Barry Hearn had Kids while he was making his fortune he knows all about jugling family with a Job.

far less present than the most busy snooker player will ever be.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:

far less present than the most busy snooker player will ever be.

You're living with them Wild?

The very simple fact is that you don't know.

Postby Roland

Being away from family to earn a crust is nothing new. It's called life.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Being away from family to earn a crust is nothing new. It's called life.

and its not easy and its not exclusive to sportstars.

ive lived around long haul lorry drivers all my life they lived in their wagon from sunday night to friday night it was their decition to follow that path the same way its snooker or sport stars right to follow what they love or dont ....Barry Hearn is not responsable for private lives thats the decition of individuals....but if they want to be snooker players thats what they do these days

Postby Alpha

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:Being away from family to earn a crust is nothing new. It's called life.

and its not easy and its not exclusive to sportstars.

ive lived around long haul lorry drivers all my life they lived in their wagon from sunday night to friday night it was their decition to follow that path the same way its snooker or sport stars right to follow what they love or dont ....Barry Hearn is not responsable for private lives thats the decition of individuals....but if they want to be snooker players thats what they do these days

And the sooner the millionaire top players realise this, the better and easier it will be.

Postby Monique

And I didn't say otherwise. But it can be a difficult choice and nobody on this board or elsewhere as a right to make the decision for the players or to brand them "lazy" or other things if their choice is to try and get a balance between their private life and their professional life.
Fathering children is a commitment to care about them, or at least it should be. It's called being responsible.

I suggest to Wild (and others), if he has the opportunity, to listen carefully to what Hendry had to say when he was interviewed by Hazel on May 2, 2012, ahead of the afternoon session at the Crucible, after announcing his retirement the previous day. This is a man who's commitment to the game can't be challenged, can it? So listen Wild, maybe if Hendry says it, you will accept it better than coming from me.

Postby Witz78

Hendry just used that "its a young, single mans game" line to justify walking away and his poor performances and attitude in the last few years

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:Hendry just used that "its a young, single mans game" line to justify walking away and his poor performances and attitude in the last few years

That's not what I'm about and that's not hat he was about in that interview neither.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Hendry just used that "its a young, single mans game" line to justify walking away and his poor performances and attitude in the last few years

if Hendry was Winning Matches he would not walk away.

if Hendry was winning Tournaments it would Drive him harder to win more

so you are Right Witz shock horror :dizzy: