Post a reply

Re: Tour Qualification !!!!

Postby snooky147

Wild WC wrote:
snooky147 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Snooky

ive seen people getting cripled by Silicosis on a minimum wage with kids to suport Your telling me its not the same thing.

Its not, you and hearn are comparing against people who were never brought up with any intentions of going down the mines to work. They were brought up in a completly different environment. And for the record i have the greatest of respect for those who did.

Point is mate thoes people that went down the mines would swap their lives with snooker players in a heartbeat lets ask on twitter who would rather jack in snooker to go down mines....

Its not as simple as that and you know that mate. You make all these players sound selfish and crass and with no respect for those people who do extremely difficult and dangerous work. This is simply not the case. But these players as i said were brought up in different environments and stop making things so black and white when their not.

Postby Wildey

i have a real problems with the well off counting their pennies snooker players arent mega rich no but it really no wander that they arent TBH because sacrifices dont come easy to them it seems its just one moan after another from some.

Postby snooky147

Wild WC wrote:i have a real problems with the well off counting their pennies snooker players arent mega rich no but it really no wander that they arent TBH because sacrifices dont come easy to them it seems its just one moan after another from some.

You really have no clue as to the sacrifices some of these guy's made in order to become pro's. Oh and by the way sacrifices shouldn't come easy to anyone.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:i have a real problems with the well off counting their pennies snooker players arent mega rich no but it really no wander that they arent TBH because sacrifices dont come easy to them it seems its just one moan after another from some.

You really have no clue as to the sacrifices some of these guy's made in order to become pro's. Oh and by the way sacrifices shouldn't come easy to anyone.

WRONG WRONG AND WRONG AGAIN.

Best in whatever fieled has to make massive sacrifices or they get nowhere in their chosen profesion. Snooker players arent propere to make it at all they want something back from snooker without going out and get it.

what they have done to became pros is nothing absalutly buck all its been british based sport and they want it to continue in that vein because they cant sacrifice to get to where the action is without one big bucking moan.

Overseas Players has had to do the sacrifices Brits hasent had to until NOW.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

WRONG WRONG AND WRONG AGAIN.

Best in whatever fieled has to make massive sacrifices or they get nowhere in their chosen profesion. Snooker players arent propere to make it at all they want something back from snooker without going out and get it.

what they have done to became pros is nothing absalutly buck all its been british based sport and they want it to continue in that vein because they cant sacrifice to get to where the action is without one big bucking moan.

Overseas Players has had to do the sacrifices Brits hasent had to until NOW.

:hatoff:

Postby snooky147

Who the hell are you to so self righteously condemn these players as moaners. its you and your pious attitude thats wrong.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
snooky147 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Snooky

ive seen people getting cripled by Silicosis on a minimum wage with kids to suport Your telling me its not the same thing.

Its not, you and hearn are comparing against people who were never brought up with any intentions of going down the mines to work. They were brought up in a completly different environment. And for the record i have the greatest of respect for those who did.

Point is mate thoes people that went down the mines would swap their lives with snooker players in a heartbeat lets ask on twitter who would rather jack in snooker to go down mines....

And those who would answer have no clue what it takes because they only have a "dream" image of what it is. They only see the arena, the applauses and think it's fun to travel because when they do, they do it by choice, not necessity and more often than not for holidays. They have no idea about the boredom of routine practice after years as a pro, they have no idea of the stress when your form lets you down and your career is a risk, they have no idea of the loneliness of hotel rooms, week after week, year after year and the temptations it induces. So those answer would have no value at all and that type of "referendum" on twitter would be just as crass populism as Hearns remarks.

If guys who are down to the mines really want to be snooker players, why don't they do it? Ask yourself. Why? Ray Raerdon did it.
Answer: because they aren't good enough and/or they haven't put the work in to become good enough. It's that simple.

Postby Monique

Yes the best in ever field have to make sacrifices: be it to become a snooker player, a scientist, an artist or whatever they have to put the work in, very hard work. Those guys have done that. They deserve what they earn. Most of them actually deserve more considering the efforts they did put in. They also deserve respect for their efforts, which Hearn isn't giving them. Don't ask them in addition to be out of their pockets so that already rich businessmen can become richer and more successful and armchair fans with far too much time on their hands can watch snooker 24/7 .

And a very last word: by devaluating his players, it's his own business Hearn is devaluating. But I'm afraid he's too arrogant to see it.

Postby Wildey

no they havent all they have done is get to play a hobby for a living so far thats not sacrificing anything

Barry Hearn has come in and changed things from a little hobby in to a proffesion and most not all dont like the fact their cosy members club where they meet up every few weeks has become full time.

Postby Wildey

and BTW They dont have to like it but what other people do when new management comes in to a buisness and change things whitch they dont like is to look for another job not expect the new boss to do things to suit the workforce.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:no they havent all they have done is get to play a hobby for a living so far thats not sacrificing anything

Barry Hearn has come in and changed things from a little hobby in to a proffesion and most not all dont like the fact their cosy members club where they meet up every few weeks has become full time.

Sorry Wild, but if you really think that before Hearn came around they were playing a hobby for a living, you know nothing at all about your sport of choice and what it takes to stay at the top in any sporting discipline, even when competition opportunities are scarce. It just shows how little you know about the reality of life on the MT. And you can swear and insult me until you get a seizure, that won't change anything. It's just a ridiculous statement.

And management isn't there to please the workforce, but they aren't suppose to treat them like slaves neither; it never lasts BTW as human resources are the most valuable asset of every enterprise and the guys with skills and talent will find work elsewhere if not treated fairly.
Anyway the snooker players aren't Hearn's workforce. They are self-employed and there is no way in the long term that they can or should work hard AND lose money which is exactly what the likes of you seem to expect from them.

Postby Alpha

The British players now know what the Chinese and other international players have to go through just to keep their pro status every year. 9 months spent living out of a suitcase in a faraway land and in a different culture and language. I'd much sooner Hearn sorted them out first. Having to qualify for their own tournaments in the UK is utterly ridiculous.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Anyway the snooker players aren't Hearn's workforce. They are self-employed and there is no way in the long term that they can or should work hard AND lose money which is exactly what the likes of you seem to expect from them.

do you have any idea what being self employed is well ill tell you WORK your bucking socks off to make your buisness work for you that means working all hours i know because my dad did just that

as a kid i hardly ever spent time with him working 7 day week 6 til 6 and then when he retired he could sell the buisness for a handy proffit along with his partners.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:Anyway the snooker players aren't Hearn's workforce. They are self-employed and there is no way in the long term that they can or should work hard AND lose money which is exactly what the likes of you seem to expect from them.

do you have any idea what being self employed is well ill tell you WORK your bucking socks off to make your buisness work for you that means working all hours i know because my dad did just that

as a kid i hardly ever spent time with him working 7 day week 6 til 6 and then when he retired he could sell the buisness for a handy proffit along with his partners.

Actually YES Wild, I AM self-employed.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Actually YES Wild, I AM self-employed.

so is Barry Hearn so he knows exactly how much work and hardship self employed people have to go through to make money

Postby Wildey

im droping this now im not in the mood for all this crappy rubbish

Postby Monique

Yes to make money. He shouldn't expect the players to accept to lose money, when actually delivering what is expected from them: quality sport and winning matches. He wouldn't do it himself, you know.

And, yes, as a self-employed, you can accept and sometimes must invest money into something that might be profitable in the future. But you can only do that if you can afford it, not if you'll go bankrupt with it, and only after assessing your risks and possible benefits, for your business, not someone else. Self-employed people do turn jobs down, when the risks are too high, all the time. It doesn't make them "lazy". It's just being sensible.

Postby Wildey

in the first few years all new ventures Lose Money but they have a 5 or 10 year plan to start Racking it in thats what being self employed and willing to take a risk means

Being self employed means theres no guaranteed wage from week to week but you spend plenty trying to make it work long term.

Postby snooky147

If he reigned back on 5, yes 5 tournaments and spread that money a bit further it would help development more than it is now cramming in a tournament a week practically.
I dont want the bad old days but theres a difference between being sensible and flooding the market hoping for a hit.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:If he reigned back on 5, yes 5 tournaments and spread that money a bit further it would help development more than it is now cramming in a tournament a week practically.
I dont want the bad old days but theres a difference between being sensible and flooding the market hoping for a hit.

and people ask why scotish snooker is in such a mess.

Postby Witz78

for real sacrifices in sport look at tennis players

they go off abroad to coaching schools as teenagers and then live out of a suitcase globetrotting from country to country every week playing in events.

Yes theres more money but thats down to the players attitude, dedication and professionalism. Look at Nadal and Federer for example, both with probably 100million in the bank easily yet they still have desire to play as many events as they can when they could become lazy and just decide to focus on the Slams.

Snooker stars are a bunch of pampered pansies compared to tennis players.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:

he obviously didnt want to pass it down to you then, cant think why :john:

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:for real sacrifices in sport look at tennis players

they go off abroad to coaching schools as teenagers and then live out of a suitcase globetrotting from country to country every week playing in events.

Yes theres more money but thats down to the players attitude, dedication and professionalism. Look at Nadal and Federer for example, both with probably 100million in the bank easily yet they still have desire to play as many events as they can when they could become lazy and just decide to focus on the Slams.

There is a LOT more money and that's all that matters in the eyes of some. Most of them live as singles. They have time ahead anyway, most will retire in early 30th with a fortune. But those who don't might start asking themselves questions when their kids will look at them and say "Sir?". Don't laugh. It happened to someone I know and it was the biggest shock in his life.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:in the first few years all new ventures Lose Money but they have a 5 or 10 year plan to start Racking it in thats what being self employed and willing to take a risk means

Being self employed means theres no guaranteed wage from week to week but you spend plenty trying to make it work long term.

Being self-employed means you don't take jobs when it's a certainty to lose money. Simple. No self-employed person will gamble their future on what others or markets will/might do in an hypothetic future on a five year timeframe. Get real. Live goes on in the mean time, bills must be paid, food must be bought.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:in the first few years all new ventures Lose Money but they have a 5 or 10 year plan to start Racking it in thats what being self employed and willing to take a risk means

Being self-employed means you don't take jobs when it's a certainty to lose money. Simple. No self-employed person will gamble their future on what others or markets will/might do in an hypothetic future on a five year timeframe. Get real. Live goes on in the mean time, bills must be paid, food must be bought.

i am real theres people taking risks in being self employed but for every success story theres a hell of a lot of failures..

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:

i am real theres people taking risks in being self employed but for every success story theres a hell of a lot of failures..

Well if you are self-employed and have any brains and ethics you don't take unduly risks, especially when you have responsibilities towards other people, children, relatives, partners etc. Simple as that. And people blaming you for it are just idiots who are not in your shoes and are not in a position to judge.

Postby snooky147

Wild WC wrote:
snooky147 wrote:If he reigned back on 5, yes 5 tournaments and spread that money a bit further it would help development more than it is now cramming in a tournament a week practically.

and people ask why scotish snooker is in such a mess.

Dont be such a bucking smart ass.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:
Witz78 wrote:for real sacrifices in sport look at tennis players

There is a LOT more money and that's all that matters in the eyes of some. Most of them live as singles. They have time ahead anyway, most will retire in early 30th with a fortune. But those who don't might start asking themselves questions when their kids will look at them and say "Sir?". Don't laugh. It happened to someone I know and it was the biggest shock in his life.

plenty of tennis players are in relationships and have kids too

Postby Monique

Nadal 26
Djokovic 25
Murray 25
Federer 30 and considered an "oldie". He's the only one of the "big four" married with two children still very young, not at school so that should he wish he can take them with him at tournies. Wife herself a former pro and in business with him. Career earnings (sponsorship not included) $ 70,658,944 …

Don't tell me it's comparable because it isn't and you bloody know it.

Postby Witz78

zzzzzzzzz snooker players still get far more time off to play Happy Families than the average man in the street

if there that concerned about juggling reading bedtime stories and changing nappies with being a professional sportsman, then maybe they shoulda kept it in their trousers at the time :D