Post a reply

Re: Shot Clock

Postby SnookerFan

thetubberlad wrote:Random, you clearly hold a very different view to me, and I'm fine with that.

I though last year's Premier League was dire. Worst tournament of the season, along with the Grand Prix. I never said it encouraged negative safeties, but to bring us on to a different point, I think shot-clock would do just that with journeymen involved.

I do watch Premier League occasionally, but with nowhere near as much interest as a ranking event. I think the game seems a bit rushed, and you can see some awful rushed shots played, which don't look good. I'm a purist I guess. I think it particuarly devalues the art of good safety, which more often than not take more than 25 seconds.

I'll give you one thing though: I think the Premier League is the perfect tournament for a shot-clock. It's what sets it apart.

It's a bit like a blondes-brunette argument. If you had two equally beautiful girls, one with blonde hair and one with dark hair, I'd always go for the dark one. Why? Well, I've nothing against blondes, lovely people, and great fun... but they're just missing that something you're gunna get from a brunette (generally between the ears). Premier League is a blonde tournament :wave:

I am not sure I would quite put it in those terms. But I agree with you. I aint too fussed about the PL. For me personally I'd find the Welsh Open more interesting.

If I got asked the question above. I'd have answered "None of them."