Dott v. Qualifier
Selby v. Qualifier
Maguire v. Qualifier
Allen v. Qualifier
Walden v. Qualifier
Higgins v. Qualifier

Re: Latest Provisional Rankings Discussion Topic

Postby Casey

Has to go down as one of the greatest comebacks of all time. Williams had one chance from 9-5 and got it to snookers required. Higgins gave him little and the one chance he did get it was a difficult cannon shot that didn't go right.

It was good to see great respect between John and Mark.

Postby Alex0paul

Swail has dropped to 56th after losing his Welsh Open runner up points! Hope he can claw back into the 48 before the WC.

Postby Casey

Alex0paul WC wrote:Provisional World Championship draw

Robertson v. Qualifier
Bingham v. Qualifier
O'Sullivan v. Qualifier
Carter v. Qualifier
Murphy v. Qualifier
Ebdon v. Qualifier
Cope v. Qualifier
Ding v. Qualifier
Williams v. Qualifier
Hendry v. Qualifier
Dott v. Qualifier
Selby v. Qualifier
Maguire v. Qualifier
Allen v. Qualifier
Walden v. Qualifier
Higgins v. Qualifier

Bingham isn't in the top 16 :chin:

Postby Alex0paul

case_master wrote:

Robertson v. Qualifier
Bingham v. Qualifier
O'Sullivan v. Qualifier
Carter v. Qualifier
Murphy v. Qualifier
Ebdon v. Qualifier
Cope v. Qualifier
Ding v. Qualifier
Williams v. Qualifier
Hendry v. Qualifier
Dott v. Qualifier
Selby v. Qualifier
Maguire v. Qualifier
Allen v. Qualifier
Walden v. Qualifier
Higgins v. Qualifier

He is in the provisional rankings for the next and final cut off for the WC

Postby Casey

Alex0paul WC wrote:
case_master wrote:

Robertson v. Qualifier
Bingham v. Qualifier
O'Sullivan v. Qualifier
Carter v. Qualifier
Murphy v. Qualifier
Ebdon v. Qualifier
Cope v. Qualifier
Ding v. Qualifier
Williams v. Qualifier
Hendry v. Qualifier
Dott v. Qualifier
Selby v. Qualifier
Maguire v. Qualifier
Allen v. Qualifier
Walden v. Qualifier
Higgins v. Qualifier

He is in the provisional rankings for the next and final cut off for the WC

Are points earned from the German event included before the cut off point?

Postby Wildey

German and Welsh Open

Bingham is in place at the mo its up to others to replace him.

Hendry not guaranteed but he is 3,200 off the drop Zone so he has a great chance to be seeded at the crucible but this could be his last season as a pro i really think he will quit unless he can string pots together between now and may.

Postby Alex0paul

wildJONESEYE wrote:German and Welsh Open

Hendry not guaranteed but he is 3,200 off the drop Zone so he has a great chance to be seeded at the crucible but this could be his last season as a pro i really think he will quit unless he can string pots together between now and may.

You'd think he would need one win to be absolutely sure but I think the top 14 are pretty safe. The scramble for the other two positions will be interesting as 2500 points separate 16th and 26th.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:German and Welsh Open

You'd think he would need one win to be absolutely sure but I think the top 14 are pretty safe. The scramble for the other two positions will be interesting as 2500 points separate 16th and 26th.

yes Hendry definitely needs a win but only one win out of 2 tournaments if he cant manage that well tough he should walk away.

Postby Roland

Matt at Prosnookerblog has updated the one year list which doesn't mean anything in terms of rolling rankings but it's a guide for the season:

http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2010 ... -rankings/

a few surprises there.

Mark Williams and Mark Selby are number 1 and 2 respectively.

:D

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Matt at Prosnookerblog has updated the one year list which doesn't mean anything in terms of rolling rankings but it's a guide for the season:

http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2010 ... -rankings/

a few surprises there.

Mark Williams and Mark Selby are number 1 and 2 respectively.

:D

jesus Hendry better placed than i thought he was TBH.

a win tomorrow will take him in to the top 32 of that list despite winning only 3 PTC Match.

Postby Wildey

Sirius B wrote:I know the one year list means noting but its my favourite of all the lists because i like to see who the `in form` players are

its a good guide of how important the PTC is for players look at jamie jones at 25th hes never played at a venue i dont think.

Next season players will have to show respect to the PTC or they could be basically screwed.

Postby Rocket_ron

Wild wrote:
Sirius B wrote:I know the one year list means noting but its my favourite of all the lists because i like to see who the `in form` players are

its a good guide of how important the PTC is for players look at jamie jones at 25th hes never played at a venue i dont think.

Next season players will have to show respect to the PTC or they could be basically screwed.

i agree, play time is over

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:

Jamie Jones played in the 06 Grand Prix round robin and should've beaten Murphy 3-0 on tv but lost 3-2.

Postby Monique

I'm not very sure this list shows who the "in-form" players are. Look where Jimmy White is and how he actually did play when we got to see him. Look at Selby, who seems to be back to form now but hasn't exactly been earlier in the season: he's made rather early exits in both BBC ranking events this seasons, and in the Masters - he still nearly tops the table.
I think it's at least as much a reflection of players dedication than it is of their form. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not the same thing.

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:I'm not very sure this list shows who the "in-form" players are. Look where Jimmy White is and how he actually did play when we got to see him. Look at Selby, who seems to be back to form now but hasn't exactly been earlier in the season: he's made rather early exits in both BBC ranking events this seasons, and in the Masters - he still nearly tops the table.
I think it's at least as much a reflection of players dedication than it is of their form. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not the same thing.

Spot on <cool> :D

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:I'm not very sure this list shows who the "in-form" players are. Look where Jimmy White is and how he actually did play when we got to see him. Look at Selby, who seems to be back to form now but hasn't exactly been earlier in the season: he's made rather early exits in both BBC ranking events this seasons, and in the Masters - he still nearly tops the table.

Mark made a SF and a final out of 4 rankers played and he also won a PTC. Its not a bad record this season.

Postby Wildey

yes but the list shows how important the PTC is for players from now on .......next season even more so.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

yes but the list shows how important the PTC is for players from now on .......next season even more so.

yeh Wilds right here Monique, dedication to play the PTCs will be rewarded as the one year rankings are clearly reflecting this throughout. <ok>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:yeh Wilds right here Monique

BOOKMARKED

PRINT SCREEN

USE AS DESK TOP BACKGROUND

<ok> <ok> <ok>

rofl

not so fast Mr.Wild :no:

Its only regarding the PTC and its importance etc

Think weve unanimously been in agreement about the PTC since day 1 <ok>

next season a lot of the players will be too <doh>

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

yeh Wilds right here Monique, dedication to play the PTCs will be rewarded as the one year rankings are clearly reflecting this throughout. <ok>

I never challenged that. What I'm not so sure is that it does reflect "form". It rather reflects a mixture of form and "dedication". I also never said that this was wrong.

Postby Wildey

yes its no indication of form Ronnie could be flying but if he not playing he cant add points.

however i think Mark Williams being top is fair reflection of Form and he should be there.

Postby Wildey

if Higgins wins tomorrow the Provisional top 5 for seeding cut off after the WC will look like this

1 Mark Williams 51,480
2 John Higgins 45,320
3 Ding Junhui 45,080
4 Neil Robertson 44,040
5 Mark Selby 43,445

if Higgins Loses

1 Mark Williams 51,480
2 Ding Junhui 45,080
3 John Higgins 44,32o
4 Neil Robertson 44,080
5 Mark Selby 43,445

Postby Rocket_ron

Wild wrote:if Higgins wins tomorrow the Provisional top 5 for seeding cut off after the WC will look like this

1 Mark Williams 51,480
2 John Higgins 45,320
3 Ding Junhui 45,080
4 Neil Robertson 44,040
5 Mark Selby 43,445

if Higgins Loses

1 Mark Williams 51,480
2 Ding Junhui 45,080
3 John Higgins 44,32o
4 Neil Robertson 44,080
5 Mark Selby 43,445

very good top 5 that, where will mags be?