Post a reply

Jason Ferguson has been appointed as Chairman of the WPBSA

Postby Monique

http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC3_news(J ... 5FChairman)-2422.htm?tid=185
Jason Ferguson Appointed WPBSA Chairman
Following a WPBSA Board meeting on Thursday, July 22, Jason Ferguson has been appointed as Chairman of the WPBSA.

Ferguson, a former professional player who spent four years ranked among the world's top 32, was co-opted on to the Board in May. This will be his second spell as WPBSA Chairman.

He is currently non-executive Director of the award winning Sherwood Environmental Village Limited including the Chairman of Audit for the company as well as currently holding public office as the Mayor of his home town, Ollerton, Notts.

Ferguson said: "I am delighted to take up the position of WPBSA Chairman. I have been passionate about snooker throughout my life, so it's fantastic to be involved at what is an incredibly exciting time for the sport. My fellow board members and I will be working extremely hard to fulfill our roles in snooker's brave new world."

David Douglas, the former Detective Chief Superintendent of the Metropolitan Police who joined the Board in April, is now Vice-Chairman. Six-times World Champion Steve Davis is also a director.

Having been given the green light in a players' vote last month to go ahead with his blueprint for snooker's future, Barry Hearn has resigned from the WPBSA Board and taken up position as Chairman of the World Snooker Limited Board. Brandon Parker has also resigned from the WPBSA Board. The WSL Board comprises:

Barry Hearn (chair)

Brandon Parker

Steve Dawson

Eddy Hearn

Nigel Oldfield

Miles Pearce

Jason Ferguson (WPBSA representative)

The WPBSA will now proceed with constitutional changes to update the existing articles to meet its new requirements as a regulatory body, responsible for matters including rules, drugs testing and billiards.

So, this now essentially means that the commercial body is clearly separated from the regulatory body which is good. Separation of concerns help to avoid conflict of interests.

Re: Jason Ferguson has been appointed as Chairman of the WPB

Postby Wildey

N_Castle07 wrote:So do you think this means Hearn will take more of a backseat role now so he can concentrate on other sports?

LOL

the WPBSA is different from World Snooker Ltd.

World Snooker Ltd Which hearn owns looks after the sport where as WPBSA Looks after the players and Disciplinary matters thats why David Douglass is staying on the WPBSA Board as Vice.