Post a reply

Re: Latest Provisional Rankings Discussion Topic

Postby Witz78

Rocket_ron wrote:also shows what a poor season some have had like ronnie and mark allen and robbo to say he was WC at the time

espec when you think that he won the 2nd ranker of the season at a massive 7,000 pts and at that point must have been near the top of the 1 year list, it shows how poor his form was from then on

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:also shows what a poor season some have had like ronnie and mark allen and robbo to say he was WC at the time

espec when you think that he won the 2nd ranker of the season at a massive 7,000 pts and at that point must have been near the top of the 1 year list, it shows how poor his form was from then on

agreed

Re: Should Hendry get a Masters wildcard?

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:who says its his last year apart from you though Case?

Hes gonna look dafter if he retires this year a few months after cancelling his retirement plans and saying he was up for the fight. Only last week he said he wanted to get back into the top 8 after all.

If he cant be fussed fighting back into the top 16 then that cements Davis as the true modern era icon of the game.

It was much easier for Davis because there was no PTC events. Hendry said he would give it 'one more go', he never said he was coming back for multiple years. He will of course try and get back in there before the end of the season but I don't think he will make it and he also said being in the top 16 was a major fact in him not giving it up last season.

good point i doubt that davis would have got back in the top 16 at that time if there was the tour they have today provisionally Davis got as low as 31 or 32 before he got back....with PTC he might have sunk quicker.

Postby Wildey

someone make a minus PTC Ranking list i bet Hendry stil there in the top 16 unlike Williams and Davis who droped way out without PTC.

Postby Wildey

Minus PTC Points

Hendry 32,060
Ronnie 31,060
Gould 24,968
Lee 24,890

it just shows why Hendry has Fallen out of the top 16 how he would stil be there under the old 6,7 or 8 Ranking Tournaments and how important PTC is for players now.

Postby PLtheRef

Wild wrote:Minus PTC Points

Hendry 32,060
Ronnie 31,060
Gould 24,968
Lee 24,890

it just shows why Hendry has Fallen out of the top 16 how he would stil be there under the old 6,7 or 8 Ranking Tournaments and how important PTC is for players now.

Dare someone suggest that it shows that the 'new' regime place two much emphasis on the PTC Events?

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:

Hendry 32,060
Ronnie 31,060
Gould 24,968
Lee 24,890

Dare someone suggest that it shows that the 'new' regime place two much emphasis on the PTC Events?

i worked that out because of this line "If he cant be fussed fighting back into the top 16 then that cements Davis as the true modern era icon of the game." facts is under the system that saw Steve drop out Hendry wouldnt have so no need to fight back.

but i stil agree with whats being done.

Postby Casey

I think at some stage they will have to work it out that only your best 6 PTC results count towards your ranking...or something along those lines.

However for now, enjoy all the free flowing snooker on TV.

Postby Witz78

Hendry 32,060
Ronnie 31,060
Gould 24,968
Lee 24,890

is this actually based on the last 2 seasons (ie, the provisional rolling rankings) less the PTC points from last and this season?

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

Hendry 32,060
Ronnie 31,060
Gould 24,968
Lee 24,890

is this actually based on the last 2 seasons (ie, the provisional rolling rankings) less the PTC points from last and this season?

yes its based on matt pro snooker blog seeding list minus all PTC Points

Selby has picked up 16,200 PTC Ranking points in 17 events Hendry 2,200 points lol

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Are they having wildcards at The Masters this year? They didn't last year, this question will be rendered irrelevant if there are no wildcards. With the rolling ranking systems they are only necessary if somebody not in the top-16 wins the UK Championship anyway. Unlike previously where a qualifier could have a brilliant few months, and still not be at The Masters.

If they do have them, I still say don't give them to Hendry. I know the temptation is to give it to somebody popular to sell more tickets, but Hendry's form has been so dire this year. Can anybody say he deserves it?

Yes your right about the Wildcard being needed if a non top 16 player won the UK, so why not just update the rankings after the UK and then this way the true current top 16 Masters of the game are playing at Ally Pally.

i hope next season its being put clearer and sensible.

but the biggest joke is the WC Seedings theres 4 bloody events between cut off and the tournament :sad:

Postby Witz78

yeh updating them more often gives more importance to every event rather than players looking at 3 or 4 events at a time as a block or mini season where they aim to do well, if anything all it encourages is consistency.

That WC cut off is a joke. In reality someone could actually be 17th a few points behind the cut off after Welsh Open and be forced to play WC qualifiers 2 months later by which time they might have won the Indian Open, China Open, World Open and PTC Finals racking up 22,ooo ranking points in that time, but alas, still having to play a qualifier for WC.

Postby Wildey

getting a ticket to the crucible without having to go through the blood and guts of the badminton hall EIS would have given this season added excitement

between cut off and the qualifying theres 22,000 Ranking points up for grabs theres 11,000 points just by reaching 4 quarter finals now any fool knows thats just too much points to count for nothing in a rolling ranking system.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:getting a ticket to the crucible without having to go through the blood and guts of the badminton hall EIS would have given this season added excitement

between cut off and the qualifying theres 22,000 Ranking points up for grabs theres 11,000 points just by reaching 4 quarter finals now any fool knows thats just too much points to count for nothing in a rolling ranking system.

yeh thats 1,000 more than winning the WC full stop aint it to put it into perspective so of course these points from 4 tournys should be brought into the equation,

why not?

its meant to be rolling rankings so why not roll them properly like other sports do.

Imagine someone who won the French Open in tennis not playing at Wimbledon cos the rankings cut off for Wimbledon had already happened :chuckle: <doh>

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:getting a ticket to the crucible without having to go through the blood and guts of the badminton hall EIS would have given this season added excitement

yeh thats 1,000 more than winning the WC full stop aint it to put it into perspective so of course these points from 4 tournys should be brought into the equation,

why not?

its meant to be rolling rankings so why not roll them properly like other sports do.

Imagine someone who won the French Open in tennis not playing at Wimbledon cos the rankings cut off for Wimbledon had already happened :chuckle: <doh>

I'm imagining .............................
:excite: :excite: :excite:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

why not?

even if the cut off point was before the China Open that would be something but to have it in February with so much snooker to play just ruins the whole concept... christ with that many points someone could be in the top 8 in the world and having to qualify.

Postby roy142857

Apologies if someone has mentioned this before (rather short of time so haven't checked), but looks to me a big discrepancy on how Aditya Mehta's points add up on Matt's list, also a small discrepancy on Tom Ford's points. Anyone know whether the totals are correct?

Postby Witz78

prob best asking Matt himself to be honest Roy as hes always keen for people to point out any errors or queries they have.

I see hes holding a rankings live forum chat tonight at 7, unfortunately im out for a meal tonight so will have to miss that. Would have enjoyed airing my views on that.

Postby Wildey

Looking at the Rankings and PTC 6 Draw Ken Dohertys place in the Top 32 is more than Likely Over for Now

he is currently 32nd 510 points ahead of McLeod and not entered PTC 6

McLeod PTC 6 Draw Looks like this Qualifier >David Grace=560 points

Postby roy142857

Witz78 wrote:prob best asking Matt himself to be honest Roy as hes always keen for people to point out any errors or queries they have.

I see hes holding a rankings live forum chat tonight at 7, unfortunately im out for a meal tonight so will have to miss that. Would have enjoyed airing my views on that.

Visiting potential secondary schools with my son last night so a missed opportunity for me to ask too, not sure how else I'd contact Matt as he's disabled comments on the projected seedings page. Looking a bit more closely now, Mehta's not just down from where I'd expect but also the points Matt lists don't match the point total. Quite happy for someone else to let him know about this!

Postby Matt_2745

Hi Roy,

I've just been pointed in this direction. Firstly thanks for pointing out about comments being disabled, that's the second time I've done that completely by accident!

Re: Aditya, there was a typo (an extra 0) in there previously that I removed yesterday after it was pointed out, but now I think it's correct unless I'm missing something...

Postby Wildey

Movers and Shakers Cut Off October 2011

Top 16

IN
Stuart Bingham
Stephen Lee
Martin Gould

OUT
Jamie Cope
Peter Ebdon
Stephen Hendry

Top 32

IN
Fergal O'Brien
Tom Ford

OUT
Liang Wenbo
Gerard Greene

Top 48

IN
Jack Lisowski
Alan Mcmanus
Joe Jogia

OUT
Barry Pinches
Mark Joyce
Tony Drago

Top 64

IN
Ben Woollaston
James Wattana

OUT
Rod Lawler
Ian Mcculloch

Postby GJ

Good to see robbo having a nice lead over the man expected to overtake him the rankings according to experts on here

And this included the decuction of his 2009 gp win

good times