Post a reply

A couple of questions about how the tour works

Postby gninnur karona

Competition entrance fees. Who pays them if anyone? And if some are required to pay - who has to pay and how much do they have to pay?

Prize money. Do players receive the prize money as indicated by the ranking system or do WST take a cut? If there are deductions for WST, on what basis are they calculated? Are amateurs treated the same as those with tour cards?

Re: A couple of questions about how the tour works

Postby HappyCamper

players have to pay the entry fees for the events that are required. though they may personally have separate agreements with sponsors to cover the cost.

however, wst announced they were waiving entry fees for all the main tour events a couple years back. this used to be about 5 grand each season if they had a full season.

the prize money is as published. but the players will be liable for their subscription fees to wpbsa.

Re: A couple of questions about how the tour works

Postby cupotee

from what i understood from a player or two being interviewed on youtube wst keep ten percent of players prize money and only pay it out about 9 weeks after the event , whether its taxed after that i don't know and i don't know if payouts for amateurs are any different.